Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Championship Points (also shown in post 1 on page 1)

Round 3 Oulton Park Intl.jpg

After three rounds Ferrari have taken the lead in the Manufacturers Championship.

Oulton Park is good 3 hours for me, great too watch anywhere round the track. Walked round it a couple of times, when there. Where are your hill climbs If?

Good race last night, with Rich making the podium on his return. I was using loose settings, getting bit more use to the car now, no damage so did quite well.

Yesterday I did quite a few laps and a couple of races against the AI (both with tyre wear on) in the TR and, once I'd got the hang of it (on loose), it felt great. In the practice room it felt great. In qualification it felt great. Come the race and it felt... well odd. Even on the first lap it didn't seem quite the same and it didn't get any better. I think they fitted some cross ply part worn remolds to it before the race. :boggled: My pace went right off. Shame, I was looking forward to it as well.

Well done to those who managed to tame it. :bowdown:

Can I have the Aston back? :sly:

Where are your hill climbs If?
I've been to Loton Park a few times, even marshaled there many years ago. Another is Shelsley Walsh it's a bit further away but probably the next nearest. I've not been there. It's a bit barren around Shropshire!

Good to see @richroo pop in. 👍

I don't think it is a TR problem. I used to have this bug in our every race before last patch. Since update I had it only once or twice and it wasn't so noticible like it was before update. After wheel FW update I didn't have contrler disconection issue so hope it gone too.

That race at Oulton Park two days ago was one of my most enjoyable ones of these last four years. It was really exciting to battle with @beachboy6658. We were together for the entire race.

I really like the Oulton layout, ever since playing these games on the PS1 and PS2 a long time ago.

toca-2-touring-cars-e19453.jpg

51Y85WZ9REL.jpg

Didn't anyone save the results from Oulton with that Project Cars 2 app?

I truly loved the TOCA games. Many (way too many) hours of entertainment. The golden era of Codemasters, with these two and the supreme Colin McRae Rally.

I think the first time I virtually drove at Oulton was back in 1993 (damn, 25 years ago!) in what I believe was the first ever appearance of the track on a game. It was featured in Network Q RAC Rally. It was a stage of the actual rally.

EDIT: oh good memories... just remembered that the game came in 5 or 6 disquetes, and that one, (or actually the following game, can’t recall now), came with a later expansion on another disquete, which came by ordinary mail. That’s DLC in nineteenninetysomething!

Last edited:
just remembered that the game came in 5 or 6 disquetes, and that one, (or actually the following game, can’t recall now), came with a later expansion on another disquete, which came by ordinary mail. That’s DLC in nineteenninetiesomething!
Ah those were the days. Mind you if the game was buggy you were stuck with it. None of these online updates.

I did have one game that crashed at a certain point. They had to send new CDs (wow yes a CD) out to everyone and you had to send the original back.

Those road circuits look great fun for Brno, would definitely like to see one of the shorter ones in the next Project Cars.

Also, thanks for including all of my balls ups in your lovely gallery John, really appreciate it :P:lol:

I was car number 7, in case you didn't know.

Settings for Brno (note change from night to early dawn)

Date: 21/016/70
Session Start Time: 02:00 (Qual time also 02:00)
Time Progression: 5x
Weather: Clear / Light Cloud / Clear / Light Cloud
Weather Progression: Sync To Race

Just had a thought regarding replays, one possibility we could have (and it's a long shot I know) is if someone is possibly unavailable to race but wouldn't mind starting, retiring to the pits and monitoring the race. It's a massive long shot, but I only thought about it after I couldn't race on Wednesday because I was on the phone with my old man. I could, if I'd thought about it before, have done the above though.

Welcome New Guys !!!

Welcome to @Senna94f1 (PSN: mark___f1) and @Paulzx (PSN: Paulzx)
Hopefully you will be able to join us on Monday - the cars to use are: Mark = Ferrari 250 TR, blue race number 12; Paul = Aston Martin DBR1/300, green number 8. Mark - If you don't have the Ferrari DLC please let me know. Paul - do you have the Ferrari DLC?

The Wednesday Series is full, but I have put you down as first and second reserves:

Mark = Porsche 908/03 race number 2, Paul = Porsche 908/03 race number 7.

Please let me know if you have any queries. PS GTPlanet is misbehaving at the moment hence strange font etc.

Back