Monthly Photo Comp - Month 107- Open Theme

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 679 comments
I just realized I went to an Ice sculpture festival with all different colored lighting. Since I'm very busy this week I'll use this one.

Final entry

gnome.jpg

canon 600D - 50mm f/1.8 lens @50mm f/1.8 - 1/125 - ISO 1600
Gnome icesculpture​

Apologies for my delay in getting this and the next poll up. The time for week 66, as chosen by @35mm, will be:
Urban vs Nature
Basically, shots of vegetation/trees in a urban environment.
This will close on March 11th.

You shall not pass
Feb 8, 2015
Canon T1i / ISO100 / f/4.5 / 1/800sec.​

Come on, guys! This is entirely too open ended a category to only have 3 shots!

Get posting!

I hate to be a nitpicker but TB's and the most recent entry don't really fit the theme, do they? I would consider those more rural shots but I suppose not everyone lives in an urban area so it would be hard for them to come up with an entry.

I really shouldn't be complaining as I haven't even entered anything yet. :P

I hate to be a nitpicker but TB's and the most recent entry don't really fit the theme, do they? I would consider those more rural shots but I suppose not everyone lives in an urban area so it would be hard for them to come up with an entry.
I understand your point and at the beginning I also felt the same, but if you just focus on the theme name (Urban vs Nature) you can easily interpret it as "Man-made vs Nature", so those entries are perfectly fine for me.

Even more so when we have so little participants and, as you point out, not every theme is easily accessed by everyone.

I really shouldn't be complaining as I haven't even entered anything yet. :P
And you must do something about this as well. :D

Final Entry
Week 66 - Urban vs Nature

The Quad
March 8, 2015
Canon 7D Mark II - Canon 18-135mm IS
f/4.5 - 1/250 - ISO 100

Last edited:
This looks like a challenge! I really hope it doesn't scare anyone off, I look forward to seeing everyone's outcomes for this!

👍

I had some ideas, but not enough time - just as well, it would have involved coffee and Shaolin's is much better then I had in mind! Will be voting for sure 👍.

Arrrgh I am working on something for this! Give us an hour to two

Edit: I might need until tomorrow to get something in, if I'm allowed... :/

Last edited:
Back