More electric cars in Gran Turismo 6

Russian Federation
Russian Federation
Roman7091975
Dear Mr. Yamauchi! Could you add to your game more electric cars? I know that electric cars are now just beginning to gain popularity. They are not interested in many, but some people are just crazy about these cars. I think fans of the Gran Turismo series would love to see a brand new pickup, crossover or hatchback from Tesla. Specifications Model S is already known. It would be possible to make the characteristics of the pickup truck or crossover from Tesla on the basis of the characteristics of Model S. I was thinking about how to offer you add to the game even an electric truck from the company Modec, but unfortunately, I think that it does not implement. Although anything is possible ... vedt from you can expect anything :)
I sent photos of some electric vehicles, which I would like to see in Gran Turismo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 13
I hate not hearing the sound of internal combustion. While I do believe solar combined with electric will be the final frontier before we evolve from needing automobiles entirely, it doesn't mean I have to like them. The only car with an electric motor I can stand is the first generation Honda Insight, because it comes with a manual transmission. The CR-Z does too, but I don't like that car for some reason.

Hemp biodiesel would be another solution to the fuel crisis, and wouldn't require trashing 100+ years of engine evolution. VW and Honda are taking huge strides on the diesel front.

What's wrong with Electric cars? They save the planet, can go as fast and much quieter!

Ummm.... Batteries require more energy to make than a piston (or almost, not all, but almost) engine or any other type of machine.

Faster? Yeah. For the first 1-20 miles. Then there is this funny little thing called power storage. Batteries can't hold as much (even a few TONS of them) as a 10 gallon tank of fuel.

So, no, electric cars, while the wave of the future, are NOT planet savers.

What's wrong with Electric cars? They save the planet, can go as fast and much quieter!
As @SuzukaStar says, I want the sound of an internal combustion engine and IMO, an electric car replaces an IC car and to me that's a waste. I won't drive them at all. Saving that planet, that's highly debatable but this isn't the place for that debate, but I would say, it's irrelevant IMO to making a good videogame.

So saying, it's a game. I even drive GM cars in the game. (You couldn't PAY me enough to own one in real life! I would take Donald Trumps entire life earnings and buy the company and rebuild it to actually MAKE something other than a pile of trash before I would OWN one!)

So, for me, in game, it's just a (heavy) car, and another challenge to learn to drive. So, I'll drive one (in game).

I'm not so worried about their future. Wise hybrids (the 260+ mpg car from Volkswagen intrigues me greatly) will be good, but the development on electric cars has been sporadic and FAR too late in the game to be a viable option any time soon.

Have a list of electric cars on my alternative fuel sources page under electric cars, also added a page about electric car tuning. The alternative fuel sources page also has a list of Air powered cars & Steam powered cars.

Also not all cars are boring as even better and greater electric cars are coming to the market and now also the racing field, with the Spark-Renault SRT 01e Formula e car and the Lola Drayson B12/69E.

The Spark-Renault SRT 01e Formula e car sounds amazing and it also has a fully functioning 5-Speed Manual Transmission. As the Lola Drayson B12/69E has performance to beat the best of the 24hr lemans cars, but it still requires some fine tuning in regards to range.

But if you are looking for something to rival a everyday supercar well the Rimac Concept One is your car to do so. With amazing power at 1088 BHP and outstanding handling. Even your Porsches and Lambo's will have trouble keeping up. The range is no problem either as it averages between 400 - 500 km's of standard driving per charge.

Last edited:
Range? That is ALWAYS the deciding factor.
but doesn't a car have a range per tank also? but yes of course the range of an electric car is it's worse deciding factor but I believe with this extra step in electric motorsport will be the kick starter for new developments in electric car technology.

Last edited:
Have a list of electric cars on my alternative fuel sources page under electric cars, also added a page about electric car tuning. The alternative fuel sources page also has a list of Air powered cars & Steam powered cars.

Also not all cars are boring as even better and greater electric cars are coming to the market and now also the racing field, with the Spark-Renault SRT 01e Formula e car and the Lola Drayson B12/69E.

The Spark-Renault SRT 01e Formula e car sounds amazing and it also has a fully functioning 5-Speed Manual Transmission. As the Lola Drayson B12/69E has performance to beat the best of the 24hr lemans cars, but it still requires some fine tuning in regards to range.

But if you are looking for something to rival a everyday supercar well the Rimac Concept One is your car to do so. With amazing power at 1088 BHP and outstanding handling. Even your Porsches and Lambo's will have trouble keeping up. The range is no problem either as it averages between 400 - 500 km's of standard driving per charge.
Performance is irrelevant to me without the sound and fury of an internal combustion engine. For me sound is a key factor in fun and immersion.

Performance is irrelevant to me without the sound and fury of an internal combustion engine. For me sound is a key factor in fun and immersion.
Read the third paragraph and follow the spark-Renault formula e link there is a movie with the sound of the electric car on it and tell us your opinion then.

but doesn't a car have a range per tank also? but yes of course the range of an electric car is it's worse deciding factor but I believe with this extra step in electric motorsport there will be huge developments in electric car technology.

As I said before, the range of batteries is FAR more limited than petrol based fuels.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't intend to take 2 weeks to cross the US in a Tesla (or however long it will be with the recharging times), when I can do a marathon with some friends in less than 3 days. Or less than 12 hours in a plane.

Car is more fun, but I want to be the one who decides when and where I stop.

I game, hmmm.... I don't know if there is a way to change the batteries for fresh ones for a 24 hour race. Hmmm... (shrug) It's a game. Yeah, 10 second pit stop for fresh.. batteries? ;)

Back