Monday Night Racing (recruiting for GT7 now)

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 382 comments
Thanks for your interest in MNR, blowmyvalves!

There is no registration necessary. Find the lobby, join in on the racing, have fun. The lobby will open in about 1.5 hours from now.

Curious about MNR races? This is a typical race and a good example of our environment, although the lobby had a bit of lag in this race. Please join us in our neverending struggle to be better drivers while having fun.

Last edited:
Expect Discord communities to be linkable through a PS4 and a PS5 early this year.

It is thought that using Discord was the reason behind discontinuing PSN Communities. There is a dormant Discord community related to MNR that can be reactivated.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

January 10 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Lamborghini Huracan Gr.4, 404 HP, 3009 lbs, Tires = SM

Lamborghini-Huracan-Gr-4-20220108161338.jpg

Tracks, Conditions (Laps):
Autopolis Shortcut, Tires=10X, Fuel=6X, (13)
Tokyo Express East Inner Rain, (wet tires), Tires=10X, Fuel=5X, (7)
St Croix B, Tires=10X, Fuel=6X*, (6)

Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
Wow, what a great night! 12-13 drivers for many races and good fun, too. A driver from our ToCA 2-3 days returned to the fold, too. What a great feeling.

The lobby opens at 7:30 Eastern. I am still eating supper at 6:30. Thanks for joining last night. It was rewarding to see such a full lobby again.

Monday Night Racing

January 17 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray, 2014, 453HP, 3307 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium

Chevy-Corvette-C7-2014-20220115161456.jpg

Streets of Willow, Tires=7X, Fuel=5X, (12)
Tokyo Express Central Inner, Tires=7X, Fuel=4X, (10)
Nordschleife, Tires=7X, Fuel=5X, (2)

Please practice, to find your braking zones and to find your comfort zone. On Nordschleife, the usual problem areas are real problems, so figure them out. A good tune will help a lot. Also, the top speeds vary on the different tracks, from 115, to 175MPH, but you may want to leave your transmission at one setting to save from shifting gears too often on the shorter tracks, since you want be reaching fast speeds.

Last edited:
We tested using Sport Mediums after most of you left the lobby. They were more comfortable than the Hards, but that wasn't how Hards felt during testing. I guess that's what happens "when the rubber hits the road".

Monday Night Racing

January 24 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: BMW Z4 Gr.3, 508 HP, 2623 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard

BMW-Z4-Gr-3-20220122162916.jpg

Red Bull Ring, Tires = 11X, Fuel 5X, (10)
Nurburgring GP, Tires = 10X, Fuel = 5X, (8)
Spa, Tires = 9X, Fuel = 4X, (8)

This is a very stable and dependable car. It should boost your self-confidence. Gears will get you 159 MPH on Spa.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

January 31 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

This Monday's MNR will be our last special event using GT Sport. There are four half-hour races with four different "big" cars selected. The total purchase price will be a bit less than 2.5 million credits, if you need to buy them all. Save up and rest up.

As a special event, this next one will be a bit different in that these will be timed races (variable # of laps), qualifying, and a gas tank that is half full (staggered pits?), using 4 cars totalling 2.4 Million credits. There will be next to no time for tuning nor time to waste. If we can start early, all the better, so please be ready. The first 3 races will have a 5 min qualifier, plus a 25 min race. Race #4 will be a straight 30 minutes of racing. The lobby will be friends only.

The first 3 races will be standing starts, the 4th is rolling, no qualifier. No restarts, so don't spoil anyone's race, including yours. Starting gas tank is 50% full, so you will have to pit at least once. The lobby will be friends only, so be prepared and early. Qualifiers should allow ~4 laps to settle down, but it goes straight to the race, so you race what you have. Don't exit!

Race #1: Laguna Seca, Ford GT N600 2006, 550 HP, 3199 lbs, Sport Soft tires @ 8X, Fuel=5X, 5+25 minutes. This car has lousy brakes, so find your braking points.

