Monthly Photo Comp - Month 107- Open Theme

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 679 comments
About the lack of participation, I wonder if it is the theme or the time of the year.

I, too, was hoping to post something up, but it turned out to be impossible.

For me it was the theme :embarrassed:. I am a bit cynical about the Xmas period so wasn't inclined to capture it....

I took a few snaps of our sorry excuse for a christmas tree before I gave up and took to the street, but after a few blocks I realized nobody in our neighborhood really does much with lights and decorations so I didn't really get anything worth posting.

I am a bit cynical about the Xmas period so wasn't inclined to capture it....
I am too, to be honest - not even a Christmas tree in our house.

Still, I thought all the lights and decorations would make for some nice subjects.

Sorry, guys. :dopey:

20141220_191312.jpg
Big ass Christmas tree
Universal Studios, Orlando, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S5
ISO 200, f/2.2, 1/15 sec.​

Question for you mate; approximately what f-stop what the above at?

You've got enough DOF to have the subject in focus but a large enough aperture to soften things quickly.

Question for you mate; approximately what f-stop what the above at?
Tss, tss... By now you should know that all my lenses are stuck at wide open, mate. :D

EDIT:

To complete my answer, I think that the resizing of the image (and its small size) is what makes it look like there's "enough DOF to have the subject in focus".

Last edited:
Just the theme we need to get some more entries and the theme I would have chosen in the rare event of me actually winning!

FINAL
IMG_5462_GTP.jpg

Canon 600D on a tripod
Canon 50mm f/1.8 @ 50mm f/1.8
ISO 400
1/80th

This picture was taken inside the "denkmall"a memorial for the holocaust in Berlin it is made of concrete blocks all of different height. I wanted to try focusstacking in a different way.
I used the first picture to focus on the raindrops in the fore ground than I made a second picture focusing on my girlfriend who wore a red coat which gave an amazing contrast in colours.

edit: Pic is now 700px wide

Last edited:

Final Entry

Mitsubishi
Nikon D800E
14/12/14

Only thing I have shot for the last few weeks was something for the paper. The blistering 3cyl N/A Mitsubishi Mirage sedan with a CVT auto. Was a handful for sure.​

Final

Frank Hamilton - Crikey, it's Christmas 20th December 2014.
Canon 60D - 50mm - F/1.4 - 1/1600 - ISO 1000​

Back