Monday Night Racing (Recruiting)

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 272 comments
Or the lazy way:

If you're not home or can't sit in front of your PS, you can set a custom race at Special Stage X with (example) a SRT Tomahawk S on RS tires, a custom grid of 20 "normal" cars, no tire wear, no fuel loss, real grip, real slipstream and cook for 11 laps per hour. Set the number of laps for the amount of time you will be gone or sleeping. Rig the throttle on the controller with a rubber band and the L stick to the left some. To much will slow the can to much. (The offered one lap race can be used to find the sweet spot. Yes, pictures are to the right but, you get the concept) Then let fly! Granted, you don't make as much however, you don't need to even be home or awake. Best thing short of B-Spec Bob.

Oh, remember to plug in your controller or it will die!
No promises you will win the race however, it seems to give the clean driving bonus regardless.

Attachments

• 20230320_132401.jpg
    20230320_132401.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230320_132357.jpg
    20230320_132357.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thanks for join us last night, SnakeEyes427, and I hope you keep interested in getting up to speed with us.

Starting off with a tough car would have been challenging, for sure. Having said that, I haven't met a (stock) GT car that required Traction Control yet, so we haven't used it in over 10 years.

I am not sure what you mean about stopping/passing, though. Typically, if we cause an accident, we are supposed to wait until the victim gets going again, but maybe somebody just wanted to have someone close by to race with. Dunno

Monday Night Racing

March 27 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Peugeot VGT Gr.3, 542 HP, 2756 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard, (target PP = 713ish)

Add the Racing Transmission.

Peugeot-VGT-Gr-3.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps)
Fuji Speedway Full, Tires=4X Fuel=7X*, (9)
Trial Mountain, Tires=4X Fuel=6X*, (8)
St Croix C Reverse, Tires=4X Fuel 5X, (4)

Come join us and drive this Gr.3 beautiful, favourite car.

Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Open lobby or friends only lobby? Ran a few practice AI races with the VGT - what a hand full keeping the rear end straight while braking.
Look for the tracks and the car for the lobby.

Try playing with your brake balance for the spins. Also, it hates paint so stay away from the curbs.
Hope this helps.

I think I have fairly good tune now. Runs consistent lap times and I can make it on fuel. Took like 12 hours to make it work but I did.

Tips, use all the gears and don't let it stay at the top of any gear for longer than it needs to be. If like me you run a automatic, that means lots of playing with 4th, 5th and, 6th. And, don't be afraid of using the fuel map. You will make it up in the not pitting and it can act like a TC in that the engine revs slower.

Hope this helps some of you.

Last edited:
Open lobby or friends only lobby? Ran a few practice AI races with the VGT - what a hand full keeping the rear end straight while braking.
MNR lobbies are always open, unless something comes up that means we should be friends only. I usually supply a tune, to help you survive the evening better. Linked above or click my signature.

i look forward to racing with you tonight, Timm.

Well, that was a blast tonight, some great racing and a lot of laughs with the jokes.
Thanks for setting it up Mastr, and hangin' in. Your tune worked pretty good.

Thanks, Old_Geezzer! Yeah, a fun night. Some good racing, too. You did well.

I made a few changes to my tune as we went along. Found a few problems.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

April 3 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Honda S660 2015, 63, 1830, Tires = Comfort Hard, Tires=50X Fuel=22X, (target PP = 275.90)

Add the FC Suspension, Differential, & Manual Transmission.

Honda-S660-Aomori-Museum-of-Art.jpg

Maggiore East End, (14)
Barcelona Nation, (10)
Nurburgring Sprint, (8)

Fuel may be close on most tracks.

Such low PP cars as this S660 promote lots of close racing fun. Please join on it, tonight!

Monday Night Racing

April 10 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Toyota GR Yaris RZ 2020, 268 HP, 2844 lbs,Tires = Sport Hard

Add the FC Suspension, Differential, & Manual Transmission. Aero parts will be allowed.

