Mosler MT900 GTR "Landshark"

Back when NASCAR engines were regularly exceeding 10k RPM at tracks like Martinsville many doubted it was possible, even when seeing it happen.

Smokey Yunick played around with carbon fiber push rods, they would shatter spectacularly too often to be viable back then though.

With Redlines dropping in everyday cars due to emissions I see no reason to deride them, DOHC seems superfluous with a sub 6k cutoff.

Actually, I think he has his hands full with the Mosler - the Bu'Wicked can wait imo.

IMG_1892.JPG
IMG00130-20090613-1112.jpg
Left Front1.JPG
Left Rear1.JPG
IMG00018-20100623-1108.jpg

Wow, what an amazing collection of cars you have and also a big wow on the Mosler! I never thought I would find one of those showing up in the "member's rides" section of this site. Still though, very amazing! 👍

This just might be the best car on GTPlanet, period.

To think that the original owner got banned over it... :lol: Wouldn't this technically be the car bypassing its ban?

Wheel Barrel.PNG
Interesting. Any issue with the Dymags or just after a different style?

The shop doing the work on the car was able to speak with Jacob Mosler himself. Jacob is very active with the brand and supports them for both racing and street use. Jacob relayed some experience that the Dymags wouldn't hold up to the sharp hits you get on the street such as from a pothole. He had seen fatigue cracking and other damage to street used Dymags that developed over time and could potentially lead to a sudden catastrophic failure. He wasn't aware of any specific failures and our wheels showed no damage. However, considering the age of the wheels and the advances in carbon fiber technology since 2004 we had to consider the possibility of such a catastrophic failure.

Even a the failure of a wheel at legal highway speeds could cause significant and very costly damage to the car. More importantly, since we plan to run the car in 1/2 mile and possibly full mile speed runs we were concerned of what could happen in the event of a sudden failure at very high speed. We expect to see the mid 200's or more so safety takes precedence. One more item of note, the Dymags utilized 1/2" spacers on the rear while Forgeline was able to manufacture to our exact offset requirements and eliminate the spacers.

In the end, we went the safe and prudent route and purchased the Forgelines. Both the Dymag and Forgeline wheels are carbon barrels with forged aluminum centers and look similar. Appearance was important as we wanted to maintain the same basic look of the car through the refresh and upgrade process.

Finally, prior to final assembly Forgeline sent the barrels to us and we had the carbon fiber sprayed with a matte pearl finish to tone down the high gloss a bit. The barrels were then returned to Forgeline and they installed the centers with the custom machined Mosler logo center caps. Forgeline liked the look and you may see the matte pearl finish as an option on the Forgeline site in the future.

More info as it happens.

Peace all!

View attachment 665501

The shop doing the work on the car was able to speak with Jacob Mosler himself. Jacob is very active with the brand and supports them for both racing and street use. Jacob relayed some experience that the Dymags wouldn't hold up to the sharp hits you get on the street such as from a pothole. He had seen fatigue cracking and other damage to street used Dymags that developed over time and could potentially lead to a sudden catastrophic failure. He wasn't aware of any specific failures and our wheels showed no damage. However, considering the age of the wheels and the advances in carbon fiber technology since 2004 we had to consider the possibility of such a catastrophic failure.

Even a the failure of a wheel at legal highway speeds could cause significant and very costly damage to the car. More importantly, since we plan to run the car in 1/2 mile and possibly full mile speed runs we were concerned of what could happen in the event of a sudden failure at very high speed. We expect to see the mid 200's or more so safety takes precedence. One more item of note, the Dymags utilized 1/2" spacers on the rear while Forgeline was able to manufacture to our exact offset requirements and eliminate the spacers.

In the end, we went the safe and prudent route and purchased the Forgelines. Both the Dymag and Forgeline wheels are carbon barrels with forged aluminum centers and look similar. Appearance was important as we wanted to maintain the same basic look of the car through the refresh and upgrade process.

Finally, prior to final assembly Forgeline sent the barrels to us and we had the carbon fiber sprayed with a matte pearl finish to tone down the high gloss a bit. The barrels were then returned to Forgeline and they installed the centers with the custom machined Mosler logo center caps. Forgeline liked the look and you may see the matte pearl finish as an option on the Forgeline site in the future.

More info as it happens.

Peace all!
I think I've said it before & at the risk of repeating myself, I'm going to say it again.

I just love the way near enough or, second best just doesn't cut it with you.

Also, well done to Forgeline for stepping up to the plate & being totally professional.

Brakes Installed 171018.JPG

Hi all!

The 17" carbon ceramic brakes from Racing Brake Performance Brakes are nearly complete. The rear clamshell has been modified to better fit the induction and intercooler once back in place. The engine is nearly complete and should be reinstalled in the next few weeks. Progress!!

Back