MorseMonkey Tuning Garage

United States
Alaska
TheBlackPotatoe
MM_Tuning_Garage.png

Hello everyone! I found this forum when I was searching for some decent tuning setups for different cars in Gran Turismo 7. I wanted to provide some more options to the community after dialing mine in. I look forward to learning more about the game and hope my knowledge and resources can be helpful to someone out there!

600 PP

AMG A45

Diablo GT

Countach

Enzo

Huayra

GR Supra RZ 20'

Corvette C7 14'

911 Carrera RS CS

High Speed Ring GT Cup Gr.4

AMG SLS Gr.4

700 PP

Nissan GT-R Nismo

800PP

Ford GT '17

CLK LM

787B

Last edited:
600 PP

AMG A45

AMG_A45.png

A decent but less popular competitor in the 600PP class. The high rear downforce helps keep the light rear end planted during acceleration. Very solid option for technical tracks.

AMG_A45_600_1.jpg

AMG_A45_600_2.jpg

AMG_A45_600_3.jpg

*Note: The gearbox will need to be set at 250kph and then have 6th gear adjusted.

Other items to match the tune:
Wide body
Aero (Front, side, wing)
Aftermarket wheels, 19inch (standard size), wide in width and offset

Last edited:
High Speed Ring GT Cup Gr.4

AMG SLS Gr.4

AMG_SLS_Gr4.png

The AMG SLS Gr.4 is a very stable RWD Gr.4 car. It is capable of easily winning the High Speed Ring GT Cup Gr.4 race. This is a very easy way to farm up credits to expand your garage in GT7 as you can earn 97,500 credits in about 6 1/2 minutes. As of Update 1.08 the HSR GT Cup isn't as profitable, but still easy and fun. You can boost with nitrous on the first straight to easily gain 1st place and eliminate the chance of bumping the AI cars and losing the 50% clean race bonus. Using a bit of nitrous out of the last corner on each lap you can expect around 1:15 laps, down to 1:13-1:14 depending on your nitrous usage. I have also tested it in other Gr.4 races and it does very well on tracks with long straights.

AMG_SLS_630_1.jpg

AMG_SLS_630_2.jpg

AMG_SLS_630_3.jpg

*Note: The gearbox will need to be set at 270kph and then have 6th gear adjusted.

Last edited:
700 PP

Nissan GT-R Nismo

GTR_Nismo.png

Truly deserving of its title "Godzilla", the Nissan GT-R Nismo can result in one of the most enjoyable driving cars in the game when pushed to 700PP. Originally built and tuned for the Nissan GT-R Cup, this beast is capable on any track with insane levels of grip and a top speed nearing 200mph. If racing in the Nissan GT-R Cup it will pass most AI on the first lap (track dependent). It can easily run around Deep Forest Raceway in under 1:30 and lap the Tokyo Expressway East in under 2:00. Extremely enjoyable car to drive.

GTR_700_1.jpg

GTR_700_2.jpg

GTR_700_3.jpg

*Note: The gearbox will need to be set at 300kph and then have 6th gear adjusted.

Wide body
Aero (Front, side, rear, custom wing)
Aftermarket wheels, 20inch (standard size), wide in width and offset
Roll cage

Last edited:
These vehicles all have a widebody, if applicable, and aftermarket wheels that are wider in width and offset. That could be making the difference.

These vehicles all have a widebody, if applicable, and aftermarket wheels that are wider in width and offset. That could be making the difference.

Thanks for replying.

I'm a fairly new player and completely new to tuning.

Is widebody generally a good thing / worth it?

Of course. From what I've researched there is still mixed information if widebodies actually increase anything in the game for now or if it is simply cosmetic. The aero parts allows increased downforce (as I imagine you figured out to match the tune) which increases the cars traction.

Tried the nismo 700pp setup in the Nissan cafe races and it just feels amazingly planted and fast. I was surprised to see how expensive the build actually is, but then I saw it actually was beating gt3 cars in the wtc700 champ so it worked out in the end. Great job Morse, maybe add a section with estimated setup cost if you can in the future :D.

Last edited:
You need to use custom aero wing to be able to adjust aero as far as I remember. If you use the oem wing I don’t think you can do adjustments.

I want to try this setup for the GT-R but it’s not letting me adjust downforce?
EverRed is correct. I added on the custom wing as well as other aero parts (front, side, and rear aero) to adjust the downforce. Additionally, as I mentioned, it has a wide body and aftermarket wheels (wide in stance and offset). These modifications will allow you to match the tune correctly.

