Most amazing crashes you've seen/been in, online/offline?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 56 comments
  • 6,949 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
I was doing 10 laps on de la sarthe offline with rain, no aids, realistic grip, and heavy damage.
Anyway, I came into the straight before he first chicane, and I could not see anything beyond all the mist being sprayed at my car. Suddenly the rear end of the FGT40 emerges from the mist and I slam into him while still on the straight. He wobbles and then hits the viper next to him just before spinning out. The viper then swerves into the wall and spins. At the same time, I swerve to the right and trying to correct the car as I bounce from wall to wall.

Saved the replay.
 
hehe

my worst was in an a-spec race when i got my line badly wrong coming into the chicane at the end of trial mountain. was surprised to then get the rollover trophy :)

i've also caused an embarrassing 3 car pile-up online by going for a gap after the long chicane in SSR5 that wasn't really there. the guys had voice-chat on so i got some abuse >_<
 
The funniest crashes are always when you hit that corner right before the straight to the finish line on Trial Mountain. My car always rolls around a few times and is standing vertically for a second before finally coming down. I recommend you try it
 
Offline race, American champ, Daytona road-course, i got the SVT Cobra on confort soft tires. I lost control when pushing too soon on the gas after the last chicane. I was able to maintain a drift a long time in the long corner but been hit by a random muscle car then hit the wall, doing 360-flip then hit by a full-speed going Camaro causin me to fly around more. Guess what? I didn't win this one! Saved the replay.
 
If you guys want some awesome crashes, go to an arcade mode professional level race with a Red Bull X2010. There will be 15 other people driving variants of this car. Have fun!
 
boredgunner
If you guys want some awesome crashes, go to an arcade mode professional level race with a Red Bull X2010. There will be 15 other people driving variants of this car. Have fun!

This make me think about a curious thing regarding arcade mode. I did a pro level race on daytona speedway with my Veyron. The 15 other cars were all the Citroen Concept car. All white. Weird.
 
Going through any wall online/offline. Those crashes are what makes GT5 collector's dreams come true!
 
Here are two that I saved. The front wheel goes right through the front of the lower car and the back one into the driver's ear.


crash2.jpg

This one was for the trophy of falling objects.

crash1.jpg
[/IMG]​
 
best crashes i had were while playing the GT5 Demo at the store. the final GT5 is different


See what i mean

Notice the sparks & real time damage

 
I haven't managed to get one car to roll over another like the great pic of those Schwimmwagens, but here's a couple of my better (a.k.a. spectacularly unrealistic) crashes - both are "offline", taken while doing "one-make races" trying to take pictures for the Photomode competition here a couple of weeks ago...

crashviper.jpg

crashmiata.jpg


Enjoy!

Peace...
 
Click for full:













I just love how the driver here looks straight ahead 👍
 
I had the most unrealistic and dramatic crash on Indy (I think), the last of the Nascar circuit. I was tapped from behind coming out of the 2nd turn (towards the long straightaway) flipped in the air, and spun - no word of a lie - into the infield and along the entire length of the straightaway. I must have done 20 or 25 circles along the way. I just let go of my wheel, put my foot on the break and waited for it to stop. The car finally came to a rest on the start of the next turn (still on the infield) and the other cars had completed about half a lap while I was spinning.
 
Offline, NASCAR, Daytona. I don't remember if it was completely my fault or the bush-league AI's that are always wrecking me from behind in that race, but I ended up airborne almost over the curved-top fencing...straight up vertical with the front end facing the sky...doing SEVERAL spins like a figure skater as the remainder of the pack roared by underneath me. Did not get lucky and get falling objects, but saved the replay...
 
I remember playing in a online free run server, i was in a C63 AMG and some other guys were in some other random super cars, we were playing tag/etc, and i was chasing a guy (No TCS was on) then he hit a patch of dirt on the straight after the Mulsanne straight on Circuit de la Sarthe, then he spun out taking me and the other guys out at about 200 MPH (I was redlining my C63 in 7th gear at 190 MPH), it was an epic crash, if only the physics in online were like offline.
 
Two days ago, at Trial Mountain, while testing my ACR Viper for transmission tuning, I misjudged the turn, went off that little hill on the right, and did a perfect barrel roll. I mean PERFECT. Left the ground, did one complete barrel roll, and landed back perfectly on the wheels. Saved the replay; just need to upload it.
 


I just love how the driver here looks straight ahead 👍

Lmao, thats hillarious.

The worst I've seen would have been offline during the Nascar A-Spec around Daytona. One of the cars sideswiped me causing me to go into a spin. I ended up spinning everywhere taking out another 3 cars. Which, in turn, resulted in pretty much the rest of the pack being taken out. Its not fun when its a 10 (15? 20? Someone can correct this for me haha) lap race, and its getting towards the end.
 
