[PS4] MONDAYS: Aston Martin DBR1/300 1959 - 20:30-21:30BST - Season 2 - Champion SimbaloraFinished 

Sick_Cylinder
[PS4] Round 6 Season 2 (Silverstone International) 8th May - SPACES - Sign Up Now!!!
S Moss Stage 2.jpg

To sign up - send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder2

Congratulations to SimbaLora (Andreas) Champion of Season 1

AM Poster New.jpg

Last edited:
Settings

Default setup (tuning prohibited)
Private
Grid 16
Fill vacant slots with AI - Yes
AI level 30

Event Length
1 x 30 minutes Race
Practise: 5 or 10 minutes
Qualification: 10 or 15 minutes depending on track length
Warmup: 5 minutes

Conditions
Light Cloud and 14:00 real time OR
Medium Cloud and 15:00 real time

Different weather conditions may be used from time to time, but will be announced in advance.

Restrictions
Force Interior view - Yes
Force Manual gear - No
Force realistic driving aids - No
Force default setups -Yes
Allow ABS - No
Allow Stability Control - No
Allow Traction Control - No

Damage - On - Full
Mechanical Failure - No
Tire Wear - Off
Fuel Usage - Off
Auto Start Engine - Yes
Flags and penalties - On
Allow Ghosted Vehicles - No

Track List / Programme For 2017

PC Mondays 2017 Track List Rev 2.jpg

Link to "Sick's Race Room" Club thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...4-great-racing-with-a-classic-flavour.352081/

Last edited:
Car Liveries and Numbers

In Project cars you cannot choose a race number like you can in GT6, but you can choose a livery which is pre-fitted with a race number. Go to garage and select the car then scroll through until you find the one you want then save. When you go to race online you go to garage and choose the car which you saved earlier.

Please choose one of the following liveries / race numbers - Please treat the AI drivers with as much respect as the human drivers - note the AI drivers sometimes cut the track, but we humans never do that!

We will be using AI drivers set at level 40 to fill empty spaces on the grid.

22 Sick Cylinder - Red with white stripes
24 Longspread - Light Blue
28 Flaco - Dark Red
44 AndreasR - Blue with white stripe
46 John Wells - Yellow
14 Skip7950 - Dark Blue
18 Paul Bee - Light Green with black stripes
30 Alex ONeill - Dark Green with orange stripe
31 Richroo - Dark green with light blue stripe
50 Buybon - Green with yellow lips
3 JakeTV - Metallic Green with Yellow Lips
4 Available - Metallic Green with Blue Lips
6 Available - Metallic Green with Red Lips
20 Maximusmonster - Metallic Green (Reserve Driver)
7 Available - Yellow Lips
8 Available - Blue Lips
19 Available - Blue Lips

Last edited:
Inspiration for the series

This series is being run as a tribute to Stirling Moss - one of the greatest allround drivers of all time and the car with which he helped Aston Martin win the World Sports Car Championship. This short film tells the story of his 1959 Nurburgring 1000km triumph.

In this short clip Stirling drives the DBR1 and briefly reviews the other great sports cars of the 1950's (cars which hopefully will be added as competitors in Project Cars 2).

Last edited:
Rules

We will be following the Online Racing Rules (OLR) as published on GT Planet. Please read and comply with these - click on link below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/

Key Things
This is a hobby and we do this for fun, including me!
If you make a mistake and gain an advantage - give the place back.
If you make a mistake and go off the track - be careful when you rejoin not to get in the way of oncoming cars.
If you get upset - don't retaliate.
If you get upset - quit the race and calm down.
If you need to complain about someone's driving wait until the next day then send a private message via GT Planet to Sick Cylinder - DO NOT complain about other drivers on this thread or any other public forum.

Penalties
I like to keep things simple - if a penalty needs to be given a driver may have their result altered. If it was a serious offence they may be excluded from the results.
Serious and / or repeated offences may result in a temporary or permanent ban

Last edited:
Sick, I see you penalties turned off, but just so everyone knows, this does NOT turn off the 'lap time invalidated' penalty for going off track...No way that I know of to turn that off. It really only affects you in quali...But if you get too many of those during race it can DQ you and send you back to garage.
Forewarned is forearmed!!!

Rules

We will be following the Online Racing Rules (OLR) as published on GT Planet. Please read and comply with these - click on link below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/

Key Things
This is a hobby and we do this for fun, including me!
If you make a mistake and gain an advantage - give the place back.
If you make a mistake and go off the track - be careful when you rejoin not to get in the way of oncoming cars.
If you get upset - don't retaliate.
If you get upset - quit the race and calm down.
If you need to complain about someone's driving wait until the next day then send a private message via GT Planet to Sick Cylinder - DO NOT complain about other drivers on this thread or any other public forum.

