More F1 cars for GT5P

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLaren-Saleen
  • 36 comments
  • 3,378 views
I think a lot people know before PD saying so. :) Great new's that it is confirmed and new TRACK :)
This is the quote from the BLOG..
Confirms that the Damage Update will Come in the Autumn
What exactly is AUTUMN?
 
The **** bit, HAHA :D :D
Thanks for the clearance ;)
So in about a month we will see news or even the update for damage :)
 
lets just hope its autumn this year and that the damage will not be like in Grid :scared::crazy:
 
More F1 cars, eh? When did Sony's F1 licence run out? This year? If so, can they still licence 2008 cars? And also, can they licence older F1 cars? What are the policies on getting the licences for the older F1 cars, can they go straight to the manufacturers or teams, or is it like current F1 cars where they have to get a licence from the FIA?
 
just give me a mazda 787B and i will be happy
 
This thread is pointless, it's for GT5 and it's very old news.
 
we already knew about this sorry it's old news but fair enough for pointing it out, another source i suppose for Damage
 
More F1 cars, eh? When did Sony's F1 licence run out? This year? If so, can they still licence 2008 cars? And also, can they licence older F1 cars? What are the policies on getting the licences for the older F1 cars, can they go straight to the manufacturers or teams, or is it like current F1 cars where they have to get a licence from the FIA?


I think they can just go to the manufacturers. I mean, they got the F2007 in the game from Ferrari, so they can probably get cars like the MP4-23 in there too(after all, they've put McLaren-Mercedes cars in before, with the SLR.) And I'm sure smaller companies like Force India, Toro Rosso, and WilliamsF1 will be willing to have them in. I'm slightly curious as to where they would go for a team like Stewart or Arrows though(if anyone wants them, of course:sly:)
 
This thread is pointless, it's for GT5 and it's very old news.

Um..I think since it was a GT5:P party and it was spokin about in there, it's a possiblity that it will be in GT5:P not GT5.:)

we already knew about this sorry it's old news but fair enough for pointing it out, another source i suppose for Damage

How is it old news? Can you send me another link in which they talk about more F1 in the Autum update?


More F1 cars, eh? When did Sony's F1 licence run out? This year? If so, can they still licence 2008 cars? And also, can they licence older F1 cars? What are the policies on getting the licences for the older F1 cars, can they go straight to the manufacturers or teams, or is it like current F1 cars where they have to get a licence from the FIA?

I believe they can go to the manufactuer and get their approval as long as it's not an F1 game.
 
Last edited:
How is it old news? Can you send me another link in which they talk about more F1 in the Autum update?


It is old news, look at the date of that linked page, I remember when this news came along, it was from the Spanish GT5P launch party.

It is too long ago for me to remember the link where the original news come from, but I do also remember a video of some Spanish guys talking to KY and giving him a SEAT matchbox car, and KY said that SEAT will feature in GT5.
 
Um..I think since it was a GT5:P party and it was spokin about in there, it's a possiblity that it will be in GT5:P not GT5.:)



How is it old news? Can you send me another link in which they talk about more F1 in the Autum update?

The whole source doesnt really point out where these points "They're Planning to Add more F1 Cars to the Game." That could mean pointing out they're adding more to the full GT5 not nessaraly pointing to GT5P but that could be a possibility due to this screenshot here - http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg209/Marky264/BMW.jpg
hence why i found it old news plus it's dated back from April loads of things have changed but i havent seen another source for more F1 cars your quite right
 
The whole source doesnt really point out where these points "They're Planning to Add more F1 Cars to the Game." That could mean pointing out they're adding more to the full GT5 not nessaraly pointing to GT5P but that could be a possibility due to this screenshot here - http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg209/Marky264/BMW.jpg
hence why i found it old news plus it's dated back from April loads of things have changed but i havent seen another source for more F1 cars your quite right



That screenshot was made up by someone here at GTP (forgot who) and the BMW F1 is from PS3's F1 game. The planning to add more F1 cars news came from a interview with KY, who said he would like to more, and even make a F1 game one day.
 
