Monthly 200 km Gr.3 race - Back soon!

I have done a few laps there during the Daily race back in july or whatever. I think the track is fun, last part is definitely the most challenging for me. Only 19 laps btw, I messed up and calculated wrong.

Haha, ive never raced against that flag before, lol :) Do you have Icelandic ancestors or just random Euro account?

I like Iceland, and figured it would be a good obscure flag to race under in European sport mode. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an actual Icelandic player either.

Very obscure indeed :cheers: Anyway, if anyone has some friends that might be interested in joining, by all means let them know about the race.

I hope we will see close to a full grid in the future

Hey guys, I'll try to make it Saturday, but as of now I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I think I'm going to be tearing down the motor in a buddy's truck. I'll do my best to make it, but don't wait up for me. Good luck everyone! Unfortunately, stuff like this happens when you work in auto repair and your friends are idiots :lol:

@Venster you can use my 911 if you want. The more I'm learning about my "project" this weekend, the more likely it is that I will not be able to make it

@Venster, @Rinsky is currently using that car, wanna pick another?

Didnt realise that should of looked back through the thread. I should say I’m potentially out for the evening on Saturday but hoping to back in time but just a warning I could be too late back.

@Venster you can use my 911 if you want. The more I'm learning about my "project" this weekend, the more likely it is that I will not be able to make it

I might take you up on that, perhaps I could just borrow 911 till your back.

I’m not too fussed will use the Aston if I have too, it’s a decent car just I personally find it a little mundane.

I’m not too fussed will use the Aston if I have too, it’s a decent car just I personally find it a little mundane.
Feel free to man. No skin off my back lol. I used the Astons for the official FIA seasons so I know what you mean. It did me REALLY well at Toyko East Outer though

Friends only Practice Session is now open, guys

Add me on PSN if you haven't done so yet. WhiteFlight1

Closed for now. Thanks T5Black :)

Last edited:
Didnt realise that should of looked back through the thread. I should say I’m potentially out for the evening on Saturday but hoping to back in time but just a warning I could be too late back.

If you think you will be more competitive here in the FT-1 then I will drive the Porsche and you can drive the FT-1 in this race. I like the FT-1 better but I'm starting in the back regardless of what I'm driving because I just don't spend much time in anything Gr.3 or up.

So it doesn't matter to me what car I'm driving tomorrow.

If you think you will be more competitive here in the FT-1 then I will drive the Porsche and you can drive the FT-1 in this race. I like the FT-1 better but I'm starting in the back regardless of what I'm driving because I just don't spend much time in anything Gr.3 or up.

So it doesn't matter to me what car I'm driving tomorrow.

The Porsche is the dominant car pretty much everywhere with the current BOP

The Porsche is the dominant car pretty much everywhere with the current BOP

Yet I'm faster in the FT-1. To me the Gr.3 Porsche is horrible under braking and likes to lose grip and slide the front end. The FT-1 has great power & braking and it's very stable.

Now I haven't driven the Porsche in awhile so I had no idea it's now become the car to beat. I used Porsche in last seasons FIA and it wasn't the go to car then so it looks like I might need to start practicing again with it if things have changed so much seeing as I'm running Porsche again in the 2019 season.

Yet I'm faster in the FT-1. To me the Gr.3 Porsche is horrible under braking and likes to lose grip and slide the front end. The FT-1 has great power & braking and it's very stable.

Now I haven't driven the Porsche in awhile so I had no idea it's now become the car to beat. I used Porsche in last seasons FIA and it wasn't the go to car then so it looks like I might need to start practicing again with it if things have changed so much seeing as I'm running Porsche again in the 2019 season.

It was the car to beat for most of the first 6 months the game was out, then kind of got neutered through the summer and now since they changed the tire model and brought a few other cars back down it’s back on top again. It’s not the best in straight line speed, but it both handles great and is good on tires and fuel. I still don’t like it though and can’t get a handle on it. I agree with you on its characterics. It always understeers, until it doesn’t.

I’m using the FT1 in FIA right now, it does handle well other than it has a ton of wheel spin when you get on the throttle (the Supra has the same problem), so it’s easy to snap loose or spin out off of corners. I had to use TC1 with it at Bathurst, which I usually try not to use.

I don’t know how you always use Porsche, they’re two of the least automatic-friendly cars in the game, especially the Cayman.

It was the car to beat for most of the first 6 months the game was out, then kind of got neutered through the summer and now since they changed the tire model and brought a few other cars back down it’s back on top again. It’s not the best in straight line speed, but it both handles great and is good on tires and fuel. I still don’t like it though and can’t get a handle on it. I agree with you on its characterics. It always understeers, until it doesn’t.

I’m using the FT1 in FIA right now, it does handle well other than it has a ton of wheel spin when you get on the throttle (the Supra has the same problem), so it’s easy to snap loose or spin out off of corners. I had to use TC1 with it at Bathurst, which I usually try not to use.

I don’t know how you always use Porsche, they’re two of the least automatic-friendly cars in the game, especially the Cayman.

Both the cayman and the 911 are probably the strongest pair in fia now. They both lack top end but both make up for it in cornering speed and race pace, I agree though I find the 911s grip completely unpredictable. It’s rear is planted one second and for no apparent reason it’s gone.

The 911 isnt that great on fuel as you need to rev it out to get the most out of it, I’m not sure the Porsche is OP from just it’s power and weight, (maybe needs 1 or 2% weight) it’s race pace is so dominant.

@Rinsky I really don’t mind what I drive, I don’t know the track haven’t run any laps yet. Completely your call, I want to try the FT-1 for different reasons but if you want it you had it so it’s all good.

I use to be fast with the Cayman before the tire model changed. I really had trail braking down with that car before then.
I like the way it drives as it fits my driving style perfectly or at least it once did. I still like the car but the days of being competitive in it are over.
It's slow at high speeds, it's slow as an automatic and now it handles so much worse than it once did. But I absolutely hate any car with understeer and that's why I still use the Cayman.

Both the cayman and the 911 are probably the strongest pair in fia now. They both lack top end but both make up for it in cornering speed and race pace, I agree though I find the 911s grip completely unpredictable. It’s rear is planted one second and for no apparent reason it’s gone.

The 911 isnt that great on fuel as you need to rev it out to get the most out of it, I’m not sure the Porsche is OP from just it’s power and weight, (maybe needs 1 or 2% weight) it’s race pace is so dominant.

@Rinsky I really don’t mind what I drive, I don’t know the track haven’t run any laps yet. Completely your call, I want to try the FT-1 for different reasons but if you want it you had it so it’s all good.

If the Toyota Supra is still available then you can have the FT-1
I don't see it listed as someone having it and I liked it just as much as the FT-1 but Infineon was going to take the Supra but for some reason he didn't.

I have next to no experience with the 911. And when I did drive it, I didn't really "feel" it. Hard to describe exactly what I don't love about it.

Back