Monthly TT challenge: PS4/XB1/ PC: Mazda 787b @ Highlands

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 226 comments

121.gif

Nice one!

It's a thing, did you watch the Belgian GP drivers press conference?:
Looking down on our glorious virtual sport, what do these elitists think they are are with their 'real life'?...

ps: @brian wolf tried out your tune and it gave me half a second in no time:

MLpuwE3.jpg

cheers, hope i can break into the 2:02's this week :cheers:

Looking down on our glorious virtual sport, what do these elitists think they are are with their 'real life'?...
They're trying to play the cool act. Max is a Team Redline driver and Fernando does probably loads of laps on a simulator in some basement so doesn't get much sunlight. :lol:

The video with most views on his official YouTube just so happens to be the following one:

Embarrassingly I never ran VIR before, now it one of my favorites! Also wasn't a fan of the RUF but I noticed in VR it's MUCH easier to catch a slide or when to apply some opposite lock. I can see why people hoon these things :D

1:59.246

Great driving! That VR looks amazing. I didn't know you can put apps off to the side like you did with your lap timer app. So cool. You must feel like you're sitting in the damn car. I've seen so many demos showing off VR technology like the Oculus Rift and the Vive and so many of the games just seem stupid. For racing & flying simulators, VR is going to be big, I think, once the technology improves and the prices come down.

Oh, btw...What is that overlay you have in the upper left showing CPU/MEM and the other things..

It's a thing, did you watch the Belgian GP drivers press conference?:

Yikes. Not exactly a ringing endorsement from the real drivers about the sole F1 sanctioned PC sim. Poor Codemasters. :grumpy:

Yikes. Not exactly a ringing endorsement from the real drivers about the sole F1 sanctioned PC sim. Poor Codemasters. :grumpy:
They just want to act though. F1 2016 is a great game best since many many years.

They just want to act though. F1 2016 is a great game best since many many years.
None of those drivers are being paid by a developer, so they dismiss them. Put them on the payroll and they'll be on their with a whole different tune. None of them would even admit to playing at first then only one. They know others are getting paid, so they aint endorsing anything for free.

None of those drivers are being paid by a developer, so they dismiss them. Put them on the payroll and they'll be on their with a whole different tune. None of them would even admit to playing at first then only one. They know others are getting paid, so they aint endorsing anything for free.
Or Bernie could force them :D

Great driving! That VR looks amazing. I didn't know you can put apps off to the side like you did with your lap timer app. So cool. You must feel like you're sitting in the damn car. I've seen so many demos showing off VR technology like the Oculus Rift and the Vive and so many of the games just seem stupid. For racing & flying simulators, VR is going to be big, I think, once the technology improves and the prices come down.

Thanks! Yea VR is something else, I'd look for a tech demo near you to at least try it :D

Oh, btw...What is that overlay you have in the upper left showing CPU/MEM and the other things.

MSI Afterburner.

IIRC Lewis had a video of him playing F1 2016 at an event in Singapore on his Snapchat.

This game is hard! Ran a few laps for the first time in a few weeks and I felt like a rookie.:ouch:. I'll post up a link to my time tomorrow.
Seriously. I can't just run laps when I feel like it anymore because of my current crappy situation, but I do get the opportunity a couple of times each week right now. I completely lost the ability to drive a car during my last session. Spinning out. Plowing through corners. Crash after crash after crash. I'm hoping to give these TT Challenges a run with you guys - if I can put enough time together to practice the combos. Coming in last doesn't bother me as long as I gave it my best effort.

Seriously. I can't just run laps when I feel like it anymore because of my current crappy situation, but I do get the opportunity a couple of times each week right now. I completely lost the ability to drive a car during my last session. Spinning out. Plowing through corners. Crash after crash after crash. I'm hoping to give these TT Challenges a run with you guys - if I can put enough time together to practice the combos. Coming in last doesn't bother me as long as I gave it my best effort.
I was genuinely shocked at how bad I was:lol:. I was 8 seconds off the pace at first:eek:. Probably not a good combination to reboot my sim racing career though:indiff:.

Anyway, I managed to put a few good laps together:

