More Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Gameplay Video: Direct Capture PS4 Pro

Its licensed by SRO, so yeah its a GT3 simulator.

They are adding GT4 - PC in summer, console by the end of the year
That's a shame.. gt3 and gt4. No real race cars, no vintage race cars, guess I'll be staying with project cars 2 for a while then.

You keep posting silly pictures, but so far we've got:

T300 wheels not working or crashing the game
As long as they are running the current firmware they are fine, its not an issue with the title its an issue with the wheelbase firmware version.

Videos of severe stuttering and pop in at Spa
I must confess to have not had an issue at Spa, but people do seem to be having differing experiences.

Publisher asking for bug reports soon after news of issues start appearing on forums/social media
Which is perfectly normal for almost every dev around, just because the likes of PD don;t do it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Most studios gather this kind of info when a title launches.

No FOV slider
Agree its needed - however this was added after launch with AC on console

No graphics options
Agree its needed

Agree its needed - however this was added after launch with AC on console

The only good news is private lobbies will appear at some point.
That is good news, but it doesn't mean that other fixes or updates will not be coming.

Its not exactly looking great right now is it ?
Milage will vary based on individual experience, but right now I'm having a great time with ACC

That video is 30fps. You'd be better off linking to a 60fps video.
Here you go, 1080p and 60fps capture for PC2 (a year after release so up to date patches as well).

That's a shame.. gt3 and gt4. No real race cars, no vintage race cars, guess I'll be staying with project cars 2 for a while then.
At what point did GT4 and GT3 cars stop becoming 'real race cars'?

Yeah thats the point. Its based on a real racing series which they've chosen the replicate authentically.

That said I'm looking forward more to the British GT pack than the GT4 pack. I want Snetterton in this game.

Yeah thats the point. Its based on a real racing series which they've chosen the replicate authentically.

That said I'm looking forward more to the British GT pack than the GT4 pack. I want Snetterton in this game.
Love Snetterton, hate the final corner.

Here you go, 1080p and 60fps capture for PC2 (a year after release so up to date patches as well).
Heheh, yeah I've seen plenty of PC2 60fps videos, including most of yours. I was merely pointing out that he used a 30fps video to demonstrate the difference from 60fps, that's all. :)

Anyway, I also saw your video on ACC. The ghosting you talked about is also there on PC and appears to be an artifact due to how aliasing is handled in the UE4 engine unfortunately.

As long as they are running the current firmware they are fine, its not an issue with the title its an issue with the wheelbase firmware version
Sadly that is not true. I am on latest firmware with the T300 and things are still not right. The game commonly ignores my wheel completely. It might be particular combos causing the problem? Many rim and pedal options for T300 for example. Perhaps they were not all tested to be 100% working? A buddy is running TSXW on his Xbox and it is still not working despite being on latest firmware.

Sadly that is not true. I am on latest firmware with the T300 and things are still not right. The game commonly ignores my wheel completely. It might be particular combos causing the problem? Many rim and pedal options for T300 for example. Perhaps they were not all tested to be 100% working? A buddy is running TSXW on his Xbox and it is still not working despite being on latest firmware.
Bugger, that's a pain.

For what it's worth I'm using a T300 base with a set of Pro pedals and the open-wheel rim, not tried it with either the original rim or my Ferrari 599 rim yet.

To be fair that's impossible but just shows what a difference a day can make to your perception

You have to enter the code

Yep, found the DLC code on a small piece of paper hiding at the bottom of the envelope the game arrived in.

It's crazy! There's this F1 game that only has F1 cars. Madness!
I guess it's personal preference... myself I prefer the older cars before all the traction control, anti lock brakes, stability control, etc.. give me trans am, group c, can-am, 1000hp, no assists... I found gt3 boring in p2
GTE a little better. But for me the best driving experience was the older stuff that you drove on the edge, four wheel sliding slightly, or ass end hangin out a bit. Sawing on the wheel to bring it back in line.

Bugger, that's a pain.

For what it's worth I'm using a T300 base with a set of Pro pedals and the open-wheel rim, not tried it with either the original rim or my Ferrari 599 rim yet.
Well hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones!

To me, when they started putting in all the assists... traction control, etc.. I guess. Personally I like the big hp, older prototypes without assists. Gt3 and gt4 are ok.. but not if that's all there is.

To me, when they started putting in all the assists... traction control, etc.. I guess. Personally I like the big hp, older prototypes without assists. Gt3 and gt4 are ok.. but not if that's all there is.
Senna raced with them, I can live with them particularly when they are this well implemented (as they are unlike road car assists).

Senna raced with them, I can live with them particularly when they are this well implemented (as they are unlike road car assists).
I have all assists turned off. I found that using them dulled my driving skill when I hopped into a car without them. I didn't do as well in league racing in the classes that allowed assists. But when we had the vintage classes, I did very well.

