MONACO MINI MADNESS II.

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 627 comments
Great few laps with Capt Gary and Will tonight. We all bested our previous times, and the racing was super close. Tomorrow will be the last chance to get some laps in before Saturdays final installment of Mini Madness. Monaco, here we come...👍👍👍

Lap times..

WEESCOTMAN...1:51.599
GTP_CAPT_D...1:51.994
ADE3210...1:52.412

Heres the link to the images from the first ever MONACO MINI MADNESS.

Cheers Phil, Im glad you enjoyed the pics. Heres a few more links to pictures of some of the other Mini Madness events that were run. There is room on the grid at Monaco if you fancy it this time around.

MADRID

LONDON

ROME

EIGER

Awesome practice session tonight. 11 racers turned in for times, and the racing was super close. Times are listed below. Mini Madness will end tomorrow at Monaco.

Lap times..

WEESCOTMAN...1:51.567
GTP_CAPT_D...1:51.594
ADE3210...1:52.181
GEORDIE...1:52.580
COBANI..1:52.616
JAMMYREX...1:52.624
GOODWOLF...1:52.754
GC255...1:53.425
GTP_ERIBA...1:54.792
TURBONATOR...1:54.806
TEH_LOTUS...1:59.291

Think I'll be bringing up the rear with my rusty 1:56's! Struggling with understeer after initial turn in. The two real ones I've got in the garage handle much better ;) even the one on 13" wheels!

Think I'll be bringing up the rear with my rusty 1:56's! Struggling with understeer after initial turn in. The two real ones I've got in the garage handle much better ;) even the one on 13" wheels!

Heres the set up im running. Gets rid of a lot of the understeer.

LSD.

10 initial torque

35 Acceleration sensitivity

5 Braking sensitivity
Suspension.

0 Ride Height -20
12.2 Spring rate 3.8
4 Dampers E 3
4 Dampers C 3
5 Anti-roll bars 1

1.2 Camber 0.0
-0.30 toe -0.20

Brake balance.
4 / 9

Also, heres a short video of last nights practice. Great fun racing. 👍👍👍

Last edited:

LSD.

10 initial torque

5 Braking sensitivity
Suspension.

0 Ride Height -20
12.2 Spring rate 3.8
4 Dampers E 3
4 Dampers C 3
5 Anti-roll bars 1

1.2 Camber 0.0
-0.30 toe -0.30

Brake balance.
4 / 9

Awesome video! Great fun racing, although that's the race where I got punted straight off at Leowes Hairpin as seen in the vid! Frenetic stuff though!

LSD.

10 initial torque

5 Braking sensitivity
Suspension.

0 Ride Height -20
12.2 Spring rate 3.8
4 Dampers E 3
4 Dampers C 3
5 Anti-roll bars 1

1.2 Camber 0.0
-0.30 toe -0.30

Brake balance.
4 / 9

Cheers ade! :) hopefully that will help me keep up!

OK racers, in just over an hour the doors will open for the Final Mini Madness. I'm expecting a very busy grid tonight, so the racing should be awesome. Practice last showed us some great battles in the mid field, with the mini able to slip into gaps that larger cars wouldnt. Its inevitable that its going to get a bit bumpy here and there, but lets keep the racing as clean as we can. Race ya all soon.

Room will open at 8.00pm GMT

Qualifying will start at 8.15pm GMT Fastest first.

Race 1 @ 8.30pm GMT

5 min break

Race 2 reverse grid from race 1

Car..Classic mini cooper 1.3i (standard)

Race 1...Monaco...16 laps (approx 30 mins)

Race 2...Monaco...16 laps (approx 30 mins)

Date...Sat 9th November 8.00pm GMT

Tuning...Absolutely everything...182 BHP (when run in)

Weight reduction...Full strip down...652 KG

Tyre...Sports soft

Transmission...Fully customisable

Suspension...Fully customisable

LSD...Fully customisable

Regs...All driving aids off except ABS

Room settings...Grid start, Grip real, boost off, damage weak, penaltys off, boost off, slipstream weak.

