Most challenging car to handle?

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 63 comments
Is this some inside joke of pcars2 users?
Or is this car just broken on PS4 version?
I'm running PS4P with v3.03 and this car was feeling slower and powerless even compared to old carburetor equipped 2.0 liter Sierra from early 80's.
If this car has turbo then I didn't find it, had to go back tp main menu and check do I have same no aids settings still left from yesterday, yep all there but car doesn't have horses under the hood.
WTF is all what I can say about this Sierra. :rolleyes::confused:

(Edit: sorry if this sounds angry, I have always liked Sierra and this is far away from Sierra)

I'm doing round with game sponsored settings, later touching those.

Edit 2:
This has some balls under the hood and gives something to ground too, not only sound like Sierra. Thank god, my another "dream car" from childhood is not so badly behaving as Sierra, Capri works ;)

some cars boost(turbo) pressure is set to 75% you can turn them up to 100% not sure what the sierra is stock

some cars boost(turbo) pressure is set to 75% you can turn them up to 100% not sure what the sierra is stock
Oh, need to check it, I haven't touched any car tuning settings yet. As is stock Sierra was just empty box.

Edit: Sierra had bit light after 100% boost, fun on Nurb GP, trying Nordschleife next..

Edit 2: Can someone explain why there's coming smoke whole time from tires?
Watched first time game replay.. On second time noticed at it caps lenght of replay somewhere to 2:00, yep two minutes, is there some option to switch which gives longer replay?

And for Challenge on throttle modulation is Lotus 98T with 100% boost, second try on tape, one wall and had to let it kick on SF straight before end. :)

Loose setup with 100% boost, no aids, H+ clutch.

Last edited:
I can’t drive the Focus RS. I tried with and without aids on. Circuit and rally setups plus a downloaded setup. Nothing helps.

Its like driving a boat or a hovercraft. The thing is supposed to be AWD, yet is is the worst car I tried.

I actually had to see I didn’t have ice conditions set on the track.

I can’t drive the Focus RS. I tried with and without aids on. Circuit and rally setups plus a downloaded setup. Nothing helps.

Its like driving a boat or a hovercraft. The thing is supposed to be AWD, yet is is the worst car I tried.

I actually had to see I didn’t have ice conditions set on the track.
Lower the steering ratio until its quick enough to counter steer I am down to 8.0.1 I think and remember its a rally car not road ;)

And for Challenge on throttle modulation is Lotus 98T with 100% boost, second try on tape, one wall and had to let it kick on SF straight before end. :)

Loose setup with 100% boost, no aids, H+ clutch.

Side note: did everyone know if you hit the kers/boost button while in the Lotus 98T, it gives you 100% boost temporarily?

You can't run 100% boost on these cars for more than a few laps if damage is turned on, but this lets you pass or gain some extra speed

Side note: did everyone know if you hit the kers/boost button while in the Lotus 98T, it gives you 100% boost temporarily?

You can't run 100% boost on these cars for more than a few laps if damage is turned on, but this lets you pass or gain some extra speed

Wow. Great to know this. I thought it is a Bug that it shows battery on HUD in Lotus :D

Ha...like that thing needs more boost. :lol:

Driving that thing at Bannochbrae make it seem like you're driving a regular car with Fast Forward at 5X. It's nutty.

Porche Spyder Hypercar, without a doubt. (TC and SC off of course).

Aston Martin Vulkan probably is next.

La Ferrari handles well to me. Don't get people's concern on it being so hard to drive tbh. To all those, try the Porche instead and you will see lol

I found Mclaren F1 and Jaguar Xj220 TWR completly undrivable... Maybe settings, maybe something else, but I can't use to them.

The McLarenF1 indeed is hard but only if you don't use the mclaren f1 tyres.

The xj220 is not hard. Just be gentle on the throttle with this one, and well, on the F1 too

Try Aston Martin Vantage GT3, with default "Loose" setup it's not very good for competitive racing. Mercedes AMG GT3 is the same, both of them require some work on proper setup. Also try Radical RXC, at its default sertup it can't brake without a spin :D

Porche Spyder Hypercar, without a doubt. (TC and SC off of course).

Aston Martin Vulkan probably is next.

La Ferrari handles well to me. Don't get people's concern on it being so hard to drive tbh. To all those, try the Porche instead and you will see lol
What a car.. Or more likely what a messed setup.
I quickly tried modern Porsche Spyder with OEM setup and there was few obvious problems coming thru, locking of differentials isn't as it should, and trike bug on tire physics is grabbing steering.
After checking setup both were possible to tweak, there was two LSD's activated on both ends, or can't know if there was three on front? Anyway switching off viscous locking it started to go much much better, trike bug still grabbing front, one click more pressure on tires helped bit there, then switched one LSD off more from front and it become easier to drive.
At this point I stopped to care about this car, how many LSD's there's "activated" simultaneously? Don't know and don't care, maybe SMS fixes those on soon™.