yJKleGBC_hACKKURGEsfFh7hg-5wTIuicwr9r1vi7pZIur_kS0bqoOdrXcbZ3a9QkdzVChj2h8fz1i_TvyB5iQnXMmrpmJkKpmLkpkKwq3tBOFgpLcDbbKc5qh5P3XFkWp1ADXMlB01itjZv-JMkmyywN68vLSRcsuMnmOBK3SLdKhygpDnnCQgxhfv9mSEjX4jjkqiVqs1uxPVmec-2Q3yG1NfWUOhXtyMW0zPpnezfj7QPSUzQj6vskdMrl0s_DKbOfgyXIISVNvwCA0LkPH2fDp3BqAg7I4_ROWsAeX6FT0CsQqfDzzH1nwL7oThD4ZyB9t4FoCoJdlgqlG1iy3u2cOwtLqnerJRo3j1ra2p9RYJOk_O_Stit5fhXDe9_t6sUKBhrD4LA_3lA49lxx381BeAvzQM6J907xYUmCk_g-EgaTo3gLeulSA2O52hra7AQnofbbo6niY0OFqh8R9Sh0t76GrZqmrK_kSevNqZ7_aSCtnpRpqGrIb52YG88Dcofh9XlJiC0K4sBQl3qjLOKQJ-F7nwHGxue9_sH1FEEYKfGGZtgAySvbFjcVabXG2Ks1OnkACpIhPBOtE-U8ayBX7ZNcwCC4dU2dfHwvA4kinjB=w1590-h894-no

Good Lord I'm rusty. I thought the 72D was a little too pointy last night and I was struggling with exit understeer turning into massive oversteer once the rear tires spun up. Today I fired up the car to try again, struggled mightily and gave up and went to another track with one of the AE86's to slow things down a bit and promptly spun in the first corner. Did a slow driving check and noticed I only had 180 degrees range of motion in my
G27:dunce::dunce: lock to lock but the wheels were going lock to lock in that 180 degrees. Checked my settings and everything looked fine, then exited the game to check my profile settings..aaaaand..the Logitech Profiler wasn't even on:banghead::banghead:.

Good Lord I'm rusty. I thought the 72D was a little too pointy last night and I was struggling with exit understeer turning into massive oversteer once the rear tires spun up. Today I fired up the car to try again, struggled mightily and gave up and went to another track with one of the AE86's to slow things down a bit and promptly spun in the first corner. Did a slow driving check and noticed I only had 180 degrees range of motion in my
G27:dunce::dunce: lock to lock but the wheels were going lock to lock in that 180 degrees. Checked my settings and everything looked fine, then exited the game to check my profile settings..aaaaand..the Logitech Profiler wasn't even on:banghead::banghead:.
Same thing happened to me when I first installed AC on my new pc. A lap of the`ring in the Alfa GTA and it felt a bit wrong. But, I couldn`t quite put my finger on what it was. Tried LaFerrari and it was totally undrivable! :lol:

October = Lotus 72D @ Zandvoort
I`ve put a few laps in already. But its not one of my faves. I`ve not turned a wheel there since @Johnnypenso `s TT series last year! I`ll battle it out at the back with you @ALB123 👍

Zandvoort is quite a challenge, but once you master the track it has a great flow to it and many high speed 'ballsy' corners and undulations. That's why i thought it would be great for the 72D as both require 'cohones' :)

Good luck in advance!

Ooooh! What'd ya get for new pedals? I'm dying to get some Fanatec CS v3's! :D

That's what I got. :D Unfortunately there was a driver problem (after I updated the firmware the PC would no longer recognize them) so I couldn't try them out but Fanatec has already sent me a link to a new driver that should fix the problem, I'll try after work and hopefully that will fix them. They're a serious bit of kit though and look like a work of art, and they're easily adjustable in a number of ways. I was able to adjust the brake pedal with a little dial on the back and make it have basically the same travel and firmness as the pedal in my WRX. I expect to improve by 5-6 seconds per lap so I will be dominating the time trial in short order :cool: (<---slight exaggeration).

That's what I got. :D Unfortunately there was a driver problem (after I updated the firmware the PC would no longer recognize them) so I couldn't try them out but Fanatec has already sent me a link to a new driver that should fix the problem, I'll try after work and hopefully that will fix them. They're a serious bit of kit though and look like a work of art, and they're easily adjustable in a number of ways. I was able to adjust the brake pedal with a little dial on the back and make it have basically the same travel and firmness as the pedal in my WRX. I expect to improve by 5-6 seconds per lap so I will be dominating the time trial in short order :cool: (<---slight exaggeration).
Oh, that's awesome Brandon!! 👍 After you've had them for a while - please provide a review of them. Did you purchase any dampers for the brake or accelerator? It's kind of pricey get dampers for both, I know some people only purchase one for the brake pedal and others say they're totally not necessary because the pedals are great as they are.

Oh, that's awesome Brandon!! 👍 After you've had them for a while - please provide a review of them. Did you purchase any dampers for the brake or accelerator? It's kind of pricey get dampers for both, I know some people only purchase one for the brake pedal and others say they're totally not necessary because the pedals are great as they are.

No damper yet, figured I'd save that for when I get the itch to upgrade in six months or so. :) I'll probably only get one for the brake, most reviews I've seen say it's unnecessary for the throttle and after feeling the throttle (with the default spring) I agree. And yes, even without the damper the brake pedal feels fantastic and very realistic.

Back