More Unbelievably Cool Digital Camera Fun

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 98 comments
  • 3,541 views
M5Power
I'm fairly sure regardless of where you're from, Mitsubishis aren't known for aging well. :)
:lol: So true!
 
M5Power
But have you seen the other nine? :p


Maserati 4200GT

Most likely no. I have not seen the newest SLK AMG model, the older SLK AMG model, the G55. I also cannot remember seeing any of the C-class AMG cars, although they're boring enough to not really care. I have seen an ML55; boring, yes, but I took mental note because I could not imagine why anyone would ever want one.

I'm being picky, but the 4200GT was never available in the North American market, it was always sold as the Maserati Coupe. Unless what you saw was an imported model... Speaking of which, the other day I saw an early to mid 80s BMW 325 imported from Europe, right hand drive style! I should keep my camera more handy, I guess I do see rare(r) cars fairly often.
 
It said V8 on the side. I have absolutely no knowledge of Maserati, nor could I care less, so whatever I saw you probably know more about than me. :)
 
You're right. There really isn't anything to get excited about at all, really. I personally think they're ugly.
 
Slick6
Today I saw some sort of Corolla Wagon with All-Trac. This thing looked at least pre-90's. Is this rare? I can't seem to find any pictures of one.

Not rare - well, not too rare.

Mentioned earlier in this thread. The picture you have is spot-on of what they look like; the vast majority are white. Sold from 1988 to 1992 as the Toyota Corolla All-Trac wagon in various trims. As I said earlier, they were actually used in part by rural mountainous postal workers so some have been ordered by the US government in native right-hand drive. I've seen just one like this. Otherwise, they were AWD wagons, like a normal that-gen Corolla wagon except the rear side windows were smaller to accomodate the all-wheel drive system. "All-Trac" is pasted in huge letters on the back, below the rear window. Interesting cars - fun in the snow - but slow. Rare, but not too rare indeed - I see one every week or two.

Good find though! They're cool cars!
 
That style of wagons were really popular in Japan. A lot of manufacturers made them, and many were AWD. It didn't get marketed for the States though. Maybe it was too weak and too small for America. :)
 
Here's something you don't see daily:









Mercedes S600 coupe


Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 - I swear these things are rare. I've seen two in the last two weeks! (and three in my entire life!)


Chevrolet Corvette Stingray


BMW Z8


Porshe 911 40th Anniversary Edition - they only built 1963 of these.


Mazda Miata MazdaSpeed


Mazda RX-7 III - still one of the best-looking cars ever built. :)
 
I wouldn't be to sure on the SL65.

I have a neighbor who bought his wife SL500 and himself a SL65 like that.

He's about 5 blocks over in our gated community. I'll check his house out tomorrow.

He owns those 2, a Navigator, and a BMW 7 series.
 
McLaren F1GTR
I wouldn't be to sure on the SL65.

That is an SL65, no doubt about it.
Nice 40th Porker, decent machine, no doubt about it.

The Z8 is still one of my favorite designs of all time. If rich people buy 100,000$ paintings, I'd buy a Z8 for the same reasons they buy their paintings. Simply gorgeous. I saw one Saturday, had a bride and groom drivign around with the 'Just Maried' signs flailing around on the tail.....
 
Oh god, the RX-7.....:drool: Must get license, so I can drive that piece of hot ass.
 
M5Power
It said V8 on the side. I have absolutely no knowledge of Maserati, nor could I care less, so whatever I saw you probably know more about than me. :)
I just realized why this was bothering me.
Maserati TC
It's rare-ish, it's stupid, shouldn't you love this thing?
 
eliseracer
That is an SL65, no doubt about it.
Nice 40th Porker, decent machine, no doubt about it.

The Z8 is still one of my favorite designs of all time. If rich people buy 100,000$ paintings, I'd buy a Z8 for the same reasons they buy their paintings. Simply gorgeous. I saw one Saturday, had a bride and groom drivign around with the 'Just Maried' signs flailing around on the tail.....
Guess I worded that wrong.

I meant was Not so sure on seeing them, not on the model.
My fault.
Sorry about that.
 
eliseracer
The Z8 is still one of my favorite designs of all time. If rich people buy 100,000$ paintings, I'd buy a Z8 for the same reasons they buy their paintings. Simply gorgeous. I saw one Saturday, had a bride and groom drivign around with the 'Just Maried' signs flailing around on the tail.....

Impossible to disagree with this statement. The Z8 is simply a beautiful car. I think the Ferrari 456 is still the best-styled car ever, but the Z8's in the top ten (perhaps the RX-7 III is in the top ten as well).

