More freezing after PS3 Update 4.55

United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
The update has really annoyed me. Had difficulty updating the game for the first time and now I cannot get to the main screen. Every time I attempt to, (By watching the whole thing or skipping it) it freezes. I have never had this issue before the update but now, it happens every single time.

Worst I've experienced is some longer-than-normal wait times for offline races and seasonal event ranking issues. Before and after system update. It's an older (my nephew's, not sure how old) 160GB machine that likes to freeze when exiting the browser or Netflix too.

The update has really annoyed me. Had difficulty updating the game for the first time and now I cannot get to the main screen. Every time I attempt to, (By watching the whole thing or skipping it) it freezes. I have never had this issue before the update but now, it happens every single time.
I have the same problem. What we are supposed to do?
Thanks

Not sure what is happening, but ps3 has frozen 3 times since update in an online race. It does not happen off line. In the lobbies I am in, it seems like people are gettting bounced more than normal. It is not my connection, I have all the recommended settings : upnp, dmz, ethernet cable, good ping times, and very high bandwidth. Between this and the pit glitches on line, PD has messed up one of the main components of this game, on line racing. I hope it gets fixed as we are practicing for a 2.4 hour race at Silverstone in 2 weeks, it would be a shame to get bounced at the 2 hour mark.

disaster of an update... kept on disconnecting, not connecting and telling me my router doesn't work with my friends' when i race against them all the time... Great Job Sony!

I would back-up my save onto another hard drive and delete both of the saves from the PS3. Start up GT6 offline and see if it works with a new career/save. If it works, then do what you choose from there. If it doesn't work, I'd delete the game data and re-install the updates (keep the save from the external hard drive) with no saved data from GT6. You'll lose your replays and images, but I think you can just save the replays and export the images. Like I said though, do what you choose. If you feel the need to delete the game data, then do some research about the lost replays and saving then recovering them.

I cleaned my disc and that's what appeared to be the problem.
haha Whaaaat.

Edit -
I've only had my PS3 freeze once well over a month ago. I've had a couple of hangs as well.

After this update the loading times between screens are noticeably slower. They were just about seamless before the update.

I would back-up my save onto another hard drive and delete both of the saves from the PS3. Start up GT6 offline and see if it works with a new career/save. If it works, then do what you choose from there. If it doesn't work, I'd delete the game data and re-install the updates (keep the save from the external hard drive) with no saved data from GT6. You'll lose your replays and images, but I think you can just save the replays and export the images. Like I said though, do what you choose. If you feel the need to delete the game data, then do some research about the lost replays and saving then recovering them.

haha Whaaaat.

Edit -
I've only had my PS3 freeze once well over a month ago. I've had a couple of hangs as well.

After this update the loading times between screens are noticeably slower. They were just about seamless before the update.
I saved my savedata in a pendrive and i formatted my ps3. Then, i tried to reinstall gt6 but when i am in the screen on choosing my name (the first in the installation), it freezes too

I saved my savedata in a pendrive and i formatted my ps3. Then, i tried to reinstall gt6 but when i am in the screen on choosing my name (the first in the installation), it freezes too
Apparently, repeatedly clicking X and quickly selecting to update the game worked for 1.03? I believe.

Oh, so you mean you were able to update, but you still can't get through to the main page? If so, are you signed in or off of the PSN when you're choosing your name?

Edit -
I re-read what you last said about having to pick a name after the first update installs, so would it still be possible to sign off of the PSN as soon as the first update installs?

Apparently, repeatedly clicking X and quickly selecting to update the game worked for 1.03? I believe.

Oh, so you mean you were able to update, but you still can't get through to the main page? If so, are you signed in or off of the PSN when you're choosing your name?

Edit -
I re-read what you last said about having to pick a name after the first update installs, so would it still be possible to sign off of the PSN as soon as the first update installs?
Yes, i can sign out before the choice of the name

If i leave ps3 idle for more than 15 mins in an online lobby I'm guaranteed to freeze about 60%. No matter what I've tried doesn't fix it.

Make backups often from your PS3 game saves if you are running on SSD beware of those "three beep" crashes can brick your SSD, It did that to my SSD, broke/corrupt its Firmware and bricked it.
Three beep crashes and full tilt jams where you have left only long press on touch power button to get out from jam are deadly poison to SSD, it will make "sudden power loss" for SSD and some SSD's will corrupt Firmwares due that.

Now i installed update 1.04 and now i can go in but when i access to a race or to the garage it freezes all (even the music menu)

I'm also having problems with freezing online since the update. My PS3 is currently in DMZ mode and everything is fine as far as my internet connection goes. Online Seasonals: freezes, slow loading, ect. Other games work fine online. Never thought I'd say this, but with this and just the general sad state of the game, I'm about ready to just give up with GT until they pull their heads out of their asses and fix some of this crap...I'm getting tired of being a beta tester. NASCAR '14 comes out in a week, so I'll probably go back to my roots and start playing that until PD fixes this mess of a game.

Sorry, but I've stood behind this franchise through thick and then, I just can't take their ignorance much longer. Its time to 🤬 or get off the pot Kaz/PD, and you better do it quick and in a hurry. :mad:

Mine was also trouble free before the firmware update.

Now it gets stuck at the loading screen every once in a while.

Had this problem, I logged in on the computer, went to my account, play back settings, changed it to low...now it's all fixed on my ps3.

Stupid thing

I have an original launch fatty, the one with the sweet ass chrome trim as rednecks identify it. anyways, I've frozen up once or twice prior to this last patch. Those freezes were online in 16/16 drift lobbies when I would switch cars and immediately try to get back on track. Since this last update however, I freeze like its going out of style. This is the only game that does this. I find that clearing my cache every few hours helps out alot wether I'm on or offline. I know my system is getting old after 8 years of heavy use, and it'll soon be time to send her to techno jesus but this is definitely an issue that update fubar-patch caused.

Latest Posts

Back