Monsters' drifting garage

England
Manchester
MonstercaatUK
Hello everyone! I'm quite new to drifting, got into it because of some videos I saw and some people online on GT6. Wasn't a fan of GT5 drifting as it was nearly impossible to me but I've got the hang of it on GT6.

I will be posting some of my base tunes for drifting and with a little help from my mate @DolHaus I hope to get better and post good drfit tunes.

If I ever make a change on a tune it will appear as "Edited" followed by the date it was edited and what is edited will be underlined so it's easier for everyone to understand.

Let's start off with a car I really liked and used to get my top score on Suzuka

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_zps0db21d4b.jpg

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_1_zpsa36fd8dc.jpg

Autobacs Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08

Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 696 BHP @ 7300 rpm / 532.2 ft-lb @ 6300 rpm
Weight: 1175 kg
Performance Points: 615pp
Tires: CH

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)
Edited 28/10
Ride Height:Front: 70 Rear: 70
Spring Rate: Front: 15.45 kg Rear: 21.85 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 3 Rear: 3
Dampers (Extension): Front: 3 Rear: 3
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 3 Rear: 3
Camber Angle (-): Front: 1.0° Rear: 1.0°
Toe Angle:Front: 0.00° Rear: 0.00°
Brakes: F: 5 R: 5

Drivetrain: Fully-Customisable Dog-Clutch Max speed 270 km/h

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Differential Edited 28/10
Initial Torque: F - R - 24
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R - 48
Braking Sensitivity: F - R - 24
Clutch & Flywheel: Standard
Propeller Shaft: Standard

Power
Oil Change: Yes
Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: Stage 3
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No
Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Downforce: F: 150 R: 300
Weight Reduction: Standard
Bonnet: Standard
Windows: Standard
Ballast: 35 kg Edited 28/10
Ballast position: -50%

Quite fast car if I may say so. Easy to control, made to drift in 4th gear. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I'm quite new to drifting, got into it because of some videos I saw and some people online on GT6. Wasn't a fan of GT5 drifting as it was nearly impossible to me but I've got the hang of it on GT6.

I will be posting some of my base tunes for drifting and with a little help from my mate @DolHaus I hope to get better and post good drfit tunes.

Let's start off with a car I really liked and used to get my top score on Suzuka

Spring Rate: Front: 16.82 kg Rear: 23.52 kg
Camber Angle (-):Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Differential
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R - 26

Power
Body
Downforce:F: 150 R: 300
Ballast: 0 kg
Ballast position: 0%

Quite fast car if I may say so. Easy to control, made to drift in 4th gear. Enjoy!
I'll give it a spin tomorrow and let you know how she dances 👍
Been looking for an excuse to buy one of these for a while :lol:

I'll give it a spin tomorrow and let you know how she dances 👍
Been looking for an excuse to buy one of these for a while :lol:

She is wiiiild. The angle you can reach with this and come out of is really impressive, I was astonished when I first got onto it, thinking it would suck since I can't really tune :embarrassed: but it came out really good, in my opinion:D

She is wiiiild. The angle you can reach with this and come out of is really impressive, I was astonished when I first got onto it, thinking it would suck since I can't really tune :embarrassed: but it came out really good, in my opinion:D
MR's can be a bit tricky at times but the numbers look about right so I'm not expecting any nasty surprises 👍
I won't be drifting for points specifically but if that's your thing then that's cool, I'll let you know how she feels from a pure driving experience based approach

MR's can be a bit tricky at times but the numbers look about right so I'm not expecting any nasty surprises 👍
I won't be drifting for points specifically but if that's your thing then that's cool, I'll let you know how she feels from a pure driving experience based approach

That'd be quite interesting. Sometimes you'll have to bring her down to 3rd gear for a tight corner and in wide ones you can go on to 6th and hold a steady drift. Shame you can't do drift practice on oval courses :lol:

That'd be quite interesting. Sometimes you'll have to bring her down to 3rd gear for a tight corner and in wide ones you can go on to 6th and hold a steady drift. Shame you can't do drift practice on oval courses :lol:
I drive auto-trans (lol noob :lol:) most of the time so I'll try that first but I can drive manual if needs be

:crazy:

You have a tuning garage, stop being an auto-noob!

I won't get into how bad automatic is for drifting, trust me I was an auto-noob too 4 years ago.
Haha I know, its a terrible habit. It works for me though, I drift for fun and set my cars up for the same purpose. :lol:
I can drive manual if I need to and its definitely more suitable for the task but I just don't enjoy it as much.

Cheers mate. If you or anyone have requests for ANY car (except the red bulls) ask ahead! I have a bmw m3 gtr drift tune coming soon
Cool man, I'll be sticking around here for a while, might be in need of a Chaser tune, my tune doesn't handle well at all. :lol:

But it's also nice to see someone local on here! Hello from Stockport!