800 PP

Ford GT '17

Ford_GT.png

Performance is what you expect for a near 800PP road car. It is a joy to drive and handles very well. More power could be added to get it closer to the top of the class but I feel it is very balanced where it is at; it could potentially lead to an unstable, tail-happy car. Even where the power level is at you must treat the Ford GT with respect. This car is mostly used for the Trial Mountain Cup and the occasional joy ride but it could be more useful as GT introduces more races in the higher PP classes.

Ford_GT_800_1.jpg

Ford_GT_800_2.jpg

Ford_GT_800_3.jpg

Wide body
Aero (Front, side, custom wing)
Aftermarket wheels, 20inch (standard size), wide in width and offset

Last edited:
Please help a little a newbie. All aftermarket wheels give the same bonus? Does it matter which one you choose? What aftermarket wheels are you using? Thx.

Of course. From what I've researched there is still mixed information if widebodies actually increase anything in the game for now or if it is simply cosmetic. The aero parts allows increased downforce (as I imagine you figured out to match the tune) which increases the cars traction.
Thank you so much i know what car I'm getting in near future. The Nissan GT-R R35 is a great beast of a car in GT6 my go to car. For the credits it's by far the best good to see its great in GT7 to.:) That beast i would win races vs the full race cars.

Please help a little a newbie. All aftermarket wheels give the same bonus? Does it matter which one you choose? What aftermarket wheels are you using? Thx.
From my experience it seems that different brands/styles don't affect the weight (and therefore handling or PP) but different sizes of wheels will affect the car somehow at least because it is reflected by a PP change. I am not completely sure at this point yet if some cars are affected differently than others. I use an aftermarket wheel that looks aesthetically pleasing and I generally tend to stick to OEM size.

Last edited:
Just to add some updated information to my previous post, it seems that some cars are affected differently with aftermarket wheels. Some cars will only change PP if the width/offset are increased while others will change based solely off wheel diameter. However I have not found an instance where the wheel brand/style affect PP so this decision will be personal preference and taste. I updated previous tunes and will include the information with future tunes on exact modifications and wheel choices to match exactly.

800PP

CLK LM

CLK_LM.png

After driving the CLK LM you will realize why it is so highly valued in the game and in real life. It has excellent performance for a Gr. 2 car and can be slightly detuned to dominate the 800 PP class. This tune can be used on many tracks but it was focused on being set up for the Sardegna Road Track as it is one of the safest and most profitable races as of Update 1.11. For this race, change your fuel setting to 4 at the beginning of the race and pit on the 5th and 10th laps. I change my tires once at the lap 10 pit. With this setup you will lap most of the AI before the race is over.

CLK_LM_800_1.jpg

CLK_LM_800_2.jpg

CLK_LM_800_3.jpg

*Note: The gearbox will need to be set at 270kph and then have 6th gear adjusted.

Last edited:
800PP
Update: 1.13​
787B

787B.png

The renowned 787B. Perhaps the most glorious implementation of a Wankel engine in a car. The screaming 4 rotor motor must be tuned down to fit within the class restrictions but it has no problem easily overtaking opponents. Even with its high revving engine it is still very fuel efficient. While it is not the raw beast of a race car compared to its stock Gr. 1 settings, it is probably one of the fastest 800PP cars.

787B_800_1.jpg

787B_800_2.jpg

787B_800_3.jpg

*Note: The gearbox will need to be set to a final drive of 3.160, then adjust the automatic top speed to 290kph and then adjust the 5th gear to match.

Sardegna Road Track 800PP race guide: Set fuel setting to 2 at the beginning of the race. Pit at the end of lap 8 and change the tires and refuel as necessary (use the refuel suggestion that is incorporated into the game; will require approximately 80-85% fuel to finish). Using this setup and strategy you can expect 1:36-1:37 lap times with a total race time around 25 minutes. As of update 1.12 this will result in a race win of 727,500cr with clean bonus which is an hourly rate of 1,746,000cr.

Last edited:
Great de-tune on the 787B for Sardegna, almost shaved off a whole minute on total time compared to the CLK-LM!
Beautiful car.
Thank you! Yes, the 787B at this level is much faster for the Sardegna race. It is able to get slightly faster lap times and is far more fuel efficient, only requiring 1 refuel instead of 2. However, even though it may be an automotive sin, I think that the 787B isn't as fun to drive. Something about the CLK-LM on this circuit just feels perfectly dialed in. I switch between the 2 depending on if I am strictly grinding credits or just wanting to enjoy the experience.

