Monthly TT challenge: PS4/XB1/ PC: Mazda 787b @ Highlands

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 226 comments
Apparently you are faster when you don't use 180 degrees of rotation in an F1 car:lol::

2DDTQdCzw7YDhFYp9z78bM0nFfesfUIyyNBWaTHmQRNTYjzespHhHSMbw_v8dREpocBaZMwfwGWcQb7V_wzFy-yOLnbPmOoMpxFS3OYEMoCh45isQ0uQ1EMA-VaAUEWbOWPoJeyBlLS9V1WYDrtNekAO1H1zgdAgvjSe7bpOxJqCz3ZOOMLKsl8wfY3WxkDxa4QbWsEdYaOTS-LqpGav4OQShiMt3I6QDIVhNGMXUn7CrskC5aHl975oRxdrVR4288xtU-aPoTRn-7M4sonnVMIPeHqlLXjM6n8LZFhKQudvy0kcLoe0UMHVEZJfgWlrfZCDRDiegp_pvfUdgehYF4SAD-QWr-XPWgHyqufEGfWNnyV7vxqu332xODXbjo9_6Pk-2ajFRcTUdDjNflfM9uG_KeFmjHyh42u_9XHSg1erfO2DCAs2SPXGVWLoDVX-eph_egWGZJS_kSLpiN_WtfIgAl0jaOa9rToDoRthcKhXdxwywbUsCTw7AWQ3O2BxnoeDqZTW6FW1Xv7qYv-XdpfujNNlnbyJxz-gXj3vJFpCA3ns1MkA7xTRtfRqP_SKUi_mLeBineZCnnSGj9ZDe45ryPft6Gq9ugNWgF-Gsy8Ps1rz=w1598-h899-no

No damper yet, figured I'd save that for when I get the itch to upgrade in six months or so. :) I'll probably only get one for the brake, most reviews I've seen say it's unnecessary for the throttle and after feeling the throttle (with the default spring) I agree. And yes, even without the damper the brake pedal feels fantastic and very realistic.
That is awesome that you're enjoying them. The look fantastic. To be honest, I'm surprised they aren't a bit more expensive. I think every CS v3 pedals owner I've chatted with has said the same thing, "Don't even bother putting a damper on the gas pedal. If you really want one, only use it on the brake pedal." so I'm not surprised by your comment at all. 👍

Ugh. I still haven't done a single lap for this challenge. Hopefully I'll have use of the DFGT later today or this weekend. I just checked my STEAM stats. 9.1 hours in Assetto Corsa over the past 2 weeks. :grumpy: Heck, there used to be single days where I might log 9.1 hours. :lol: Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it's even less than 9.1 hours because I know I was doing some work in Content Manager (organizing, tagging cars & tracks). My desktop icon is actually a batch file that launches both AC & Content Manager at the same time, so if STEAM is logging how much time the game is loaded, then I'm definitely less than 9.1 hours... :banghead:

That is awesome that you're enjoying them. The look fantastic. To be honest, I'm surprised they aren't a bit more expensive. I think every CS v3 pedals owner I've chatted with has said the same thing, "Don't even bother putting a damper on the gas pedal. If you really want one, only use it on the brake pedal." so I'm not surprised by your comment at all. 👍

I drove with them a bit last night and I'm certain that I will be getting the damper for the brake pedal at some point. It feels good as is but is missing that little bit that makes it feel like a real brake pedal and the damper should make it complete. The throttle doesn't need one though, I put the stiffer spring in there and it's fine as-is. The CSPs were my last splurge for a while and for the most part my sim spending is going to be put on lockdown for the rest of the year so I won't be getting the damper for a while, but maybe Santa will bring me one in a couple months. :P

I really need to do an equipment upgrade. It will probably be a little while longer, unfortunately. Ideally, I would get the T300 & the same pedals as you, Brandon. I used to have my eyes set on a Fanatec ClubSport v2 wheel base, but I don't think I'll spend that kind of money on a wheel. I would love to, but my life is in complete shambles right now so I can't afford that any time soon. :grumpy:

zand.jpg

Ran some laps today and I`m starting to get the hang of this combo. 👍 I wont be bothering the top of the leaderboard any time soon but progress is very welcome. :)
I`ve attached my tune. It probably wont help the aliens but a softer setup has helped me over the curbs and running consistant laps. 👍

Attachments

• zandtt.zip
    587 bytes · Views: 8
fLdLBDkh.png

Sorry about the track temperature, but on the PS4 you can't control it. Just the ambient temperature (which, strangely, won't affect the asphalt temperature).

Anyway, here's my attempt.

I could maybe get to 1:40:xxx, but never below that. Not without tuning the car anyway.

Sorry about the track temperature, but on the PS4 you can't control it. Just the ambient temperature (which, strangely, won't affect the asphalt temperature).