That screenshot was made up by someone here at GTP (forgot who) and the BMW F1 is from PS3's F1 game. The planning to add more F1 cars news came from a interview with KY, who said he would like to more, and even make a F1 game one day.

ah wow thats something i didnt know! cheers for pointing out it's very well shopped isnt? I wonder who did it on here? Reveal yourself! lol, Yeah i read that KY would like more F1 cars we'll have to wait for the fall hehe cant wait for TGS :scared:
 
Sorry, had no idea it was old, and didn't even check the blog date. At least its more confirmation for damage in the Fall.
 
Sorry, had no idea it was old, and didn't even check the blog date. At least its more confirmation for damage in the Fall.

defo no worries it's still info for new people ;)
 
They need to let us adjust the turning ratio of the wheel before they add anymore. It should be fully adjustable (like real race cars) so that lock to lock can be had from 180 degrees all the way up to 900 degrees. I think this is the main reason why the F1 online event is so empty.

Having said that I hope they add some real old school cars. Those would be fun to race in. Like the Lancia/Ferrari D50 or the Cooper Climax.

hologram36.jpg


goodwood-1994-cooper-brabham-pdl-1.jpg
 
...or the Maserati 250F

438-4.jpg


Also speaking to the licensing issue, PD/Sony does not have to get any licensing from the FIA (F1's sanctioning body) in order to use F1 cars, they can make any previous year vehicles as a long as they get licensing from the individual teams. In order to use current year cars and to have events mentioned as a "Formula 1 race" they would have to get licensing from FIA.
 
Last edited:
Isn't weather in the UK always like that? :P

No way dude! We had sunshine one time. At least I think it was sunshine, I was only a small child at the time but I definitely remember my mum telling me not to be scared it was just the sun.

Ah those halcyon days that halcyon day. You don't see the likes of that anymore
 
To keep this thread on topic and not turn into yet another wishlist..

I think they can just go to the manufacturers. I mean, they got the F2007 in the game from Ferrari, so they can probably get cars like the MP4-23 in there too(after all, they've put McLaren-Mercedes cars in before, with the SLR.) And I'm sure smaller companies like Force India, Toro Rosso, and WilliamsF1 will be willing to have them in. I'm slightly curious as to where they would go for a team like Stewart or Arrows though(if anyone wants them, of course:sly:)

Thats a good point, who would own the rights to the teams that went bust? Sterwart was essentially a Ford team, so I would have guessed they would be either held by Ford still or Jackie himself.
I'd love to have Arrows or any of the other "lesser" teams too. Even the really bad cars like the Lola-Mastercard or Life cars, lol, though I'm not sure anyone really wants to drive such awful cars. Still, Arrows, Tyrell, Minardi and others did have some decent cars at some point in their history.

I think its more likely that any F1 cars we get are either really recent cars or the World Championship-winning cars, which pretty much limits it to Williams, Ferrari, McLaren, Benetton, etc, etc. No Jordan or Arrows :sick: We may get some of the interesting cars too, such as the six wheelers, fan cars, etc.
 
To keep this thread on topic and not turn into yet another wishlist..



Thats a good point, who would own the rights to the teams that went bust? Sterwart was essentially a Ford team, so I would have guessed they would be either held by Ford still or Jackie himself.
I'd love to have Arrows or any of the other "lesser" teams too. Even the really bad cars like the Lola-Mastercard or Life cars, lol, though I'm not sure anyone really wants to drive such awful cars. Still, Arrows, Tyrell, Minardi and others did have some decent cars at some point in their history.

I think its more likely that any F1 cars we get are either really recent cars or the World Championship-winning cars, which pretty much limits it to Williams, Ferrari, McLaren, Benetton, etc, etc. No Jordan or Arrows :sick: We may get some of the interesting cars too, such as the six wheelers, fan cars, etc.

