Monthly Photo Comp - Month 107- Open Theme

  • Thread starter Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 679 comments
  • 58,656 views
The theme for week 89 as chosen by week 87 winner, @Swagger897, is: Wildlife. Doesn't have to be actually in the wild, just not domesticated.

This will close at 23:59 GMT Wednesday 9th March 2016.

I'll be shooting street at 3am in Shoreditch after the bars close then.
 
@F1GTR, aiming for something like that picture from the NYE celebrations in Manchester :lol:?
 
Ha, I knew this was going to be interesting. Better than the other ideas I came up with though.
 
Hmm wildlife eh.
Suppose I could get a shot of a kangaroo or koala time permitting although they aren't that interesting. Other option is birds.

What about bugs, do they count?
 
NUDGE

I don't have anything to submit, but it looks like the theme ended 16 days ago.
 
I think some open theme weeks are needed to breathe life into this again. Narrow themes = risk of tumbleweeds.
 
Shoot, I thought I'd only left this open by a week too long. Apologies. I'm on break from uni now, which had been incredibly hectic before this past week, so will start an open theme shortly.
 
Yeah, I'll take the fame on the win, but as far as picking subjects.... no no no, please, let someone much, much more qualified to do it. Hell, I thought I'd be able to manager something, but that never panned out.
 
Right, my aim at being more punctual with this has failed pretty quickly :lol:. So the next round which starts today and will run until April 6th 23:59 BST will have an open theme. Week 88 winner @Roo will chose the theme of round 91 which will follow this.
 
Final Entry



Bridgewater Turbines

Nikon D7200 - 50mm - f/7.1 - 1/400 - ISO 100
​
 
Final entry:

Eurotech BTCC Civic
Canon 60D - 200mm - f/4 - 1/250 - ISO 100
22/3/16​
 
Last edited:
Final Entry



Blue Shirt Blue Jeans
Sony a7ii - Nikon 85mm 1.4
April 03, 2016​
 
Motorbase?
That was 100% meant to say Eurotech. Must have been looking at a picture of the Focuses (Foci?) on flickr as I typed that.
 
Final Entry


Descent II

Sony a7 ~ Voigtlander Nokton 40mm F/1.4 S.C
March 22, 2016
​
 
-Entries will accepted until 11:59pm (BST) Wednesday 6th April 2016.
-All entries must have been taken within the last 6 months.
-Subject, Date and Camera used...
Final Entry

segeltorp_zpsb5prcd5s.jpg~original


Segeltorp
Samsung - October, 2015
​
Nice competition, Solo. I hope I'm doing this right because I've never submitted before.
I took this photo at a gas station and it was just on a spur of the moment really,
captured with what I had at the time.
I thought the evening sky looked so warm, calm and welcoming. No enhancement
work is done on the photo. It has only been cropped.

Segeltorp
​
direction.jpg
 
Crap. I dont get home till tomorrow..
 
If still open, I'll put something up tonight.
 
Final Entry

IMG_5471.jpg


"GTO"

Canon EOS REBEL T2i : 75.0 mm ƒ/16 1/100

February 13th 2016​
 
Last edited:
Final Entry
Week 90 - Open




Various Complexities
March 19, 2016
Canon 7D Mark II - Canon EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
f/3.5 - 1/30 - ISO 3200
​
 
Leaving this open until I receive a new theme from @Roo.
 
New theme is in the hands of our illustrious leader, but as I only sent it this morning he's probably not seen it yet, so I'm sneaking this in.



Overkill
9th April 2016
Nikkon D7000 - Nikkor 70-200mm VRII f/2.8
f/7.1 - 1/50 - ISO 100​
 
Better late than never but the new theme will start tonight and run for a fortnight. Midweek is becoming incredibly busy for me at the moment so I'm going to move the themes back to closing at the weekends. Would Saturday at midnight or Sunday at midnight (my time in both cases) be preferable?

The theme for week 91 as chosen by week 88 winner, @Roo, is:
Weather. Anything to do with the conditions outside, dull or extreme.

This will close at 23:59 BST on either Saturday 23rd April or Sunday 24th April depending on group preference as outlined above.
 
I vote Sundays. Makes all the difference to me.
 
Back