Toyota-Yaris-Gastown-Vancouver.jpg

Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa Reverse, Tires=7X Fuel=6X, (8)
Autopolis Short, Tires=8X Fuel 8X, (10)
Tokyo Expressway Central Counter-clockwise, Tires=7X Fuel=6X, (10)

This week, EEZY-BREEZY will host as I recover from surgery, therefore I can't supply a tune for this car. Next week, we should be back to normal. The lobby will be open to all.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up, SnakeEyes427!

The Yaris really needs a good tune, but you still have to drive the car. Trail-braking also helps. I will have to work on a tune.

Good fun and driving, tonight, guys!

Monday Night Racing

April 10 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Porsche 959 1987, 443 HP, 3197 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium

Add the normal Fully Customizable parts: Suspension, Transmission, and Differential. The Vectoring Differential and Brake Balance Controller really help manage the car's handling, too.

Porsche-959-1987-ironworks.jpg

Nurburgring Sprint, Tires=5X Fuel=5X, (9)
Tokyo Expressway South Clockwise, Tires=4X Fuel 4X, (9)
Barcelona No Chicane, Tires=4X Fuel=4X*, (8)

Monday Night Racing

April 24 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Alpine VGT Race, 443 HP, 1984 lbs, Tires = Race Hard, (target PP = 743ish)

No parts can be added.

Because of the tuning limitations of this car and the way power kicks in like a turbo, practice will be necessary to adapt to this car. My tune controls most of the nastiness of the Differential, but be careful of the torque and upshifting past an apex. Fuel shouldn't be an issue on these tracks (fingers crossed).

Alpine-VGT-Race-Festungsgasse.jpg

Goodwood, Tires=8X Fuel=5X, (13)
Deep Forest, Tires=8X Fuel=6X, (10)
Bathurst, Tires=8X Fuel=5X, (8)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

May 1 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Mazda Mazda3 2019, 177 HP, 3263 lbs, Comfort Soft tires, (target PP = 419.45)

Add the normal FC Suspension, Manual Transmission, Differential, and the Vectoring Differential. The Brake Controller can be beneficial, too.

Mazda-Mazda3-2019-Mimitsu-1.jpg

Maggiore Center, Tires=12X Fuel=9X, (15)
Sardegna B Reverse, Tires=12X Fuel=8X, (9)
St Croix B Reverse, Tires=12X Fuel=8X, (4)

Monday Night Racing

May 8 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT, 147, 1323, Tires = Comfort Soft, (Target PP = 477.93ish)

While the car has limited tuning, it does have downforce available. Use it to help control wheelspin and tire wear.

Daihatsu-Copen-RJ-VGT-Cherry-Trees-at-Iwaki-River.jpg

Kyoto Driving Park Miyabi, Tires = 15X Fuel = 14X, (19)
Maggiore West End, Tires = 16X Fuel = 14X, (14)
Grand Valley South Reverse, Tires= 15X Fuel = 14X, (11)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

May 15 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: BMW M3 2003, 339 HP, 3439 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard, (target PP = 527.81)

Add the normal Fully customizable Suspension, Manual Transmission, and Differential. The Brake Balance Controller is also useful.

BMW-M3-2003-Trient.jpg

Autopolis GP, Tires = 8X Fuel = 6X, (7)
Grand Valley, Tires = 8X Fuel = 6X, (7)
Nordschleife, Tires = 9X Fuel = 6X*, (2)

Monday Night Racing

May 22 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: BMW VGT, 541 HP, 2601 lbs, Tires = Sport soft, (target PP = 691ish)

The tire and track combinations were chosen to challenge your driver inputs. If nowhere else, practice in Arcade mode races at Barcelona and see if you can win cleanly.