Anyway, here's my attempt.

I could maybe get to 1:40:xxx, but never below that. Not without tuning the car anyway.
Thanks for the heads up, didn't know the option wasn't there on PS4. I figure you will automatically have the best track conditions when running in hotlap mode, so it shouldn't make a difference in the end.

Concerning this combo, there's a lot of time to be found on Zandvoort by adjusting your lines into corners. It's quite a fast and technical track and looking at my ghost, i noticed that taking corner entries differently (like for example in the Tarzan (1st) corner), you immediately gain half a second sometimes. So it's worth it to check that out 👍

Just took a gamble and set the ambient temp at 18°.
Ok. I was beginning to think there was an option available somewhere that I didn't know of.

But still it's weird, because I remember trying the Ambient temperature at 24ºC and 19ºC and the Asphalt temperature didn't change.

Ok. I was beginning to think there was an option available somewhere that I didn't know of.

But still it's weird, because I remember trying the Ambient temperature at 24ºC and 19ºC and the Asphalt temperature didn't change.
Temperatures on X1 and PS4 are also different in the same circumstances.

Concerning this combo, there's a lot of time to be found on Zandvoort by adjusting your lines into corners. It's quite a fast and technical track and looking at my ghost, i noticed that taking corner entries differently (like for example in the Tarzan (1st) corner), you immediately gain half a second sometimes. So it's worth it to check that out 👍
I remember my biggest problem was with the brakes. Somehow I'm not adapting to my new pedal set and I'm having a hard time with vintage cars.

Just to be clear, everyone's using "factory" settings, right? So, no ABS allowed?

If I'm lucky, I may have the opportunity to fire up my PS4 later in the night and give this another try.

I remember my biggest problem was with the brakes. Somehow I'm not adapting to my new pedal set and I'm having a hard time with vintage cars.

Just to be clear, everyone's using "factory" settings, right? So, no ABS allowed?

If I'm lucky, I may have the opportunity to fire up my PS4 later in the night and give this another try.
Which set is that and what is the problem if i may ask?
I have TC off and ABS on factory (so no ABS with this '72). In any case i won't put restrictions on that as mostly TC makes you a bit slower.

Which set is that and what is the problem if i may ask?
I have TC off and ABS on factory (so no ABS with this '72). In any case i won't put restrictions on that as mostly TC makes you a bit slower.
It's the pedal set of the T300RS. My original one broke the gas pedal and Thrustmaster replaced them with a brand new set.

I've only used it 3 or 4 times (and less hours than that) and I'm not used to them still. They are very different from the old ones and seem less progressive (and much harder). Maybe they have a break-in period or something.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying that. I agree with TC, but in this case I think I may be quicker with ABS.

Like I predicted, the gains were instant for me with ABS (half an hour of play).

Bz97pl4h.png

With a bit more time, I could see myself getting to mid 1:38s.

Anyway, you shouldn't consider this entry. I doesn't make sense for this car and it's not fair.

I'd love to see a real race on this circuit. For some reason, I think it's possibly the most challenging Kunos track. It just feels so strange to me - I'm not talking surface.. The layout just messes with me.

It's the pedal set of the T300RS. My original one broke the gas pedal and Thrustmaster replaced them with a brand new set.

I've only used it 3 or 4 times (and less hours than that) and I'm not used to them still. They are very different from the old ones and seem less progressive (and much harder). Maybe they have a break-in period or something.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying that. I agree with TC, but in this case I think I may be quicker with ABS.
A few weeks ago i upgraded to t3pa pedals and it's a big improvement specially with old cars like this without abs. I have so much more feel with the brake pedal.

A few weeks ago i upgraded to t3pa pedals and it's a big improvement specially with old cars like this without abs. I have so much more feel with the brake pedal.

Did you install the conical cone? I have mine set to maximum as I like a hard feel to the brakes. I'd love to get that whats it called... the fancy progressive brake mod with the two wires that is always sold out.

Did you install the conical cone? I have mine set to maximum as I like a hard feel to the brakes. I'd love to get that whats it called... the fancy progressive brake mod with the two wires that is always sold out.
Yes i did install the conical cone. i have mine set with the short travel and strong resistance. If you set it with long travel, it doesn't calibrate properly.

What a crazy beast:crazy::dopey::drool:. My tune is attached below. Not much different from stock as most of the time in this car is had by keeping it under control:lol:. Gearbox is suited to the track, added some front camber and I think I softened the front roll bar a tick or two. Boost is 100%.

1:19.427 I was on a 1:19.1 and blew it understeering out of the sweeper a few metres from the SF line:(:(:(. I think there's probably another half second there for me but I just can't put all the corners together.

Attachments

• 67 Oct 26 16 3 laps.zip
    449 bytes · Views: 11
Back