Montmelo Circuit de Catalunya confirmed in next update

You know better. Quite many of us haven't played PCars2 so the all new track thrill is there. Of course this all is your opinion but really, PD is trying to catch up PC2? They really aren't. They are clearly on their own path, in better and worse.
Dare I say the majority of us GT gearheads couldn't care less about bump stoppers in game. The real GT feel is it that we seek. And we know GT Sport has done many things right in the true GT feel section in its first year.

The 'real GT feel'? As in, Zamboni racing? :lol: Personally, I think the car 'feel' has gone backwards from GT6. Non linear throttle response, abysmal slow speed traction and tire model. Driving standards are way worse than they used to be in GT6 public lobbies, and I think we can put this as the primary cause. Not sure your bump stoppers reference... Razor burn? :D

And, at the price PC2 can be had for (often under $25), why not indulge that new track thrill with tracks already to go that you will be waiting for for YEARS (if ever!) for PD to come up with to drive your Zamboni on? :sly:

Autódromo José Carlos Pace, AKA Interlagos

Yeah, my ethnocentric mistake. I guess with the knowledge that the American final will take place in N. America, I thought that only pedants would take issue with my not qualifying 'America' with the word 'North'..! And trust me, for the same reason I don't feel PD is wise to copy PC2's tracklist, I don't feel PC2 really needs Interlagos. So many great tracks, why duplicate..? If tracks is what floats your boat (it does mine, I love variety of driving different tracks more than the same few tracks in a plethora of cars), you already have the main racing games.

To just play one game and wait eternally for more tracks when other games already have them, well, that's just a bit crazy! :crazy:

I just wish GT would get a real life track not ALREADY in PCars2.

Basically, it's game over as far as equalling PC2's car and track list, so why not zig while they zag?

An American track not in PC2 or AC? How about Road Atlanta? How about VIR? How about Sebring? Sebring even qualifies as an F1 track if you go back far enough!

But if PD keep trying to play catchup to PC2, they will always be on the back foot. No offense, but what's the POINT of a GTS track already in PC2? Their version has full weather, full time progression, and track evolution (from green to rubbered in, etc.), not to mention a better selection of cars to drive on it.

PD rolled the dice and came up craps... The only winning move is not to play (dating myself with that reference!). Let's go for content (street cars and different tracks) that can ONLY be played in GTS. Then there's a reason to play it...
I too want a new track not used in every other racing game but there is a BIG advantage to tracks in GTS over PC. I have PC1 and their tracks look terrible, Willow Springs for example looks worse than GT6. PC2 has improved but still doesn’t come close to looking as good as GTS.

I too want a new track not used in every other racing game but there is a BIG advantage to tracks in GTS over PC. I have PC1 and their tracks look terrible, Willow Springs for example looks worse than GT6. PC2 has improved but still doesn’t come close to looking as good as GTS.
To each his own. I prefer the way tracks feel over how they look. Because of this I would also prefer PD to add their original tracks from the past, because they can't be "felt" in any other game.

To each his own. I prefer the way tracks feel over how they look. Because of this I would also prefer PD to add their original tracks from the past, because they can't be "felt" in any other game.
I too like the feeling of touching the perfectly smooth asphalt of Grand Valley through my thrustmaster branded force feedback gloves for maximum sim value

I prefer any of the PD originals tracks over Catalyuna or Laguna Seca. If I want to run those tracks I can fire up Forza.

I prefer St. Croix over say something like Laguna Seca simply because there's more variation and more to run.

I mean how much fun are you getting out of Tsukuba like really?

I get that its an icon and it should be there but its a 1 min. club drift track. I feel the same way about many tracks that have one fixed variation.

I prefer any of the PD originals tracks over Catalyuna or Laguna Seca. If I want to run those tracks I can fire up Forza.

I prefer St. Croix over say something like Laguna Seca simply because there's more variation and more to run.

I get that its an icon and it should be there but its a 1 min. club drift track. I feel the same way about many tracks that have one fixed variation.
I love tsukuba because I drive all my roadcars there and its a good track for figuring out a car's basic characteristics without needing a long lap. Its also a lot of fun for racing regular cars.

I get a lot of fun driving in Tsukuba. Racing with N300-N600 and Gr.4 cars are fun there for me.

Plus as mentioned above, good way to test out road cars.

I'm quite surprised that there's a lot of peeps who are salty about Catalunya being added rather than a different track just because they already drove that track on a different racing game.

But this won't derail my excitement of being able to drive in Catalunya on GT Sport.

Last edited:
I get you. Ideally you should look at this game in insolation.

THere's some people who even went as far as to say that PD should look at Forza and PCR's track list and avoid those.