I just unlocked that car in a infinity event and I did have a tune ready to go but went with some adjustments to it instead one was shutting off the lsd difs and that ruined it I gave after a few try's and went back to my 1st tune which worked a lot better. I think I maxed out the ecu engine brake and
the in the dif I lower coast ramp to 20 then make the bias coast ramp to something like 4;0;1 :) 4x4 difs are a bit mad though "burn the witch" i say

The Radbull is the one that got me. I parked it after trying it... I buried it. deep down. somewhere no one will ever find it...
We raced that few times online on pc1 for a lol I was the only one to turn the boost down to 10/20% ;) I had fastest lap and one by a mile marge simpson style :)

What a car.. Or more likely what a messed setup.
I quickly tried modern Porsche Spyder with OEM setup and there was few obvious problems coming thru, locking of differentials isn't as it should, and trike bug on tire physics is grabbing steering.
After checking setup both were possible to tweak, there was two LSD's activated on both ends, or can't know if there was three on front? Anyway switching off viscous locking it started to go much much better, trike bug still grabbing front, one click more pressure on tires helped bit there, then switched one LSD off more from front and it become easier to drive.
At this point I stopped to care about this car, how many LSD's there's "activated" simultaneously? Don't know and don't care, maybe SMS fixes those on soon™.
I personally think the Porsche 918 Spyder is too technologically advanced to be properly represented in racing sims. I've never been happy with the driving experience in Assetto Corsa either. For starters, the 918 features rear steering, is this modeled in the game? The front doesn't even have a differential in a traditional sense. The front wheels are controlled independently from one electric motor. So a front diff-lock is kind of unorthodox, let alone two of them being on simultaneously. Rather, the front wheels can detect the slightest slip and have the torque optimized independently for optimal traction. Is this modeled in the game? The front wheels are coupled to the rear with an electronic coupling that engages and disengages as needed to optimize handling. Is this modeled in the game? Threse are just a few technologies that I would imagine would require tons of extra coding just for one car. Without modeling these technologies, the 918 is seriously being misrepresented. Any video reviews I've watched by journalists have highlighted how easy the car is to drive aggressively. Not the case in P Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa.

The Corvette C7 road car is the only one having caused noteworthy trouble for me so far. Disable SC and TC, which this car needs more than most contemporaries in order to come alive, but at that point it also becomes very tricky. Maybe it has something to do with my controller settings, but I do find most cars to be decently manageable.

The Radbull is the one that got me. I parked it after trying it... I buried it. deep down. somewhere no one will ever find it...

We raced that few times online on pc1 for a lol I was the only one to turn the boost down to 10/20% ;) I had fastest lap and one by a mile marge simpson style :)

That car was packed will extreme fun, flooring throttle is a long process :lol:
Here's laps until it bites, not bad but bite. I need more time with it to get used on heavy lock better, I'm scrubbing my front tires too quickly on in. I like a lot this car.

The McLarenF1 indeed is hard but only if you don't use the mclaren f1 tyres.

The xj220 is not hard. Just be gentle on the throttle with this one, and well, on the F1 too

Well it is very easy to push it too hard. Both should be in C class in my opinion. Jaguar Xj220 isn't as fast as Enzo or Veneno.

The Corvette C7 road car is the only one having caused noteworthy trouble for me so far. Disable SC and TC, which this car needs more than most contemporaries in order to come alive, but at that point it also becomes very tricky. Maybe it has something to do with my controller settings, but I do find most cars to be decently manageable.

Well not an easy car, but personally i love it. Especially with manual clutch and H-Shifter.

I love that Stanceworks 2002. Just release the throttle mid corner and it tucks right in.

The E30 has to be steered with the throttle.

Another, is the Falcon. In PC1 an before the first patch, the front was easy to turn. Now, I have to use the throttle almost through corner entry, mid and exit. However, in real life, the racers of the Falcon FG X(keep in mind the Supercars have locked diffs), say they have to steer with the brake and throttle, to get the CA's out of corners. It's a characteristic not shared with the Commodore and Altima Supercars.

Uhm that’s not the Group A car?

I love that Stanceworks 2002. Just release the throttle mid corner and it tucks right in.

The E30 has to be steered with the throttle.

Another, is the Falcon. In PC1 an before the first patch, the front was easy to turn. Now, I have to use the throttle almost through corner entry, mid and exit. However, in real life, the racers of the Falcon FG X(keep in mind the Supercars have locked diffs), say they have to steer with the brake and throttle, to get the CA's out of corners. It's a characteristic not shared with the Commodore and Altima Supercars.

This might be the correct car:

It's pretty easy on private test, but when driving on quick custom race it changes, game physics aren't same anymore on there, rear gets way more slipper. (I have video of it too, gotta put it on YT later)

Porsche GT3 on stock loose setup was harder than most of above cars, after few tweaks it started to be much much nicer daily driver car.
Lapping few laps around brands hatch, no ABS or so used.

Back