Most challenging car to handle?

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 63 comments
Finland
Finland
OdeFinn
Hi,

What's your opinion of most challenging car to handle in game?

Appreciating if you can explain a bit of your choice, why it's giving a challenge.

I'm going to test few cars and like to hit directly on "hardest" ones, that's why asking this.

Thanks in advance!

La Ferrari with the TC / ESC off and on road tyres, not because it's a bad handling car, but because it's broken in the game.
Oh.. Wasn't searching broken ones, but doesn't hurt to know those also.

On aids side you're on right path for me, not going to use any of them.

More likely cars like YB was on GT6.

Bah.. i drove laferrari yesterday with oem set-up and It was fine with ABS only and awesome with TCS.

Porsche 962c is unlike its competitors. I feel it to be twitchy and requires the driver to really lift off throttle to catch a slide. In general it just feels awkward to me. Also the Corvette Z06 at launch on the PS4 was super difficult. The rear end would just go on throttle but not in the way I'd expect. Like the 962c, instead of sliding the rear it feels more like the rear pushes the front of the car away from corner exit. It's one of the oddest displays of oversteer. Unlike any other road car or race car I've driven in game.

Im only now im starting to put proper hours into it and the first race of the Sports Car lites in the Radical SR8 at Donington is near impossible to drive.

And this is just tier 6 god knows how hard its going to get once start moving even further up the the tiers.

Porsche 962c is unlike its competitors. I feel it to be twitchy and requires the driver to really lift off throttle to catch a slide. In general it just feels awkward to me. Also the Corvette Z06 at launch on the PS4 was super difficult. The rear end would just go on throttle but not in the way I'd expect. Like the 962c, instead of sliding the rear it feels more like the rear pushes the front of the car away from corner exit. It's one of the oddest displays of oversteer. Unlike any other road car or race car I've driven in game.

Have you tried turning the spool differential off? You have to change the entire setup to accommodate for the spool if you're using default.

La Ferrari with the TC / ESC off and on road tyres, not because it's a bad handling car, but because it's broken in the game.
Nope, its not.

First are you running it with the OEM setting or not?

Are you aware that this car, along with hyper cars of this nature are built to be driven with the driver aids switched on, as attempting to do so, on road tyres without them is asking for a car that is going to try and spit you off the track.

Have you tried turning the spool differential off? You have to change the entire setup to accommodate for the spool if you're using default.
Have only driven the 962 with the Stable setup, haven't really messed with setup work. I'm going to continue to practice with it but I pretty much prefer the other Group C cars as they're more forgiving and quicker out of the box.

Nope, its not.

First are you running it with the OEM setting or not?

Are you aware that this car, along with hyper cars of this nature are built to be driven with the driver aids switched on, as attempting to do so, on road tyres without them is asking for a car that is going to try and spit you off the track.
Which leads to an even deeper discussion of why do they continue to increase the power on super cars when none of that power is ever really used? At one point 400HP was enough to feel the acceleration outweigh the heaviness of the car itself. Then it became 500, 600, 700, what's the damn point?

On topic: I'm really surprised the Radical SR8 is hard to handle as it was super easy before the last patch. I too noticed it's a bit more twitchy than usual.

Which leads to an even deeper discussion of why do they continue to increase the power on super cars when none of that power is ever really used? At one point 400HP was enough to feel the acceleration outweigh the heaviness of the car itself. Then it became 500, 600, 700, what's the damn point?
Indeed.

On topic: I'm really surprised the Radical SR8 is hard to handle as it was super easy before the last patch. I too noticed it's a bit more twitchy than usual.
Not tried it since the patch, will have to give it a go.

Well, broken or not, decided to check this, after all everything should be just downhill after this.. Lol

OEM setup, all aids disabled, and Caterham at knockhill for FFB setup as warm-up for game, FOV/SEAT etc are still out of frame..
Few walls and lap with LaFerrari on Nordschleife:

The V8SC, now that the Spool Diff is locked on, is incredibly challenging. Run it at Ruapuna and see if you can even make 10 laps without spinning. It's certainly not in the running for the "most" challenging overall in the game, but it's a right near the top of the most challenging race cars, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Now it seems like I have few cars on list to check, biggest challenge on this game is cranking FFB to work in a way which gives you good balance of everything. Too easy to put settings on way where they exaggerate or nullify too much actual happenings on car and handling becomes nightmare.