I feel the inverse is true. PD original tracks will only appear in PD games. So therefore I'm not excited about those in THIS game than any other.

Frankly, I don't get the mindset that PD should have tracks not already in other games. First off (apart from Interlagos), every single real world track at launch was already in GT4,GT5 or GT6 well BEFORE Project Cars 2 or Forza 7 so already, this argument has a hole in it. Then comes the previous real world tracks they added prior to Catalunya:

Monza ( Gran Turismo 5)
Tsukuba (Gran Turismo 4)
Circuit De La Sarthe (Gran Turismo 4)
Red Bull Ring (Gran Turismo 6)
Fuji Speedway (Gran Turismo 4)

So exactly how is PD bringing these tracks back Them "adding Circuits that were already in other games" (or the even more sillier notion that they are "Catching up" with Project Cars 2) when they literally had all those circuits in previous iterations well before said games? I get people want new tracks that aren't popular, but this seems just waaaay out there and this is coming from someone that owns many of the same games (and even older ones) that had the same circuits in them for years.

Why rule out Laguna Seca? I don't understand.
All the hullabaloo about relicensing and stuff leads me to believe that Laguna Seca is going to become the next Infineon Raceway.

As in, it won't come back because PD or whoever can't be bothered relicensing it.

I love tsukuba because I drive all my roadcars there and its a good track for figuring out a car's basic characteristics without needing a long lap. Its also a lot of fun for racing regular cars.

Me too. Its great for testing out cars as it is short and has got some proper corners (unlike a short oval - which I also like for a different challenge).

:sly:GTSport is the only vr on console, so I would like every track known to man. Please keep them coming kaz.
Can’t wait for Monaco (after spa)

Er... Driveclub VR? You can even race with that one!

Maybe you haven't seen PC2 in 4K? I'll take SMS's version over GT's any day, simply for the time transition (night racing WS is as terrifying as it was in GT6!), but overall, play PC2 in 4K, PD's advantage drops quite a bit.

Frankly, I don't get the mindset that PD should have tracks not already in other games. First off (apart from Interlagos), every single real world track at launch was already in GT4,GT5 or GT6 well BEFORE Project Cars 2 or Forza 7 so already, this argument has a hole in it. Then comes the previous real world tracks they added prior to Catalunya:

Monza ( Gran Turismo 5)
Tsukuba (Gran Turismo 4)
Circuit De La Sarthe (Gran Turismo 4)
Red Bull Ring (Gran Turismo 6)
Fuji Speedway (Gran Turismo 4)

So exactly how is PD bringing these tracks back Them "adding Circuits that were already in other games" (or the even more sillier notion that they are "Catching up" with Project Cars 2) when they literally had all those circuits in previous iterations well before said games? I get people want new tracks that aren't popular, but this seems just waaaay out there and this is coming from someone that owns many of the same games (and even older ones) that had the same circuits in them for years.

This is a good point, but visual accuracy is only one aspect. PC2's tracks 'feel' better, less billiard table smooth, and have the edge of weather, ToD, year round change and rubbering in effects. Not to mention, usually more up to date scans than the GT6 versions. But my main point is, the tracks in PC2 that were in GT5/6 are a small subset of the real world tracks it has, there's a huge selection of tracks like Snetterton, vintage Spa, vintage LeMans, Oulton Park, Sugo, the list goes on and on, that GT has never had.

Just in the year since launch, SMS added Brands Hatch RX, Barcelona RX, Leipzig's Porsche Test Track, vintage LeMans, Mugello, and Pista di Fiorano (Ferrari's test track). Not too shabby!

PD's attempt to add tracks based primarily on tracks it lost while ignoring (with Interlagos and Catalunya as exceptions) tracks it never had, leaves GT trailing, with little chance (at this rate) of ever catching up. But prioritizing real tracks not in any other game, and relegating some of the PC2 real tracks to the back burner would at least give GTS more of a 'must play' feel.

PC1 was a PS4 title, launched mid-2015 with a track list already far superior to GTS. 3 years later, and even better. Comparisons to GT6 hardly apply, when they weren't even for the same platform. PD's glacial pace gave them the field alone, and now they are in catchup mode, at still the glacial pace. Basically, at this rate, PD will never catch up. But they can be different...

But they don't appear to want to be.

Last edited:
I'm kinda bummed we won't get Trial Mountain, Deep Forest or Midfield next week :(. I too prefer PD's fantasy tracks over some (IMO, please don't kill this poor casual GT player) boring real life circuit, even though I don't know much about the one they're adding now and will reserve judgement after I race it.