I'm not sure what's going on with the Motec displays in cockpit or helmet cam views. Most of the cars I've tried look bad, like the resolution of the motec is really low. The numbers look half drawn in as they tally up, some cars get very messy when adjusting TC/ABS (think it was the Aston that looks very odd here).

A concern is that if they introduce FOV/Seat position adjustments those Motecs are going to look even worse up close.

Dash cam motec looks fine, so maybe if we move our seat towards the dash in cockpit cam it will look better too, but I'm not counting on it.

If you look closely at the Motec in the Lambo you can see it gently swaying side to side. Very odd.

Anyone else notice how messy the Motecs look in these views?

I’ve been getting a few odd FFB quirks that I can’t iron out. Using T500/PS4 pro, sometimes when exiting corners, the FFB pulls left and right, it oscillates for a bit. The car is not loosing traction, it’s like the centring force is inverted, dynamic damping reduces it but it’s still there. Sometimes the wheel just seems to pull to one side in odd places. Also I need to keep changing the wheel rotation for different cars, the hands on the wheel never match what I’m doing but I can get it close.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree there is a weird duality here as although the GT3 cars in ACC are unruly beasts, the dialled-up TC makes it feel like it's almost on-rails.

It's really interesting coming from a lot of Gr.3 racing in GT Sport, where it's comparatively unrealistic but where you need TC turned off to be fast -- some tracks nearly have drift sections as a result (Bathurst downhill springs to mind).

Bugger, that's a pain.

I am using a T300RS with T3PA pedals without any issue on my PS4 Pro. I also have the Open Wheel rim and no problems with that.

I am using a T300RS with T3PA pedals without any issue on my PS4 Pro. I also have the Open Wheel rim and no problems with that.
My combo is in my signature. I do still have issues with the game often not detecting my wheel at all.

I have always liked Project cars,but after playing ACC ,I can't go back to it, Project cars is good,but their physics engine never really quite got it right...I am amazed at how much detail Kunos put into their game for such a small company,it's mind blowing..

I tried again with ACC again last night. I was getting used to the low framerate, which to me, on the PS4 pro still looks lower than 30 at times, I’m wondering if the extra whistles and bells on the Pro version actually make run worse?
I tried to do some online multiplayer but every time I look at the server list the game crashes and the quick race option does nothing. I regret buying this game, I thought AC was great, this isn’t. I can see a game under that low framerate jitter that I want to play but there’s so much wrong with it I can’t bring myself to play it anymore.
I'm the same this game is so awfully bad, what a waste of money! I just finished once again trying to set it up with my G29 wheel to actually feel like I'm driving a track car that actually does what you are telling it too, it's so bad I've just decided in calling it a day as well.I've had the game a week now and can't get the thing to actually respond correctly to the wheel input. Terrible lag and control response,it just feels all wrong. crashing etc, white out on drivers window constantly, the list goes on.

Tbh I’m on PS4 pro and it plays well. You have to get the steering setup manually or you won’t like it, but outside that gameplay is definitely engaging.
The stock setups are really good.
Tbh this is also the first game ever to make me entertain the idea of a pc build.
It’s still too expensive to do imo just for this, but kinda tempting to see what’s possible.
To me, on console, if you like gt cars but not this, I don’t get it.
I’m glad I just took the plunge and bought it and paid no attention to the haters on social media.
Sure, there’s issues with some bugs, but seems like every game releases that way anymore. The gameplay is worth it imo.

I'm the same this game is so awfully bad, what a waste of money! I just finished once again trying to set it up with my G29 wheel to actually feel like I'm driving a track car that actually does what you are telling it too, it's so bad I've just decided in calling it a day as well.I've had the game a week now and can't get the thing to actually respond correctly to the wheel input. Terrible lag and control response,it just feels all wrong. crashing etc, white out on drivers window constantly, the list goes on.
Have you set the correct steering ratios for each car?

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg
BMW = 565 deg
Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg
Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg
Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg
911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg

I guess it's personal preference... myself I prefer the older cars before all the traction control, anti lock brakes, stability control, etc.. give me trans am, group c, can-am, 1000hp, no assists... I found gt3 boring in p2
GTE a little better. But for me the best driving experience was the older stuff that you drove on the edge, four wheel sliding slightly, or ass end hangin out a bit. Sawing on the wheel to bring it back in line.
You can tell I have notifications off.:lol:

Hey, I'm moving with the times. When I saw the sequential levers in BTCC( I think one of those cars had the gear selection on the steering arm!), I wasn't a fan. I always loved to see the skipping through the gears from H-pattern racers. Outside NASCAR, (V8)Supercars were probably one of the last to abandon the H-Pattern. So, for me, I am not so much a vintage car on skinny tyres, a Group A touring car does me just fine.

In PC1/2, the older cars "feel" way better. Much more communicative. Even with nearly 1000hp. I'm preaching to the choir, but newer race cars are designed for you and me - if we have the means to buy or rent one. I enjoy both. I do prefer a GT3 over an LMP. A GT4 over a GT3.

Back