Emohawk
It's rare-ish, it's stupid, shouldn't you love this thing?

I love it, but remember, it was sold as a Chrysler, not a Maserati, even though its VIN did start with Z. These things are uncommon, but you do manage to see them around every so often if you're looking. Sold from 1988 to 1991; originally used Chrysler's 2.2-liter four-cylinder turbo (1988-1990) but later Chrysler's 3-liter V6 (1990-1991). Really all it was was a shortened version of the Chrysler LeBaron convertible with an optional hardtop, a higher base price ($33600 in 1989) and little else. Interesting cars indeed, and very cool. :)
 
...and has since been bought by MG in order to get its nose under the tent for its imminent USA re-entry. This particular car is also built in Italy, with the same exquisite finishing as the TC, but has a stubby body nowhere near as beautiful as that of the TC

Is this guy mental - or just blind. I'm no big fan of the MG SV's styling - but come on!

That TC is ugly (well, just plain really) even compared to the Maserati Biturbo of around the same time - at least it had a twin turbo V6
 

Attachments

  • tc.jpg
    tc.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 9
  • x80_03.jpg
    x80_03.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 10
Not one Ford GT eh? How many GTs did Ford build anyway? I'm guessing not very much? More important how many were sold... Well So far I've only seen one.. white with blue strips on the freeway aw it was gorgeous. I slowed down sped up and changed lanes just to see it from every angle. I sh ould've gave the old man thumbs up to see if he would gun it.
 
I6-4-eva
Not one Ford GT eh? How many GTs did Ford build anyway? I'm guessing not very much? More important how many were sold... Well So far I've only seen one.. white with blue strips on the freeway aw it was gorgeous. I slowed down sped up and changed lanes just to see it from every angle. I sh ould've gave the old man thumbs up to see if he would gun it.
I think there's quite a few.

I think the only GT with limited numbers is the Tungsten GT. Seen, looks like nice. Just has this certain paintjob on it.
 

Chevrolet Corvette Indy Pace Car - 1998


Volkswagen Phaeton


Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray badge


Ferrari 308 GTS



WHAT IS THIS VEHICLE? - have I done the unthinkable or were they all black and this is just a T-Type or something?
 
M5Power

Chevrolet Corvette Indy Pace Car - 1998


Volkswagen Phaeton


Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray badge


Ferrari 308 GTS



WHAT IS THIS VEHICLE? - have I done the unthinkable or were they all black and this is just a T-Type or something?
The 308 is beautiful. 👍
 
Purple Platypus
I've seen that car here in Cali before....it must really get around.
Actually, it's probably a Vette that has been painted that way.

There's a Vette here like that about 2 blocks away.
 
Purple Platypus
I've seen that car here in Cali before....it must really get around.

:lol: Every Indy, the manufacturer who does the pace car (GM since 1997) produces the pace car and many replicas. In the past, some pace cars were one-off but these days they build 500 or so and sell them at a premium. In all probability, it's not the real thing.

McLaren F1 GTR
The 308 is beautiful.

Got lucky on that picture - I had to speed through a school zone to catch it and then he changed into a slower lane and I got up next to him. Interesting part is it was a guy on a test drive - the passenger is the salesman. Originally I thought it was just two dealer employees taking the car for a spin (because who really test drives a 308?) but the passenger was going over the finer points of the 308 in my rearview mirror, so I guess the driver was planning to buy.
 
I could see the reasoning behind taking a 308 for a test drive, considering it is an old car. It may look pristine on the outside, but who knows what problems may lurk in the car's internal bits. But, if the driver appeared interested in buying, I'd guess it drove as good as it looks.
 
The thing is, he was like ten miles from the Ferrari dealer and about twenty from the dealer I think he came from. And I caught up to him on a two-lane residential road with no other cars on it! I don't know what was going on, really - but dealer demo plates and it looked like a test drive.
 
I'm gonna help you out, if you don't mind.

Saw this last night (along with an F40, Z8, Diablo, Esprit, etc etc etc)
 

Attachments

  • GTP1.jpg
    GTP1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 20
  • GTP2.jpg
    GTP2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 21
Dealer plates dude - is it at a dealer?
 
Dealer plates start with X. F plates are company cars. About half the cars on the road here have F plates.

In a parking lot.
 
Hmm - "X" is dealer, "F" is commercial. I'm surprised I got that wrong, but not too surprised since I've never been to Quebec and I haven't seen a car from there in several months.

Great picture by the way. :D
 
Thanks :)

The F40 was a dealer plate, so I guess that doesn't count. That thing sounds so amazing though.
 
Back