I had quite a good one last night in an R8 5.2 FSI at Trial Mountain. I started at the back of the grid, hit the brakes on cold tyres, 180'd and steamed backwards through the pack without hitting a single one of them.

If I HAD hit them I don't think anyone would have believed that it wasn't deliberate... :(
 
earlier last week i was using my at the time stock Clio in the seasonal race.. i had messed up quite badly so i was making a last minute charge thru the pack at La sarthe.. we came up to the last set of chicanes and because it was an offline race i figured id just save myself some time (because i was grinding) and cut it.. unfortunately.. i did not see the Renault 5 setting up to take it properly.. so the Clio came roaring in at a little more than 120 as the 5 cut across its path at less than half that pace, and the two cars met.. violently.. i smacked the quarter panel of the 5, blew it off the road.. kept going at maybe 90 and when i looked in the rearview mirror all i saw was this epic pileup.. the 5 crossed the line 12th, from 1st. i saved the replay.. i have to see what happened later now that i have time
 
Last edited:
Ouch... Offline, earlier today. I was racing Citroen C4's with my gf. She braked over the one jump, while I kept going full bore. I landed on top of her car, tried to get off... and rolled the sucker 6 times trying to get off. Never turn the wheel left, then gun it when on top of another car...
 
ouch... Offline, earlier today. I was racing citroen c4's with my gf. She braked over the one jump, while i kept going full bore. I landed on top of her car, tried to get off... And rolled the sucker 6 times trying to get off. Never turn the wheel left, then gun it when on top of another car...

hahaha
 
I love GT5, but unfortunately one of the things i think it is missing is spectacular crashes...
 
In the Lambo events I rolled my Gallardo about 6 times on the last corner, last lap. I was in second, finished 9th. :D
 
In the Lambo events I rolled my Gallardo about 6 times on the last corner, last lap. I was in second, finished 9th. :D

Your car did 6 revolutions whilst rolling over ?
 
Have you ever been "kicked" to the pits? I was racing with my lambo SV in the "Trial Mountain" and in the last s turn (1st round) and while being second the third got launched, landed on my right and sent me directly to the pits. Ain't this bad luck or what?
 
Have you ever been "kicked" to the pits? I was racing with my lambo SV in the "Trial Mountain" and in the last s turn (1st round) and while being second the third got launched, landed on my right and sent me directly to the pits. Ain't this bad luck or what?

Happens alot on online Nascar races and it's funny listening to the people yell over the mic "THEY KNOCKED ME INTO F----N PIT LANE" as 8 other cars are spinning around in the infield. I feel bad for the guys driving auto cause the tyres just spin and spin and thus the car keeps spinning.
 
In the Lambo events I rolled my Gallardo about 6 times on the last corner, last lap. I was in second, finished 9th. :D

cutting the chicane in the Nurburg lambo event can lead to some great crashes. My gallardo jumped over another lambo, and hit the rear end which caused it to fly and flip like crazy. I landed in the sand way past the turn.

and... this thread is useless without videos... to bad i dont have a vid of that one either.
 
+1, I think that videos of epic crashes will make this thread a lot more interesting. I'll upload mine soon.
 
last night was a pretty funny one.. i took out my oldest Enzo for an online spin at a Daytona track day.. to see if the car felt any different from the younger one.. as in looser.. (it felt a little loser than the yellow car, but the more broken in type loose, and the broken in V12 used every mph of speed the stock box could crank out, the car did 217 down the back straight, an Enzo is a riot in the right place) but anyway, i had chosen to do the daytona outlap merge properly, as in go in the shoulder by turns 1 and 2 at about 120, hit the back stretch shoulder, punch it in there, and pull out once the Enzo got up a good head of steam, so i was on the back stretch, and the Enzo hit 175, so i pulled out, right as i did, i checked the rear view, there were 3 faster cars back there but i could tell the Enzo was going to outaccelerate them very soon, so i didnt move, however these clowns made the biggest mistake you could make at daytona, running 3 wide out of the turn 2 banking on bad connection, the one guy up high wanted to get away from the wall, and the guy running inside wanted to get higher.. so they crossed over.. unfortunately for them, the third car was right there between them, the bottom guy crossed and promptly took himself out via putting himself in the wall on that cars bumper.. upsetting the middle car a little, but then the top guy crossed down at the same time and hit the middle car again, PITting himself, smacking the middle car pretty good.. and sending both him and the middle car off into the grass. because the middle guys connection was bad he looked like it was fine initially.. but then eventually it caught up to him and he went off into the weeds, it was kind of hysterical.. especially because every time i outlapped after that someone would wreck.
Later on a GT LM Spec II spun and was Tboned full tilt by a dodge ram, and other vehicular carnage of this sort, not pleasant stuff
 
Flipped my X1 then spinning around the straights.
 
Back