Monthly Photo Comp - Month 107- Open Theme

  • Thread starter Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 679 comments
  • 58,703 views
I just realized I went to an Ice sculpture festival with all different colored lighting. Since I'm very busy this week I'll use this one.

Final entry

gnome.jpg

canon 600D - 50mm f/1.8 lens @50mm f/1.8 - 1/125 - ISO 1600
Gnome icesculpture​
 


Cinnamon Imperials
2.16.2015
Canon T1i / ISO400 / f/22 / 1/5 sec.
extension rings used / no flash​
 
Well, this is probably the reddest thing I'll shoot this month, so here's my entry:

3BN7Jdg.jpg

Daks London AW15 @ London Fashion Week
Canon 5D Mark III / ISO3200 / Canon 70-300L​
 

Scale

Canon EOS M ~ Rokinon 12mm F/2
1/800s ~ F/5.6(?) ~ ISO-100
February 10, 2015 ~ Agra, India
​
 
Car
Once again :)

Final Entry

16010519364_bab3404614_z.jpg



Range Rover Sport

February 17, 2015
Sony SLT-A77 SAL16-50mm F2.8 SSM
28.0 mm
ƒ/3.5 - 4 ISO200
​
 
Apologies for my delay in getting this and the next poll up. The time for week 66, as chosen by @35mm, will be:
Urban vs Nature
Basically, shots of vegetation/trees in a urban environment.
This will close on March 11th.
 
FINAL ENTRY



United as one

12/02/2015

Sony A7 | Nikkor Ai 20mm f/3.5
​
 


You shall not pass
Feb 8, 2015
Canon T1i / ISO100 / f/4.5 / 1/800sec.​
 
Come on, guys! This is entirely too open ended a category to only have 3 shots!

Get posting!
 
WP_20150203_002.jpg


Cold Flare

February 3rd, 2015

HTC 8X | f/2.0 , ISO-101 , Exp. 1/10.000​
 
I hate to be a nitpicker but TB's and the most recent entry don't really fit the theme, do they? I would consider those more rural shots but I suppose not everyone lives in an urban area so it would be hard for them to come up with an entry.

I really shouldn't be complaining as I haven't even entered anything yet. :p
 
I hate to be a nitpicker but TB's and the most recent entry don't really fit the theme, do they? I would consider those more rural shots but I suppose not everyone lives in an urban area so it would be hard for them to come up with an entry.
I understand your point and at the beginning I also felt the same, but if you just focus on the theme name (Urban vs Nature) you can easily interpret it as "Man-made vs Nature", so those entries are perfectly fine for me.

Even more so when we have so little participants and, as you point out, not every theme is easily accessed by everyone.

I really shouldn't be complaining as I haven't even entered anything yet. :p
And you must do something about this as well. :D
 
Final Entry
Week 66 - Urban vs Nature



The Quad
March 8, 2015
Canon 7D Mark II - Canon 18-135mm IS
f/4.5 - 1/250 - ISO 100
​
 
Last edited:
This looks like a challenge! I really hope it doesn't scare anyone off, I look forward to seeing everyone's outcomes for this!

👍
 
I'm in. Will get chance tomorrow or Sunday.
 
I look forward to seeing everyone's outcomes for this!
Agreed.

I have a few ideas but as usual, my execution will undoubtedly leave something to be desired. :lol:
 
FINAL ENTRY

QvACFqQ.jpg


(Architecture + Humans + Trees) x 2

15/03/2015

Sony A7 | Voigtländer Nokton 40mm f/1.4
​
 
Last edited:
Final Entry



Coffee

March 25, 2015

Sony SLT-A77 SAL16-50mm F2.8 SSM
50mm
ƒ/2.8 ISO200
​
 
I had some ideas, but not enough time - just as well, it would have involved coffee and Shaolin's is much better then I had in mind! Will be voting for sure 👍.
 
Arrrgh I am working on something for this! Give us an hour to two


Edit: I might need until tomorrow to get something in, if I'm allowed... :/
 
Last edited:
I could use a day as well; just got back to the states and unpacking still.
 
Shoot, yeah I've got a few potential entries I just haven't gotten around to it.
 
Same here i need anotherday
 
I'll leave this open until I get the theme for the next week. @Boffin it's over to you :p.
 
Back