Mosler MT900 GTR "Landshark"

How long do you figure it might be until she's back on the road?

Also, did you paint something on the hood or is there a red car reflecting off of it? I'm torn because it almost looks abstract enough to be intentional.

LOL! I didn't notice that, but it's a reflection. The shop owner took the picture and emailed it to me a bit ago so I have no idea what is in the reflection.

It's getting to be cold season... It may be complete by the holidays, but I'm not pushing until early spring.

FYI - The truck in the background is hooked up to their hub mount dyno. They build unbelievable turbo vehicles of all shapes and sizes. A Jeep Cherokee they built just ran 180 in the 1/2 mile this past weekend. It's still all wheel drive and looks bone stock except for wheels, tires, brakes and a "hidden" intercooler. The owner drove it four hours to the run, ran 180, then drove it home four hours. Wow!

To tell you the truth I'm not sure about the master cylinder and would have to ask the shop for a true answer. The car was already equipped with 6-pot calipers so it may be fine. Also, the car has an adjustable proportioning valve located right by the driver's right knee inside the cockpit so once it's back on the road we should be able to dial the braking in very nicely. At the wheels the change to carbon required new spindles as well as the rotors, calipers, and pads.

One thing we've recently decided to add to the mix is traction control. The car should weigh under 2,000 lbs. and with the power we expect to send to the rear wheels we feel it's prudent to let the computer assist in maintaining traction under strong acceleration.

To tell you the truth I'm not sure about the master cylinder and would have to ask the shop for a true answer. The car was already equipped with 6-pot calipers so it may be fine. Also, the car has an adjustable proportioning valve located right by the driver's right knee inside the cockpit so once it's back on the road we should be able to dial the braking in very nicely. At the wheels the change to carbon required new spindles as well as the rotors, calipers, and pads.

One thing we've recently decided to add to the mix is traction control. The car should weigh under 2,000 lbs. and with the power we expect to send to the rear wheels we feel it's prudent to let the computer assist in maintaining traction under strong acceleration.
So do you have individual wheel speed sensors to enable you to have traction control?

Engine.jpeg

So the long block is back from the builder and awaiting final assembly and installation!

I know this is old as heck but I've been way absent from GTP due to work and life.

So.

1970 Riv, 1972 GS Stage 1, 1969 GS Stage 1, and a pic of my 1970 with my two brothers 1971 and a 1972 Rivi's on the way to the National Riviera Meet. We thought the shop name made a cool picture so we did a U-Turn!!

Yeah, holy hell.

Back