More freezing after PS3 Update 4.55

The problem more than likely lies in your HDD, when it writes to it. Many people started experiencing freezes with GT6 and some patches not installing, having to do the hard reboot with firmware check up on restart. I had my PS3 do this once because I think I powered it off while it was saving and I wasn't paying attention. No freezes since though and my PS3 is a 3rd Gen Fat 2 usb no PS2 BC 160GB HDD. I do notice that games tend to run a bit slowly since my HDD is nearly full though, 11GB left I think. This system has been put through the ringer though abuse for about 6 years :cheers:.
Sony says that their OS for PS3 doesn't fragment, but who knows if that's true. All I know is when your HDD has less than 20 of 160 depending on the game your playing you will have some access time increases, honestly the drive is cluttered just like a crowded basement. Check your HDD space and HDD reliability, when you are installing patches and updates if the read/write processes are disturbed then all sorts of things can go wrong.
Remember everyone in each region gets the same patch, so if it only affects a few people it's not the patch it's more than likely your end causing the issue. If it were the patch/update everyone would have the exact same problem, since that is what the update/patch is designed to do, give the same uniform update/patch. Check everything on your end before grabbing your pitchforks and wanting blood.

Note a regional patch or update in which a very small portion of users experience issues are almost never the fault of the patch considering the patch is uniform. It's either in read/write to your system or your system config or system database inconsistencies, if the patch/update was the problem either it would have been pulled or another patch reverting it to previous state would be issued.

Only time mine has froze was updating to 1.03 (or which ever update you had to do right when it pops up) 3rd gen fat for me. (With firmware 4.55)

I've got a UK pre-order Fatty, but with a new 500GB HDD, and I've only had 2 or 3 freezes since release.

I have the digital download on the last version of the slim. If it freezes at the loading screen again I'm deleting it. Not worth the hassle. At least I got the platinum out of the way and since updates/content isn't forthcoming, 18 GB is not worth keeping even though I have a 640 GB Hitachi HDD with 270 GB free space. GT5 never gave this kind of trouble, I may just put it back on. No other game on my system freezes.

Game hung on the 2nd to last entry at Goodwood. First time i had turned on my PS3 today. Had to manual reset and now waiting for the file system to restore...again...games that crash, fair enough...but ones that - i assume - damage your file system every time is getting a bit serious for me personally now. I'm starting to wonder if i should ever fire up GT6 again, until this problem is fixed, for fear of it killing my PS3 :(

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 does this to PS3s also. What kind of coding is being used now by developers that breaks hardware:lol: I don't recall this ever happening to me before, within the limits of my own personal game collection anyway.

Any other games do this on PS3 ?

I assume it'd be a wise move to buy a new HD for my PS3 yea ? It's a slim, but it's still getting on a bit. I'm guessing that could be the most likely cause for these crashes ?

EDIT

omg, it's done it again immediately:eek: crashed exactly the same way :rolleyes:

Guys I race in Bathurst in free roam and when i exit from the track it starts loop in gt logo before loading the home screen and I press ps button to exit in XMb and it did three beeps and restarts. Is something to worry about?

Back