(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
June it's going to be the Mazda 787B at Highlands (regular layout):

qVlCTHh.jpg

Tyres are soft slicks, track conditions: optimum, track temp 26c

Just post a screenshot of your best time and good luck in taming the beast!

current standings:

Fastest time so far by: HammyMansell: 2:02:841
2nd: Will27: 2:03.922
3rd: PzR Slim: 2:04.879
4th: BrainsBush: 2:06:890
5th: mister dog: 2:08:518
6th: Whitestar: 2:09:836

Last edited:
Hall-of-Fame%202.jpg

September winner Yellowbird @ VIR full course: Harry6784
results:
1: Harry6784 1:59.246
2: Wiz 1:59:765
3: brian wolf 2:02.084
4: Johnnypenso 2:02:209
5: mister dog 2:02.229

TjWtMcq.jpg

October winner Lotus 72D @ Zandvoort: Harry6784
results:

1st: Harry6784: 1:36:130
2nd: Johnnypenso: 1:36:831
3rd: Wiz: 1:37:813
4th: RoccoTTS: 1:38.883
5th: mister dog: 1:38:914
6th: brian wolf: 1:40:391
7th: 35mm: 1:41:190
8th: BrandonW77: 1:41:320

lotus_72d_2__film_series__by_laffonte-d624qe2.jpg

November/ December winner Porsche 917-30 @ Silverstone '67: carracerptp
results:

1st: carracerptp: 1:16:837
2nd: Harry6784: 1:17:341
3rd: Johhnypenso: 1:17:831
4th: svenvangent: 1:18:926
5th: brian wolf: 1:20:267
6th: mister dog: 1:20:281
7th: Sureboss: 1:21:498
8th: Whitestar: 1:21:732

hVJwYOJ.jpg

January winner Ford GT40 @ Monza '66 full course: carracerptp
results:

1: carracerptp: 2:25:968
2: Harry6784: 2:25.992
3: PzR Slim: 2:29:386
4: pretend racer: 2:29.417
5: Sureboss: 2:29:743
6: mister dog: 2:30:337
7: 35mm: 2:30:626
8: Football67611: 2:31:871
9: ProjectWHaT: 2:32:827

AQ98WUX.jpg

February winner Ferrari 312T @ Imola: Will27
results:

1: Will27: 1:41:145
2: GregTheStig: 1:42:254
3: pretend racer: 1:43.524
4: Gravitron: 1:43:944
5: mister dog: 1:44:400
6: 35mm: 1:44:523

5lvdQn5.jpg

March/April winner Abarth 595 s2 @ Magione: Will27
results:

1: Will27: 1:39:020
2: Accro2008: 1:39:690
3: FaBAC: 1:40:118
4: mister dog: 1:42:668
5: Nelson Medway: 1:44:185
6: LaughingGravy: 1:44.721

jORvUfa.jpg

Last edited:
I`m in! The YB is real fun drive(although mine will be green and mostly sideways!) VIR is downloading as i type this. I`m glad I have a month to learn the track. I don`t know much about it. I did catch the end of the IMSA race the other day. It looks like a great track for just losing an afternoon just hooning around. 👍

I`m in! The YB is real fun drive(although mine will be green and mostly sideways!) VIR is downloading as i type this. I`m glad I have a month to learn the track. I don`t know much about it. I did catch the end of the IMSA race the other day. It looks like a great track for just losing an afternoon just hooning around. 👍
That was how i spend last night basically :D
It's a fun challenge getting a clean lap in, on default settings the Yellowbird really handles like it did in that famous Nordshleiffe video. Really easy to maintain a proper slide and drift through the corners.

VIR is a great track, i know it already from AMS.
Yesterday my best was a 2:08 i believe which should be easy enough to beat as i didn't drive on the edge yet.
Will try and post a video of one of my laps as i figured out how shadowplay works now :)

That was how i spend last night basically :D
It's a fun challenge getting a clean lap in, on default settings the Yellowbird really handles like it did in that famous Nordshleiffe video. Really easy to maintain a proper slide and drift through the corners.