Penalties
I like to keep things simple - if a penalty needs to be given a driver may have their result altered. If it was a serious offence they may be excluded from the results.
Serious and / or repeated offences may result in a temporary or permanent ban
Pasted in from Gtplanet rules:

"K:

If a driver wants to retire from a race, the driver concerned must not exit the race. The driver must find a position on the track where the driver will not endanger other drivers, park their car by pressing "start" and wait for the race to end. Keep in mind that your car may start to move when the start button is pressed. Place your car on a position where this movement won't cause any problems for drivers who are still racing."

This would be for GT6 I assume..Normally if you cannot continue a race on Pcars, such as running out of fuel and cannot make it back to your pit, you would go to menu and select retire option..Which zaps you to garage where you are parked for race duration...Simulating being towed in. You cannot drive back out to rejoin race, but you are still in the session, and can become a race spectator.
Will this be the acceptable thing to do if anyone cannot continue in a race?
Skip

Hey guys! I have joined Simba and Longspread testing today, and had a lot of fun. So, well, I'm back! :D

At least for tomorrow, it looks very good that I can make it. I am not sure about future races, yet.

#28 is still available, right?

Sick, I'm afraid not everyone might have noticed your change of PSN account, me myself haven't so until a moment ago, new FR sent!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hi sick ,
Have only just got my ps4 hat on and have found out that i don't have the car as its extra to my pcars edition (not goty) ,
It is still pos for me to join but will req you to set that car only ...
But means no prctice unless someones online ....

Hi sick ,
Have only just got my ps4 hat on and have found out that i don't have the car as its extra to my pcars edition (not goty) ,
It is still pos for me to join but will req you to set that car only ...
But means no prctice unless someones online ....

Have you got the car now Rich?

The Game of the Year Edition is well worth getting because it's only about £20, but has 125 cars and all the DLC tracks (I think that brings the total tracks up to about 65 or 70) - bear in mind that if you get the GOTY Edition you have to start the game again - the game save from the basic game doesn't work with the GOTY Edition.

Hi Sick, put me down for car number 18 - I think thats the only one left?
PaulBee_58

Hi Paul - welcome on board! I have added three extra liveries / numbers to the list so more people can sign up - I would like a full room of 16 plus 4 reserves as we sometimes used to have on GT6, but this is probably unlikely because less people have this game - hence we will try padding out the field with a few AI cars set at level 50 - today there will be 6 unless some more people sign up at the last minute.

Anyone wanting to sign up just send a friend request to Sick_Cylinder2 and pick a livery / number from the list - I will be at work all day today and won't get a chance to check GT Planet again until just before opening the room at 20:25.

Test Round 0 Schedule - Brands Hatch GP

Note - test round moved to Brands as it is easier to test at a short track.

20:25 Invitations sent with 10 minutes Practise session.
20:35 Qualifying 10 minutes
20:45 Race 3 Laps
20:55 approx. - Qualifying 5 minutes
21:00 approx. - warmup 5 minutes (comfort break)
21:05 approx. - Race 3 laps
21:15 approx. - Qualifying 5 minutes
21:20 approx.- Race - Laps subject to schedule
21:30 approx. - meeting finish

Note - the above format is for the test round only.

Hi all

I will create a room at 18:30 GMT with similar settings for practising

This room will be opened for public in order to invite new drivers. So don´t be too disturbed by them.

starting with 25 min of free practise, 10 min Qualifying and 3 x 15 min Races

5 min break ( or driving) between every session

feel free to join (or leave) as you like

Finish is fixed set at 20:15 GMT

Good fun everybody

:cheers: Andreas R

Test Round 0

Thanks to all who attended the test round 0 - it was definitely very helpful and as a result of this test I will be making some changes to the series.

There will just be 1 race per round
Qualifying will be a minimum of 10 minutes. Where it is longer than 10 minutes e.g. Nordschleife the race length will be reduced accordingly. Note Nordschleife will be 3 laps

Format will be 10 minutes practise, but I will start this at 20:25 (I was late triggering the practise today).
10 or 15 minutes qualifying.
5 minute warmup (comfort break)
30 minute race approx.
Meeting end at 21:30 approx.

The third race (of one lap) showed that the game uses a strange order for the gird if qualifying is omitted.

I originally anticipated 2 races per meeting, but I think one race makes more sense with this car.