Pit stop...Not compulsory.

15 minutes qualifying. Fastest first, then reverse grid for the 2nd race.

Great end to Mini Madness. 10 racers over 2, 16 lap races, and the racing was MAD. Some super close battles in each race. It did get a bit bumpy here and there, but this was always going to be. Weescotman became the third racer to score the double, cementing himself on the Mini Madness wall of fame.

Monaco Mini Madness 2 Results.

Race 1.

Weescotman
Geordie
Cobani
Ade3210
Jammyrex
Cooper
Goodwolf
Third_Reign
GC255
Teh_Lotus

Race 2.

Weescotman
Third_Reign
Ade3210
Goodwolf
Geordie
Cobani
Jammyrex
Cooper
GC255
Teh_Lotus

MINI MADNESS WALL.PNG

What a great night's racing!

Ade, I was hoping you'd put the starting positions up too like you do with the Sunday Cup! Any chance you could do that?

(hehe-I was quite proud of my 3rd place grid slot!!!) :lol:

What a great night's racing!

Ade, I was hoping you'd put the starting positions up too like you do with the Sunday Cup! Any chance you could do that?

(hehe-I was quite proud of my 3rd place grid slot!!!) :lol:
I will get onto that later. Im also planning on getting some pics up.👍

I really enjoyed last nights final Mini Madness. There were some great racing battles in each race, with some lasting almost the entire race. Awesome fun, if not a little boisterous here and there. Weescotman showed us how its done, and his victory's in both races puts him in the archives of Mini Madness history. This has been a fun event to run, and it may well return at some point in GT6, but for now it really is time to garage these super tuned, super fun Mini's for the very last time.

Now for some pics of last nights action. For Jammyrex, there is the starting grid for race 1 which he requested, with all the other pics also from race 1. I will try to get some race 2 pics soon.

MINI RACE.PNG

Côte d'Azur_1.jpg

Côte d'Azur_2.jpg

Côte d'Azur_3.jpg

Côte d'Azur_4.jpg

Côte d'Azur_5.jpg

Côte d'Azur_6.jpg

Côte d'Azur_7.jpg

Côte d'Azur_8.jpg

Côte d'Azur_9.jpg

Côte d'Azur_10.jpg

Côte d'Azur_11.jpg

Côte d'Azur_12.jpg

Côte d'Azur_13.jpg

Côte d'Azur_14.jpg

Côte d'Azur_15.jpg

Côte d'Azur_16.jpg

Côte d'Azur_17.jpg

Côte d'Azur_18.jpg

Côte d'Azur_19.jpg

Great fun last night guys, surprised i got the double as normally i'm mid pack with the faster guys on track. Clean air in the first helped, and lucky to make up positions in the second. Big thanks to the hostest (ade) for putting on another amazing event. After Gary's club race next weekend i'll be taking a small break from online racing as i have one more endurance race to do and want it done before GT6 comes out. And a few things to deal with in life in general, sunday cup and all you racers have helped take my mind off of things recently and i have to say thankyou all.

Love the pics Ade, and thanks for putting up the qualifying positions! :D

Congrats to weescotsman, impressive slicing through the field in the 2nd race 👍

Pleased with my 5th in the first, but it did get a bit boisterous at times and was a little bit frustrated to get shuffled down the order in the 2nd race, but overall there was some great racing and I made a big error on the start finish straight to let 4 or 5 cars go by when my overtaking manoeuvre went a bit wrong about a third through the race, but at least nobody else suffered. I really enjoyed getting to grips with the mini! Thanks Ade for hosting, and for the tips on setup. Interestingly I stuck with my original gearing as I seemed to get on better with that, but probably because I was more used to it from the previous evening's practice session.

Thanks again and I look forward to racing with you guys in the future, hopefully with another GT5 event but with GT6 on the horizon I can't wait to see what that brings for us all :cheers:

Back