Yes I agree, the 787B is a Gr.1 car and it shows in this comparison of de-tunes, the CLK is a much more relaxed drive overall on the Sardegna :)

600PP
Diablo GT

Diablo_GT.png

This legendary supercar does not disappoint. I originally built this tune to create a competitive RWD car for the Tokyo Expressway World Touring Car 600 race. It demolishes the competition on this circuit and is equally strong in other 600PP races. Probably the most stable and predictable RWD car in this class; performs much better than the PP and performance numbers would suggest. Extremely enjoyable car to drive and the exotic Lamborghini V12 scream is just superb.

Diablo_GT_600_1.jpg

Diablo_GT_600_2.jpg

Diablo_GT_600_3.jpg

*Note: The gearbox will need to be set to a final drive of 3.260, then adjust the automatic top speed to 300kph, and finally adjust the 5th gear to match.

Aero (Front, side, custom wing)
Aftermarket wheels, 18 inch (standard size), wide in width and offset.

Tokyo Expressway World Touring Car 600 race guide: Leave fuel setting on 1 the entire race. Pit at the end of lap 7 and change tires and refuel as necessary (use the refuel suggestion that is incorporated into the game; will require approximately 65% fuel to finish). It can manage a best lap of 2:09 towards the end but hold consistent 2:10-2:11 laps while the track is still wet. Total race time will be approximately 27 minutes. As of update 1.12 this will result in a race win of 825,000cr with clean bonus which is an hourly rate of 1,833,333cr.

Last edited:
600PP

Countach

Countach.png

With its revolutionary design and performance it is easy to see how the Countach achieved its legendary status. This tune, like the Diablo, was created to win the Tokyo Expressway World Touring Car 600 race. It has a slightly more raw and classic feel to it, more true to its original form. While it may not handle as tightly as the Diablo it has a higher top speed and can produce equivalent lap times. The Countach must be driven with the respect it deserves and doing so will reward you with a pleasurable experience.

Countach_600_1.jpg

Countach_600_2.jpg

Countach_600_3.jpg

*Note: The gearbox will need to be set to a final drive of 3.220, then adjust the automatic top speed to 300kph, then finally adjust the 5th gear to match.

Aero (Front, side, type A wing)
Aftermarket wheels, 16 inch (1 in. larger than standard size), wide in width and offset.

Tokyo Expressway World Touring Car 600 race guide: Like the Diablo, leave fuel setting on 1 the entire race. Pit at the end of lap 7 and change tires and refuel as necessary (use the refuel suggestion that is incorporated into the game; will require approximately 70% fuel to finish). It can manage a best lap of 2:09 and hold consistent 2:10 laps while the track is still wet. Total race time will be approximately 27 minutes. As of update 1.12 this will result in a race win of 825,000cr with clean bonus which is an hourly rate of 1,833,333cr.

600PP
Enzo

Enzo.png

While not as thrilling in its detuned form the Enzo is a very strong car for 600PP races. It is a very stable RWD car that is forgiving even when pushed to its limits. Another example of a car that is excellent despite the PP and performance numbers. While not cheap in the game you may forgive yourself after driving a few laps.

Enzo_600_1.jpg

Enzo_600_2.jpg

Enzo_600_3.jpg

*Note: The gearbox will need to be set to a final drive of 3.850, then adjust the automatic top speed to 300kph, and finally adjust the 6th gear to match.

Type A wing
Aftermarket wheels, 19 inch (standard size), wide in width and offset.

Tokyo Expressway World Touring Car 600 race guide: Leave fuel setting on 1 the entire race. Pit at the end of lap 7 and change tires and refuel as necessary (use the refuel suggestion that is incorporated into the game; will require approximately 65% fuel to finish). It can manage a best lap of 2:09 towards the end but hold consistent 2:10-2:11 laps while the track is still wet. Total race time will be approximately 27 minutes. As of update 1.12 this will result in a race win of 825,000cr with clean bonus which is an hourly rate of 1,833,333cr.

Last edited:
your tuning thread has got me grinding the Tokyo Expressway with the Tomahawk X back again to get these new cars and trying out the tunes. Thanks for sharing.

your tuning thread has got me grinding the Tokyo Expressway with the Tomahawk X back again to get these new cars and trying out the tunes. Thanks for sharing.
No problem, hope you enjoy them! I really enjoy repeating the Tokyo 600 race. It is slightly better credits per hour compared to Sardegna and the wet to drying road adds a little extra difficulty/flavor to the race.

Back