I felt that the AI cars added a nice bit of spice to the meeting and having them at level 50 meant they were not too difficult to pass during qualifying.

I noticed a bit of lag, but my broadband is due to be upgraded on 15th February so hopefully will improve this.

Good test race all , did anyone snap the results screens as not able to get up in replay ? Don't get much time to remember to save ...

Had two good races bit slow in Q but got quicker as the laps went by :)

Last edited:
Good racing everyone, hope I didn't get in anyone's way:)

First time been online, a little different too GT. Car feels more bouncing when hitting bumps, is this right feel?

I have turned force feed, down to 70, so it less noise for people in the house:D

First i want to say sorry for me being late for yesterdays session. I thaught i've calculated stockholm time vs gmt correct so when the session started i was having a rest after some practise with skip, flaco etc...

Well, i made it to the second race at least, starting dead last..
Until next week i promise to learn the clock :-)

Test Round 0

Thanks to all who attended the test round 0 - it was definitely very helpful and as a result of this test I will be making some changes to the series.

Qualifying will be a minimum of 10 minutes. Where it is longer than 10 minutes e.g. Nordschleife the race length will be reduced accordingly. Note Nordschleife will be 3 laps

Format will be 10 minutes practise, but I will start this at 20:25 (I was late triggering the practise today).
30 minute race approx.

The third race (of one lap) showed that the game uses a strange order for the gird if qualifying is omitted.

I originally anticipated 2 races per meeting, but I think one race makes more sense with this car.

I felt that the AI cars added a nice bit of spice to the meeting and having them at level 50 meant they were not too difficult to pass during qualifying.

I noticed a bit of lag, but my broadband is due to be upgraded on 15th February so hopefully will improve this.

I think the change to one longer race sounds great! It was fun racing with you guys, thank you and see you all next week.

@John Wells - The Aston is an old car with suspension from that era. I wish I was able to drive the real thing and be able to comment on how close to reality it is but I'll probably never get that chance. I have driven a BMW 2002 on a race track in real life and I would have to say that the feeling and handling in the game very much represents the real thing minus actually feeling the G force.

Last edited:
Test Round 0

30 minute race approx.

Hi Sick,
IMO there are two more tweaks needed, turn on 'Damage' and 'Penalties'
There were some unfortunate incidents last night that took the edge of what was a great first test of this rather unique series.
Regards
Paul

GT6 had an easy text speak facility, but Project Cars doesn't seem to have this. A lot of you were using headsets and it was quite frustrating not being able to respond to questions before the race started - I will need to dig mine out!

Before the race people were asking about Darien Robbo - he is on my friends list, but didn't choose a livery / race number. Ledbetter (My Kull) hasn't sent me a friend request or chosen a car so I am not sure if those two guys have dropped out.

@LexLathor - we have a space for you if you have Project Cars and want to join. @Pimasz - we also have space for you if you have a PS4 and Project Cars. Anyone reading this - we have a few spaces left for drivers who do their best to drive cleanly and considerately - to join show your interest by posting on this thread and choose a car livery / number. Then send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder2.

Hi Sick,
IMO there are two more tweaks needed, turn on 'Damage' and 'Penalties'
There were some unfortunate incidents last night that took the edge of what was a great first test of this rather unique series.
Regards
Paul

I don't know much about the penalties and how they work in Project Cars so perhaps you and others could list the type of penalties and whether they are well implemented in the game.

Regarding damage - that is a possibility and personally I would prefer that, but probably not at a long track like Nordschleife. Again, perhaps people with more experience of Project Cars can comment on the likely effectiveness of damage.

I don't know much about the penalties and how they work in Project Cars so perhaps you and others could list the type of penalties and whether they are well implemented in the game.

Regarding damage - that is a possibility and personally I would prefer that, but probably not at a long track like Nordschleife. Again, perhaps people with more experience of Project Cars can comment on the likely effectiveness of damage.

Hi Sick
Switching 'Penalties' On will engage a time penalty system. If you exceed track limits and gain an advantage a 5 or 10 second time penalty will be applied to your car rendering the throttle inactive while the clock ticks down. It's also preferential to have 'Game Chat' on so that a penalised driver can alert those behind him to his slowing up as he serves his penalty.

Game chat on also allows a driver to warn others he is leaving the pits or is alongside another racer but potentially be in his 'blind spot'

I do think 'Penalties' and 'Damage' On, is key to promoting fair and considerate driving behaviour, especially at the Nordschleife, where passing cleanly is extremely challenging, but where the chap in front shouldn't be driven through or off the track as a result. Particularly with the pcars collision set up being what it is.

Regards
Paul

Back