Spring Rate: Front: 16.82 kg Rear: 23.52 kg
Camber Angle (-):Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°

Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R - 26

Power
Body
Downforce:F: 150 R: 300

Not bad at all, good once sideways but a little bit twitchy on entry. Feels like its got a bit too much grip, the front end reacts a bit too quickly to steering input and it likes to straighten up on exit. Would do well on sections as it racks up the points but is too grippy for general drifting as its hard to keep the car loose if you're not holding big angles.
I'd say it could do with some camber on both ends of the car to balance the grip levels and make it feel more natural, maybe shift a bit of weight forward and lower the spring rates/damper compression slightly to give the chassis a bit more movement. The diff felt fine but I'd perhaps look at raising the Accel to help prevent the car gripping on exit.

7.5/10 Nearly there but needs a bit of polishing, good job 👍

Not bad at all, good once sideways but a little bit twitchy on entry. Feels like its got a bit too much grip, the front end reacts a bit too quickly to steering input and it likes to straighten up on exit. Would do well on sections as it racks up the points but is too grippy for general drifting as its hard to keep the car loose if you're not holding big angles.
I'd say it could do with some camber on both ends of the car to balance the grip levels and make it feel more natural, maybe shift a bit of weight forward and lower the spring rates/damper compression slightly to give the chassis a bit more movement. The diff felt fine but I'd perhaps look at raising the Accel to help prevent the car gripping on exit.

7.5/10 Nearly there but needs a bit of polishing, good job 👍

Thanks for trying it out. How much of each thing you named would you change? I don't like camber on cars but I guess that it does affect the grip of it :lol: You reckon I should add some ballast on the front end of the car? How many kg would you add?

Thanks for trying it out. How much of each thing you named would you change? I don't like camber on cars but I guess that it does affect the grip of it :lol: You reckon I should add some ballast on the front end of the car? How many kg would you add?
I generally uses the weight distribution as a guide, slide the position all the way to the left and then add enough ballast to alter the distribution. Try altering it 1% at a time and note what effect it has.
Work in a similar fashion with the spring rates, drop 2kg at a time until you find a good range then reduce the amount you are altering it to 1kg then 0.5kg.
With camber its just trial and error, start with equal amounts front and rear then alter them individually and note the effects of doing so. I'd be looking for the point where the car starts to skate and then wind it back a bit. The chassis just has too much grip at the moment, the rear needs a little less grip and the front needs a larger grip reduction to make it more manageable and less twitchy near the limit. 👍

I generally uses the weight distribution as a guide, slide the position all the way to the left and then add enough ballast to alter the distribution. Try altering it 1% at a time and note what effect it has.
Work in a similar fashion with the spring rates, drop 2kg at a time until you find a good range then reduce the amount you are altering it to 1kg then 0.5kg.
With camber its just trial and error, start with equal amounts front and rear then alter them individually and note the effects of doing so. I'd be looking for the point where the car starts to skate and then wind it back a bit. The chassis just has too much grip at the moment, the rear needs a little less grip and the front needs a larger grip reduction to make it more manageable and less twitchy near the limit. 👍

Been messing with the camber for it and I can't get it right, either the front end loses all grip or it has too much, tried changing it tiny tiny bits and it doesn't seem to show a difference. Thoughts?

Edit: Front camber 2.4 Rear camber 0.5 . Seemed to work pretty good. Ballast is 50% left and 103 kg

Been messing with the camber for it and I can't get it right, either the front end loses all grip or it has too much, tried changing it tiny tiny bits and it doesn't seem to show a difference. Thoughts?

Edit: Front camber 2.4 Rear camber 0.5 . Seemed to work pretty good. Ballast is 50% left and 103 kg

I'll give it a look 👍

Camber can be tricky, I only use it if nothing else is getting the effect I'm after but it can make a big difference when you get it right. I will have a play and see what I can come up with

I'll give it a look 👍

Camber can be tricky, I only use it if nothing else is getting the effect I'm after but it can make a big difference when you get it right. I will have a play and see what I can come up with

Cheers mate. I'll go back to working on the BMW M3 GT2

Spring rates - 15.45/21.85
Camber - 1.0/1.0

LSD- 24/48/24

ballast - 35kg @ -50 (47:53)

Edited all these last night before going to bed and now I checked them with your and they were really close :D

Edit: Tried these, did ONE lap around Suzuka and I beat my highest score with this car. Beastly now, cheers mate!

Last edited:
SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_4_zpse91ceab5.jpg

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_2_zps3c2c4460.jpg

Ferrari 599 '06

Power: 720 BHP @ 8000 rpm / 493.9 ft-lb @ 6000 rpm
Weight: 1300 kg
Performance Points: 581pp

Ride Height:Front: 90 Rear: 90
Spring Rate: Front: 6.10 kg Rear: 8.45 kg
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°

Drivetrain: Fully-Customisable Dog-Clutch Max speed 330 km/h

Initial Torque:
F - R - 17
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R - 42
Braking Sensitivity: F - R - 16
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power
Engine Tuning: Standard
Exhaust: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric

Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage: None

Body

Downforce: F: 0 R: 5 (Added wing for looks)
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon - Body color
Windows: Window weight reduction
Ballast: 36 kg

Still working on the BMW M3 GT2, been struggling with this one for 2 days so far 🤬

If I ever make a change on a tune it will appear as "Edited" followed by the date it was edited and what is edited will be underlined so it's easier for everyone to understand.