Not that I don't welcome more real life circuits (I'd love to see Laguna Seca return) or think they shouldn't be added to Sport because other games already have them. I know I'm probably in the absolute minority regarding my track preferences, and if most of players want to see Spa, Yas Marina, COTA, Shanghai and others to be featured in GTS, they are welcome to speculate them for the future updates.

I've tried the PC2 demo available on PSN and didn't enjoy it at all. So if I'm racing in Catalunya, it will be in GTS...

Yas Marina and COTA are part of the same problem.

I feel like comparions to say PCR2 are valid but hinge on the fact that it just doesnt have the base that GT Sport has.

How much does GTS outpace it and everything else on sales.

You can very well say XYZ game has more tracks... does it have the mass acceptance of GT Sport. That's why to many any comparison isnt valid.

If people wanted to play PCR or Forza they'd go to that part of the forum.

Inertia and brand loyalty goes a long way to mass acceptance... But if you are willing to gripe about a dearth of tracks but unwilling to pay less than $25 for a great game with more tracks than you can dream of, you don't really care about the issue!

For me, the issue is too many F1 tracks in a non-F1 game. IIRC, Tsukuba is the only real track added that isn't an F1 track.

All the hullabaloo about relicensing and stuff leads me to believe that Laguna Seca is going to become the next Infineon Raceway.

As in, it won't come back because PD or whoever can't be bothered relicensing it.
Well yeah, because it isn't called Mazda Raceway anymore...

Wtf are you on about. Le Mans and Fuji?

Fuji has had a whopping 4 F1 races in ~50 years and Le Mans had 1, which was at Bugatti Circuit and not Le Sarthe proper.

These are not F1 tracks by any stretch.

You could also throw Bathurst in there, unless some secret F1 race took place that I am not aware of.

You could also throw Bathurst in there, unless some secret F1 race took place that I am not aware of.

Well he did specify tracks added to the game, as in DLC. But yeah, Jensen Button did hotlap Bathurst once, so it is possible. and you bring up a good point that you'd be hard pressed to find a popular race track that hasn't ever had an F1 car on it at some point.

Well he did specify tracks added to the game, as in DLC. But yeah, Jensen Button did hotlap Bathurst once, so it is possible. and you bring up a good point that you'd be hard pressed to find a popular race track that hasn't ever had an F1 car in it.

Yep. Even if they bought back Laguna Seca, Guess what? Its had an overall record held by, you guess it, a Formula 1 car.

As far as games, you could list at least 50 games made before the PS3 and XBOX 360 era that have track rosters that consist of many tracks that hosted F1, and that isn't including licensed F1 games. Its strange that NOW with THIS game, that's a problem (even though PC2 and several others has more then enough former AND current F1 tracks). Its a rather odd thing to fixate on when a lot of these tracks host events other then F1 (do I really need to bring up one popular race at the Nürburgring that isn't F1?)

Likewise, you could more then likely think of a reason for Spa being popular and its not related to F1.

This is a good point, but visual accuracy is only one aspect. PC2's tracks 'feel' better, less billiard table smooth, and have the edge of weather, ToD, year round change and rubbering in effects. Not to mention, usually more up to date scans than the GT6 versions.

Many of project cars 2 circuits are actually not scanned at all, sometime just a section of the course is scanned. Knowing PD’s attention to detail, all of PD’s real world tracks have a decent real data set and that technology is getting more and more accurate. It costs a fortune to scan and license real world circuits too which is why they can be few and far between in other games.

Drone based capture is a far cry from the accuracy of laser. Scale is about correct but any surface details are purely guesswork based on the colour of the tarmac. Quite often people are surprised how smooth actual race tracks are so are tricked into thinking that a more bumpy sim version is more accurate. Not the case. I.e GT5 Sarthe vs GT Sport Sarthe, the latter of which is almost certainly a laser data set.

Actually handling laser data to ensure accuracy is a totally different level, real motorsports simulators really struggle with this, making sure the tyre model and the surface mesh work together can be incredibly difficult, with every scan data set being slightly different.

Well yeah, because it isn't called Mazda Raceway anymore...
The point I was going to make was I thought that Sonoma Raceway (formerly known as Infineon Raceway) was renamed inbetween the release of GT4/TT and GT5 hence why it wasn't included in any games after GT4/TT because of relicensing issues/costs/whatever, but it turns out that Infineon Raceway wasn't renamed until 2012.

Naming rights shouldnt matter.

Like in the old days Infineon changed to Sonoma Raceway in Forza and the naming rights doesnt mean the owner of the track changes.

LOL TIL that the new name is...

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca (previously known as Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Laguna Seca Raceway) is a paved road racing track in central California used for both auto racing and motorcycle racing, built in 1957 near both Salinas and Monterey, California, United States.

Crappy name.

Back