Ford-GT-2006-N600-20220131151725.jpg

Race #2: Brands Hatch GP, Aston-Martin V12 Vantage Gr.3, 519 HP, 2756 lbs, Racing Hard tires @ 12X, Fuel=10X, 5+25 minutes.

Aston-Martin-V12-Vantage-Gr-3-20220131151700.jpg

Race #3: Tokyo Express South Outer, NISSAN NISMO GT-R Gr.2 2008, 494 HP, 2425 lbs, Racing Hard tires @ 22X, Fuel=10X, 5+25 minutes.

NISSAN-NISMO-GT-R-Gr-2-20220131151739.jpg

Race #4: La Sarthe no/chicane, Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9, Gr.1, 927 HP, 1969 lbs, Racing Hard tires @ 10X, Fuel=4X. 30 minutes, no qualifier. Top speed = 233? Amazing brakes, though.

Mercedes-Benz-Sauber-C90-20220131151756.jpg

Last edited:
Would love to join … seems I’ll miss 3 straight weeks (last wk and the 2 coming). Got the tunes saved anyway … just in case. Enjoy guys.

Thanks for the heads-up, perish.

There is a renewed interest in racing on-line in GT Sport and it is showing up in MNR participation, too. This special event should probably fill our lobby, so, if you can attend, come early.

What an amazing night of racing! Three straight hours of high-octane fun. Thanks to everyone who could join us.

Last edited:
For some reason I couldn’t see the lobby ??? Oh well….
You didn't tell me that. The PSN seems to have had that problem, lately. I could have simply given the room ID number to you and then you could have joined. Unfortunately, you missed a fun night.

I am going to try rerunning this Wednesday afternoon, but attendance will be lower. Can you race at that time?

Last edited:
What an amazing night of racing! Three straight hours of high-octane fun. Thanks to everyone who could join us.
Great preparation! Thanks for the effort you put into making Monday nights fun. I managed to get home in time to enjoy half the evening. Thanks WidC (PSN name) and MasterGT for the tunes!

This is footage of the whole Race #4. The last 3 laps were a nailbiter for the win.

Last edited:
You didn't tell me that. The PSN seems to have had that problem, lately. I could have simply given the room ID number to you and then you could have joined. Unfortunately, you missed a fun night.

I am going to try rerunning this tomorrow afternoon, but attendance will be lower. Can you race at that time?
Unfortunately I’ll be at work, the Monday session works better for me.
If it happens again I’ll be sure to ask for the room ID

Monday Night Racing

February 7 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: NISSAN Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13), 171 HP, 2513 lbs, Tires = Comfort Soft

NISSAN-Silvia-K-s-Dia-Selection-S13-20220204194953.jpg

Suzuka East, Tires = 8X, Fuel = 13X, (14)
Big Willow, Tires = 9X, Fuel = 11X, (9)
Nordschleife, Tires = 13X, Fuel = 9X, (2)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

February 14 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Renault Sport Megane Gr.4, 350 HP, 2425 lbs, Tires = Sports Medium

Renault-Sport-Megane-Gr-4-20220212015826.jpg

Sardegna Road Track B2, Tires=6X, Fuel=6X, (10)
Dragon Trail Seaside, Tires=6X*, Fuel=6X, (9)
Monza, Tires=7X, Fuel=6X8, (8)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

February 14 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car, N500, 500 HP, 3197 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard

Citroen_GT_by_Citroen_20220219182238.jpg

Tokyo Expressway Central Outer, Tires - 8X, Fuel = 2X (11)
Alscace Village 2, Tires = 6X, Fuel = 2X, (7)
St Croix A2, Tires = 6X, Fuel = 2X, (5)

This car is heavy enough that you will want a good tune for it. I tried my best to make it work. While fuel may not be a big problem, tire wear probably will be. Please practice.

Last edited:
Back