Edited 28/10
Spring Rate: Front: 15.45 kg Rear: 21.85 kg
Camber Angle (-): Front: 1.0° Rear: 1.0°

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Differential Edited 28/10
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R - 48

Power
Body
Ballast: 35 kg Edited 28/10

Hi m8 thanks 4 the tune
I'll give it a look 👍

Hi m8 i tried youre tune for the Garaiya on Grand valley ,after i made a few changes to it I could do 40k basicly in 1 non stop drift around the track ,here is what I changed (suspension) ride height front 75 rear 70

Gearbox default ,topspeed set at 230km\u , diff set at 5,60,60 and ballast 40kg at -50

Give it a try :) cheers .

Hi m8 thanks 4 the tune

Hi m8 i tried youre tune for the Garaiya on Grand valley ,after i made a few changes to it I could do 40k basicly in 1 non stop drift around the track ,here is what I changed (suspension) ride height front 75 rear 70

Gearbox default ,topspeed set at 230km\u , diff set at 5,60,60 and ballast 40kg at -50

Give it a try :) cheers .

Thanks for trying these out! I'll try what you're saying later today. Thanks for the feedback :cheers:

Suzuka%20Circuit%20East%20Course_zps1bbihd6u.jpg

Suzuka%20Circuit%20East%20Course_1_zpsi8eznlny.jpg

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

Power: 696 BHP @ 8100 rpm / 466.1 ft-lb @ 7600 rpm
Weight: 975 kg
Performance Points: 622 PP

Ride Height:Front: 60 Rear: 60
Spring Rate: Front: 13.10 kg Rear: 13.91 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 4 Rear: 4
Dampers (Extension): Front: 4 Rear: 4
Camber Angle (-): Front: 1.0° Rear: 2.0°
Toe Angle:Front: -0.04° Rear: 0.12°

Drivetrain: Fully-Customisable Dog-Clutch Max speed 300 km/h

Initial Torque:
F - R - 25
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R - 27
Braking Sensitivity: F - R - 20

Power

Intake Tuning: No
Turbo Kit: Stage: High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Body

Hey Monster looks like an awesome thread. The cars are awesome and the pics. I have to say what you are doing is stellar, I like what you are doing which is contributing to the wider community to help a lot of people who wouldn't have a clue how to do a set-up for drifting. I for one wouldn't know how. I can't drift for the life of me. Anyway nice job man and keep up the good work :) 👍:cheers:

Suzuka%20Circuit%20East%20Course_zps1bbihd6u.jpg

Suzuka%20Circuit%20East%20Course_1_zpsi8eznlny.jpg

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

Power: 696 BHP @ 8100 rpm / 466.1 ft-lb @ 7600 rpm
Weight: 975 kg
Performance Points: 622 PP

Ride Height:Front: 60 Rear: 60
Spring Rate: Front: 13.10 kg Rear: 13.91 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 4 Rear: 4
Dampers (Extension): Front: 4 Rear: 4
Camber Angle (-): Front: 1.0° Rear: 2.0°
Toe Angle:Front: -0.04° Rear: 0.12°

Drivetrain: Fully-Customisable Dog-Clutch Max speed 300 km/h

Initial Torque:
F - R - 25
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R - 27
Braking Sensitivity: F - R - 20

Power

Intake Tuning: No
Turbo Kit: Stage: High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Body

Verdict:
Not much tuning has been done to it so I can't comment on that, feels quite similar to the standard car but that's not a bad thing. The car can be a bit twitchy and needs constant attention but it will do everything you ask of it and not bite your head off if you get it wrong. Good fun if you've got the track to yourself but I can see myself struggling with it when trying to tandem 👍

Verdict:
Not much tuning has been done to it so I can't comment on that, feels quite similar to the standard car but that's not a bad thing. The car can be a bit twitchy and needs constant attention but it will do everything you ask of it and not bite your head off if you get it wrong. Good fun if you've got the track to yourself but I can see myself struggling with it when trying to tandem 👍

Jesus. Don't you get a headache drifting like that? Just hoping the car is in a suitable gear for the corner? And the sound of the 'great' engine on Gran turismo at max RPMs? You enjoy Auto Trans but you can use manual Trans aswell.... Sounds logical. I guess it's just a habit because it's obviously not helping you one bit haha

Verdict:

Thanks for the feedback mate, really appreciate it :cheers: . It's meant to be used with manual trans where you can control it a bit easier but I know you aren't about that life :lol: . I'm more of a lap drifter rather than a tandem one so most of the stuff I make is to have a clean nice lap around a track and not drive door-to-door with someone else behind you or vice versa. Thank you anyway for taking the time to look at it 👍

Back