BMW-VGT-Antoniusbuche.jpg

Barcelona National, Tires = 6X Fuel = 7X, (12)
Deep Forest Reverse, Tires = 6X Fuel = 6X, (10)
Red Bull Ring, Tires = 6X Fuel = 6X, (10)

Last edited:
5th Monday Special Event - Memorial Day
This 5th Monday special event requires 4 different cars. The length of races increase with each one. The performance of the cars increase with each race. Some personal choice will play a part in how your race goes. Please join in on the fun.
Monday Night Racing

May 29 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

GT-F1500-T-A-Home-Straight-Entrance.jpg

Races, Conditions, (Laps)
Race #1:
300 PP Road Cars, Tires = Comfort Hard, Tires = 50X Fuel = 20X, Grand Valley South Reverse, (9)
Race #2: 500 PP Race Cars, Tires = Comfort Softs, Tires = 15X Fuel = 10X, Maggiore East, (12)
Race #3: 400 PP Road Cars, Minimum 2800 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium, Blue Moon Infield A, Tires = 4X Fuel = 3X, (20)
Race #4: Gran Turismo F1500T-A, 986 HP, 1190 lbs, Tires = Race Soft, Racing Transmission, Tires = 4X, Fuel = 4X, La Sarthe with Chicanes, (10)

Monday Night Racing

June 5 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: NISSAN 180SX Type X 1996, 203 HP, 2690 lbs, Tires = Comfort Medium, (target PP = 428.76)

Add the normal Fully Customizable Suspension, Manual Transmission, Differential. The Brake Balance Controller may help your front tires.

NISSAN-180-SX-Type-X-1996-Aomori-Museum-of-Art.jpg

Sardegna C Reverse, Tires=10X Fuel=10X*, (13)
Tokyo Central Clockwise, Tires=10X* Fuel=9X, (9)
KDP Yamagiwa Reverse, Tires=9X Fuel=10X, (7)

Please practice with these combos. Find your braking points because brakes are lacking. Also, Tokyo will hit you hard with a narrow track, passing points, walls / penalties, tire wear. Fuel should be OK, though. And, if you are adverse to reverse tracks, please run some laps on each.

The lobby filled up, last week, so if you wish to join us, please plan on getting in early.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

June 5 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: NISSAN 180SX Type X 1996, 203 HP, 2690 lbs, Tires = Comfort Medium, (target PP = 428.76)

Add the normal Fully Customizable Suspension, Manual Transmission, Differential. The Brake Balance Controller may help your front tires.

NISSAN-180-SX-Type-X-1996-Aomori-Museum-of-Art.jpg

Sardegna C Reverse, Tires=10X Fuel=10X*, (13)
Tokyo Central Clockwise, Tires=10X* Fuel=9X, (9)
KDP Yamagiwa Reverse, Tires=9X Fuel=10X, (7)

Please practice with these combos. Find your braking points because brakes are lacking. Also, Tokyo will hit you hard with a narrow track, passing points, walls / penalties, tire wear. Fuel should be OK, though. And, if you are adverse to reverse tracks, please run some laps on each.

The lobby filled up, last week, so if you wish to join us, please plan on getting in early.

I won't be able to join. I have one with an engine swap and they are sold out on the used car lot. BIG G

Monday Night Racing

June 12 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Alpine A220 Race Car, 319 HP, 1521 lbs, Tires = Sport Soft, add the Racing Transmission

Alpine_A220_Race_Car_Orleans_.jpg

Grand Valley Hwy1 Reverse, Tires=7X Fuel=6X, (8)
Alsace Village Reverse, Tires=&X Fuel=6X*, (8)
St Croix C Reverse, Tires=7X Fuel=6X*, (5)

This is another car that will punish you for staying on the throttle too long and if you brake too late. Your exits will be slow.Finding the driving line will make your life easier, so using the map pins will help with unfamiliar tracks. So will practicing.

Last edited:
Fair is fair.

I collated all of the race tracks that we have used in GT7, to make sure that I don't miss / ignore any or dis / favour any. Until now, I have been doing this by memory, but now it is on paper. To be fair to myself, I've done pretty good, so far. Now, I can see if there are any adjustments that I need to make and account for them.

If I favoured any, it is because they are new tracks and we need to learn them. If I disfavoured any, they are my favourite tracks. Forward / reverse are pretty much even across the board, except for one track, so if anyone wants more practice on all tracks, please join us each Monday night.

Back