Well we may see Jordan, since it was sold to Midland, then to Spyker, then to Force India, so it's still possible. Arrows I really have no idea though, weren't they totally independent and went bust? If so I don't think we'll ever get to see them. Plus(looking at this realistically) I don't think Polyphony have the time or the manpower, or even the interest to go this deep in to Formula One cars. I think we'll be lucky if we see some McLarens and Renaults and other big names. Being a huge F1 fan, it sucks for me since I've always wanted F1 racing on the level of Gran Turismo(I still havn't found a copy of F1:CE yet, though I want to try it), and with Codemasters having made GRID and other games like that, I'm not hopeful about the results of them having the license.
 
I personally don't want this to become an F1 game. I would hate it. It would be cool to have all the 2008 F1 cars, and then the ones that matter historically. Maybe even a 60's F1 race or something like that. And then leave it at that :) All those teams that never mattered and never won don't deserve to be there anyway, PD could give us a lot of other interesting cars instead.

I would very much like the historic cars though! And I definitely want the Tyrrell P34 because it's such a freak car :D
 
All those teams that never mattered and never won don't deserve to be there anyway

Oh, that's not true! Everyone's got to love Minardi!

But I do agree, as much as I love F1, I wouldn't want Gran Turismo to be full of F1 cars. I think PD got it right in the NTSC version of GT3.
 
Having said that I hope they add some real old school cars. Those would be fun to race in. Like the Lancia/Ferrari D50 or the Cooper Climax.

hologram36.jpg


goodwood-1994-cooper-brabham-pdl-1.jpg


Or the People's car
post-42551-1187952548.jpg
 
^Please dont turn this into yet another wishlist, joke or not.

I personally don't want this to become an F1 game. I would hate it. It would be cool to have all the 2008 F1 cars, and then the ones that matter historically. Maybe even a 60's F1 race or something like that. And then leave it at that :) All those teams that never mattered and never won don't deserve to be there anyway, PD could give us a lot of other interesting cars instead.

I would very much like the historic cars though! And I definitely want the Tyrrell P34 because it's such a freak car :D

Hey, some of "those teams that never mattered and never won" did have some interesting cars, such as the Tyrrell you just mentioned. Most constructors did have a moment of glory somewhere in their history.
Anyway, I agree that they shouldn't focus on too many F1 cars, but then this is Gran Turismo and I don't we need to worry about that, Polyphony are never going to get rid of all the road cars or other race cars. I see this as a "goes without saying" type argument, PD clearly want to keep their game as a nice overview of general car history and focus mainly on the new cars and the varied race styles/driving styles. It isn't going to turn into an F1 game, it never will.

I hope one day in the future that Polyphony makes their own F1 game, like Tourist Trophy. Though it would make more sense to just make a more in depth F1 World Championship within GT rather than make a seperate game.

Bar mods for other games, I have yet see a Gran Turismo-type F1 game which has a complete or at least more in depth look at F1 history, rather than just sticking a couple of older cars in, like F1:CE did. So, why not have Gran Turismo with the historic F1 cars? Just like we got historic Group C cars in GT4, for example. I basically hope they continue to expand the historic side to Gran Turismo and expand the different race classes.

Perhaps this thread needs to be moved to the GT5 forum?
 
More F1 cars, eh? When did Sony's F1 licence run out? This year? If so, can they still licence 2008 cars? And also, can they licence older F1 cars? What are the policies on getting the licences for the older F1 cars, can they go straight to the manufacturers or teams, or is it like current F1 cars where they have to get a licence from the FIA?

The F1 licnece is for CURRENT F1 cars. So most liekly nothing from 08 until the 09 season begins. Now I'm noq 100% on this, but it should leave things open for all older F1 cars as long as they have the manufacures rights. So look forward to Toyota, BMW, Mercedes (maybe not due to the McLaren part) and all those beautiful classics!
 
Back