More Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Gameplay Video: Direct Capture PS4 Pro

Yes I think so.

I don't think its circuit length that causes the issue, I think there's just a lot to do there - big elevation change, lots of trees, barriers, kerbs and so on. If you watch cars exit the first corner there is loads of pop in on the pit buildings to the right of the track, but its quite "busy" there too.

Just arrived, installed on my PS4 pro.
sorry to say guys, this looks terrible, the framerate is very noticeable on my rig playseat/T500rs /52” screen.
I don’t think I can play it like this, it’s awful in tight slow turns like the chicanes at Monza. Original AC ran much better and smoother than this. It’s a big disappointment, not sure if I’m ever going to play it as it’s a strain on the eyes.
Bummer.

After spending some time playing this evening I kind of go used to it. The physics are pretty good, the quality of the online lobby I joined wasn’t good though. One of the other cars had such a bad connection he went around the whole track sideways. After playing for a bit I switched over the GTS, the difference is staggering. ACC looks like it’s a last gen game. Overall, not very impressed. In some ways It reminds me of Supercar Challenge on the PS3, that too was very disappointing.

After spending some time playing this evening I kind of go used to it. The physics are pretty good, the quality of the online lobby I joined wasn’t good though. One of the other cars had such a bad connection he went around the whole track sideways. After playing for a bit I switched over the GTS, the difference is staggering. ACC looks like it’s a last gen game. Overall, not very impressed. In some ways It reminds me of Supercar Challenge on the PS3, that too was very disappointing.
Thanks for the info. We are STARVED for it!

I’m not the biggest GTS fan in terms of gameplay. But, the online experience (not including the actual people) is near perfect. I don’t know what it costs to have servers and host millions of people but I’m guessing PD have quite a bit more than anyone else.

I’ll be mostly playing offline so I’m really interested in how it drives there

Last edited:
Not yelling at you or blasting you, but you can't do that. Can't compare the graphics at all. Best thing is to compare game play.

Lobby issues seem to be the main thing. Next, can I cutomise the game offline? How do those features work? This is a single purpose game. GTS can't do what most of these games do. GTS can't match game play options.

What GTS does do, is offer easy online play. Physics & sounds are not up to par, if I want to compare GTS to any sim, but the ease of online gameplay, is it's strength. Authenticity of other games, are their strengths.

Has this hit PSN yet? Eager to try it out even though I think I will be disappointed.

Last edited:
I got the DLC tracks with my game!

Attachments

• 20200623_004855.jpg
    20200623_004855.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 33
Not yelling at you or blasting you, but you can't do that. Can't compare the graphics at all. Best thing is to compare game play.

Why can't he compare GTS and ACC graphics ? same machine, I'd say its a completely valid comparison.

Is there any news regarding the time the game will drop in the PS Store? TiA

Assetto Corsa
@AC_assettocorsa

·
13h

Lots of people are asking when ACC console digital versions go live. To confirm, we don't have an exact time, yet. And it may vary from territory to territory. We will keep you all updated if we get more information! Thanks for your support and understanding. #beACC

Why can't he compare GTS and ACC graphics ? same machine, I'd say its a completely valid comparison.
It's not going to be the same even if Kunos didn't pass the game to someone else. What I'm sayong are many expect it to look like GT. I never played Drive Club, but some say that game is close or similar to GT. AC1 doesn't look like GT either. PC1/PC2 don't look like GT. Forza doesn't look like GT.

It's best to compare it to AC1 if anything. People coming from GT, never playing any other game, straight up say the games like these are PS2 graphics. Taht's not the case. Graphics just don't look like GT. Compare the game play. Compare what can be done on the game. It's playable for me on a base PS4.

If graphics are going to make or brake someone spending money on ACC, they'd be missing out on options they can't get in GTS. Especially for players that play offline.

Lobby issues seem to be the main thing. Next, can I cutomise the game offline? How do those features work? This is a single purpose game. GTS can't do what most of these games do. GTS can't match game play options.

What GTS does do, is offer easy online play. Physics & sounds are not up to par, if I want to compare GTS to any sim, but the ease of online gameplay, is it's strength. Authenticity of other games, are their strengths.
GT Sport isn't a true Sim,ACC is..The GT series and Forza has always felt like driving on ice to me,never really liked them too much..

It's not going to be the same even if Kunos didn't pass the game to someone else. What I'm sayong are many expect it to look like GT. I never played Drive Club, but some say that game is close or similar to GT. AC1 doesn't look like GT either. PC1/PC2 don't look like GT. Forza doesn't look like GT.

It's best to compare it to AC1 if anything. People coming from GT, never playing any other game, straight up say the games like these are PS2 graphics. Taht's not the case. Graphics just don't look like GT. Compare the game play. Compare what can be done on the game. It's playable for me on a base PS4.

If graphics are going to make or brake someone spending money on ACC, they'd be missing out on options they can't get in GTS. Especially for players that play offline.

I agree that for a comprehensive comparison you'd look at all aspects of two games but to say "you can't compate graphics at all" isn't true.

I agree that for a comprehensive comparison you'd look at all aspects of two games but to say "you can't compate graphics at all" isn't true.
I'm not the you can't say how you feel police. Never that.

Okay, for the casual player, graphics are are the selling point. Ease of play would be next.

With these two games, telling a casual player, ACC graphics are not as polished compared to GT Sport, is not telling the whole story. Does a casual player need to know why? Probably not. Is ACC as easy play as GT Sport, for a casual gamer? Certainly.

Usually, leading with graphics are bad, leads to, the game is bad. Now that isn't true.

GT Sport isn't a true Sim,ACC is..The GT series and Forza has always felt like driving on ice to me,never really liked them too much..
You can say it feels like driving on ice in Forza Motorsport but not in GTS. GTS lacks some sim features, yes, but it's still a sim, just with less details. And then there are a lot of other aspects on a sim, I still prefer GTS over PC2.

You can say it feels like driving on ice in Forza Motorsport but not in GTS. GTS lacks some sim features, yes, but it's still a sim, just with less details. And then there are a lot of other aspects on a sim, I still prefer GTS over PC2.
GT series cars always have alot of understeer ,To me it just doesn't feel right,It's great for alot of ppl though,The game is very polished

Yes, ACC plays well, the physics are pretty good and the actual game seems pretty good. But I’ve always sacrificed detail and fancy FX when playing PC games to get a decent framerate, it’s highly important that a Sim, in particular runs ultra smoothly to make it convincing. You’ll see for yourself that when you go round the chicanes at Monza the movement of the background is stuttered jerky and not very nice on the eyes. Some people might be able to play like that but I can’t, especially not for long periods. And it’s made worse if you you are sitting close to a large screen in a playseat. It’s like when you go the the cinema and sit in the front row, you’ll notice the juddering frames when the camera pans or when there’s something large moving across the screen, I like to sit further back to eliminate the judder, can’t really do that with my rig. It will probably look fine sat 8-10 feet back, sat on the sofa with a pad, but that’s not why I built the rig.
Also while I raced online it seemed like the framerate was capped at 30 rather than locked at 30, there were a couple of visible drops in framerate . You can have the best graphics/physics etc but if it’s not smooth the realism is greatly diminished for me. And the biggest problem is that the other sims and racing games I play, all run at 60. so I guess I’ve been conditioned/spoiled by smooth framerates, it’s not easy for me to go back to what seems like last Gen visuals on a current Gen game.

Latest Posts

Back