VIR is a great track, i know it already from AMS.
Yesterday my best was a 2:08 i believe which should be easy enough to beat as i didn't drive on the edge yet.
Will try and post a video of one of my laps as i figured out how shadowplay works now :)
On the street 90s tyres and 80% boost the YB is one of the most fun cars in AC!:lol:

With semi slicks and some proper hot lap conditions I`m at 2:03.877. I can`t get the f12 screenshot to work. So when I work that one out I will post one.👍

Still learning the track and had a go last night. It's a brilliant piece of work and the YB is an unruly beast around here. I couldn't get screenshot to work for me either. Can't seem to upload a photo properly either:mad::mad: 2:02.209

Attachments

• 20160909_232847.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
timetrial.jpg

I can take a screenshot on track, but not in the launcher any more.:mad: So, its print screen and paste into paint for me now! :)

Loads more time to find. I hope to get under 2 mins by the end.

100% boost! But, I might try 90% if I can`t tune out some of the oversteer. I`m sure I`m loosing time going sideways. :dopey:
Cheers i put it on 80 so might see if i can release the tiger from it's cage completely.

Edit: lap with trackside cams. Notice how dirty i managed to get that YB due to some 'excursions':

Last edited:
Oh man...I just found this thread. I should have access to a steering wheel either by the weekend or mid next week. I'll have to give this combo a go. Gosh, the Yellowbird must be an animal on this track. Everybody, please keep providing tips! Like, the 80% level of the turbochargers. 80% should keep me somewhere near the track at all times... :lol:

Were the track conditions in the OP always on optimum? I could swear it said green when you first posted.:nervous:

Were the track conditions in the OP always on optimum? I could swear it said green when you first posted.:nervous:
Eagle eyes mister Penso! Yes indeed I changed that in the first hours as there's no way for me to check it when people post a screen. So best conditions apply for all.

Eagle eyes mister Penso! Yes indeed I changed that in the first hours as there's no way for me to check it when people post a screen. So best conditions apply for all.
I used the green track for my run:lol:. Will try and put in some more laps:D

I would have been almost a second faster than this, if it weren't for the USB cable of my shifter getting disconnected 200 meters from the finish line ! :banghead:

Anyhow i find another second:

CgmieIU.jpg

I don`t know much about this track so I have doing a little homework. Came up with these that may be usefull......
http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2012/09/VIRtrackguide.html

and

I`m gonna get more track time this afternoon. Hopefully I will have some progress to report!

Oh, man...You are awesome! I have been hearing about VIR for years, but I didn't know squat about the layout. I haven't been able to spend much time on it because of my broken wheel situation, but in the time I have been on the track I have absolutely loved it. A track guide is going to be very helpful. Thanks for sharing the links...

Car & Driver does an annual feature on the VIR Grand West layout called Lightning Laps. Check out this link for a huge list of laptimes C&D recorded over the years (2006-2016):
http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...results-historical-lap-times-and-more-feature

Oh, man...You are awesome!
No probs! I`ve found the info really useful so its only proper to share! 👍 Anyway, knowing the line is one thing......driving the line is another thing entirely! :lol:
tt.jpg

I made some more progress this afternoon.👍 I`m still not using enough of the track or carrying enough speed into most of the corners though! 👎

I`ve attached my tune. It may be a bit safe for the quick guys. But, it has made it easier for me to get clean laps on the board!

Attachments

• vir tt.zip
    438 bytes · Views: 15
Nice one Brian, with that JohnnyP dropped to 3rd and things turned to normal again at the back (with me there) :P
I think Wiz deserves a challenge so i'm inviting one of the other forum aliens i know of: @Saidur_Ali feel like giving this combo a go? :D

Nice one Brian, with that JohnnyP dropped to 3rd and things turned to normal again at the back (with me there) :P
I think Wiz deserves a challenge so i'm inviting one of the other forum aliens i know of: @Saidur_Ali feel like giving this combo a go? :D
I think JohnnyP has more than enough pace to get current first place. I'm getting too old for this, he can do the honours while I sit back and relax in a different Yellow car.

Cranky_Kong_and_Wrinkely_Kong.png

Too old to hotlap, that's a new one. :D
I guess you're right though, our Canadian toilet prince could probably pull it off on a good day.

Too old to hotlap, that's a new one. :D
I guess you're right though, our Canadian toilet prince could probably pull it off on a good day.
It's a thing, did you watch the Belgian GP drivers press conference?:

To be honest, I'm a bit bored of racing games and gaming in general. Might take a long break and hopefully it will be more exciting again, a bit like Jenson. It's more exciting for me to see current battle. *Grabs popcorn.*

You flushed a whole session down the drain for the Prince by making him drive on a green track like Stefan. Wonder if he will have enough reserves in the tank to answer Harry.

Back