Well Porsche is just fun.. It and Jag doesn't like much curbs.. :)

First run, zero retry attempts.

Whats your FOV settings? Really liking that view. Have you moved the seat much closer to the windscreen?

Also you gotta try that Radical 8 at Donnington ;)

Whats your FOV settings? Really liking that view. Have you moved the seat much closer to the windscreen?

Also you gotta try that Radical 8 at Donnington ;)
Well.. I map buttons on keyboard end just moved a lot, probably max to back and bit up, that was with Caterham seven. FOV.. Checking.. 60°. Not happy yet, but not far.

Donington is new to me, gonna first put it on Nordschleife, then checking Donington.

Edit: Jag, on last sector had really demanding yell from bathroom.. "daddyyyyy!" :)

Better drink a muscle milk and hang on when the turbo spools up. Christ.

15830453904_98aed3a50e_b.jpg

Okay something severly must of been up with my game the other night. Tonight i also thought id take the Radical 8 round the ring and to my amazement it handled beautifully! So went back to career mode and back to Donny expecting not to be able to take a single corner with constant spinning out but tonight the car is glued to the road with zero spins and lap times 4 seconds quicker.

Had to be a bug a couple of night ago as the thing on sms stable setup was completely uncontrollable.

Okay something severly must of been up with my game the other night. Tonight i also thought id take the Radical 8 round the ring and to my amazement it handled beautifully! So went back to career mode and back to Donny expecting not to be able to take a single corner with constant spinning out but tonight the car is glued to the road with zero spins and lap times 4 seconds quicker.

Had to be a bug a couple of night ago as the thing on sms stable setup was completely uncontrollable.
Dunno about that stable setup, I have tested only loose if car doesn't have OEM.
On loose radical can bite on downshifting, or too rapid throttle movement.

Have you already tried the Mercedes 300sl W194 with some speed.
Nope, adding to list.
I bought game yesterday, drove controller setup with Caterham seven at knockhill and rest of my driving is up there (minus few wall crash runs).
Testing with authentic tire wear, no aids at all (no tc/abs or so), no automatic clutch, H-shifter when no paddles on car, using clutch (which seems to be bugged on game, allows shifting without it on manual H also).
Stock tires and stock OEM setup, if no OEM available then stock Loose setup.

Nope, adding to list.
I bought game yesterday, drove controller setup with Caterham seven at knockhill and rest of my driving is up there (minus few wall crash runs).
Testing with authentic tire wear, no aids at all (no tc/abs or so), no automatic clutch, H-shifter when no paddles on car, using clutch (which seems to be bugged on game, allows shifting without it on manual H also).
Stock tires and stock OEM setup, if no OEM available then stock Loose setup.
I also use the authentic car settings. Most of the times Stable setup. I think that is a matter of preference? Only exception is the H shifter in stead of Seq shifting. (too much work to constantly swap the H and Seq plate on the TH8A, yeah yeah I could buy a second shifter ;) ).

Yep you can use the shifter without using the clutch pedal. Personally I do not have more fun to 'cheat' so I use the clutch anyway.

Dunno about that stable setup, I have tested only loose if car doesn't have OEM.
On loose radical can bite on downshifting, or too rapid throttle movement.

The radical has too much engine braking and too much caster that make it a handful. Set those both to their minimal values and it gets MUCH easier to drive.

Better drink a muscle milk and hang on when the turbo spools up. Christ.

View attachment 701813

Is this some inside joke of pcars2 users?
Or is this car just broken on PS4 version?
I'm running PS4P with v3.03 and this car was feeling slower and powerless even compared to old carburetor equipped 2.0 liter Sierra from early 80's.
If this car has turbo then I didn't find it, had to go back tp main menu and check do I have same no aids settings still left from yesterday, yep all there but car doesn't have horses under the hood.
WTF is all what I can say about this Sierra. :rolleyes::confused:

(Edit: sorry if this sounds angry, I have always liked Sierra and this is far away from Sierra)

The radical has too much engine braking and too much caster that make it a handful. Set those both to their minimal values and it gets MUCH easier to drive.

I'm doing round with game sponsored settings, later touching those.

Edit 2:
This has some balls under the hood and gives something to ground too, not only sound like Sierra. Thank god, my another "dream car" from childhood is not so badly behaving as Sierra, Capri works ;)

Last edited:
Back