Most Disappointing Cars in Gran Turismo

North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
This is a thread where you can discuss the most disappointing cars from any Gran Turismo game. Remember, just because they're disappointing doesn't mean they're bad, in case you are going to quote someone's post and rant at them why they're wrong.

For me, it would have to be the Peugeot 905 from Gran Turismo 4. I honestly thought this would be one of the best cars in the game, but the shift lag makes it slower than almost any other LMP or Group C car. I can understand what Polyphony were trying to do. They were trying to balance the car out, as it has 6 gears (unlike the other Group C cars with 5) and also a power:weight ratio of over 1:1. But seriously, adding depressing shift lag is taking it too far. It was a good thing they fixed it in 5 and 6.

In any Gran Turismo game?

If so, I'd say Ford GT90 from GT2. Not that it wasn't good, I don't really remember the details of how it performed, but I do remember that I wanted to buy that car for a long time and when I finally did it didn't drive as well as I had been expecting.

Last edited:
Bugatti Veyron.. It is hard to find any car on GT4 > GT6 with a good sense of speed, the Veyron is the opposite of that.. Don't feel I'm driving +200 at all. It's a fast lorry truck, but not car to play with.. Muchos moros funnos in Lupo's :D

The SRT Tomahawk X. That thing is absolutely pure evil, roughly 2600HP (2700HP with an oil change), and extremely tight handling in which you need the reflexes of a ninja, cyborg or superhuman (and even the brain of one, too) to control it, and just like the Red Bull X cars, the powerful speed, acceleration and formula car-beating handling makes it one of the most challenging cars to control if you're not prepared. And that seasonal event to obtain it in the Nurburgring, and I was like: "🤬, 🤬, 🤬!!!" Its speed is enough to humble the Red Bull X cars, but I just hate how one can drive it. It seems as if SRT has made the most evil Vision car to date. Also the Chaparral 2X, handles like a tank despite its active four-wheel steering.

As for the regular cars, I'd say it like everyone else: the Bugatti Veyron, the Jay Leno Tank Car, the Oldsmobile and the Audi Auto Union Type C Streamline, absolute evil-handling beasts of cars there.

Remember, speed doesn't kill people, it's either driver error or how bad a car handles, which would lead to driver error like cause and effect.

Last edited:
The SRT Tomahawk X. That thing is absolutely pure evil, roughly 2600HP (2700HP with an oil change), and extremely tight handling in which you need the reflexes of a ninja, cyborg or superhuman (and even the brain of one, too) to control it, and just like the Red Bull X cars, the powerful speed, acceleration and formula car-beating handling makes it one of the most challenging cars to control if you're not prepared. And that seasonal event to obtain it in the Nurburgring, and I was like: "🤬, 🤬, 🤬!!!" Its speed is enough to humble the Red Bull X cars, but I just hate how one can drive it. It seems as if SRT has made the most evil Vision car to date. Also the Chaparral 2X, handles like a tank despite its active four-wheel steering.

As for the regular cars, I'd say it like everyone else: the Bugatti Veyron, the Jay Leno Tank Car, the Oldsmobile and the Audi Auto Union Type C Streamline, absolute evil-handling beasts of cars there.

Remember, speed doesn't kill people, it's either driver error or how bad a car handles, which would lead to driver error like cause and effect.

Power is nothing without control anyways ;)

In any Gran Turismo game?

If so, I'd say Ford GT90 from GT2. Not that it wasn't good, I don't really remember the details of how it performed, but I do remember that I wanted to buy that car for a long time and when I finally did it didn't drive as well as I had been expecting.
One and done. Still can't get over the disappointment.

Ferrari F1 cars in GT5. I never used them because there was nowhere to use them, plus I was a Red Bull fan at the time.

Ferrari F1 cars in GT5. I never used them because there was nowhere to use them, plus I was a Red Bull fan at the time.
Boo!

(I kid... slightly)

I just drove them offline for lap after lap. Think I got my F2007 to 400 miles and my F10 to 300.

This is a thread where you can discuss the most disappointing cars from any Gran Turismo game. Remember, just because they're disappointing doesn't mean they're bad, in case you are going to quote someone's post and rant at them why they're wrong.

For me, it would have to be the Peugeot 905 from Gran Turismo 4. I honestly thought this would be one of the best cars in the game, but the shift lag makes it slower than almost any other LMP or Group C car. I can understand what Polyphony were trying to do. They were trying to balance the car out, as it has 6 gears (unlike the other Group C cars with 5) and also a power:weight ratio of over 1:1. But seriously, adding depressing shift lag is taking it too far. It was a good thing they fixed it in 5 and 6.

I dislike the Formula Gran Turismo.

For me, the Lamborghini Diablo GT. Pretty much top 5 best looking and sounding cars in GT6, but the off throttle over-steer is effing ludicrous and really puts me off using it. Even with a good suspension setup to eliminate most of the tail-happy characteristics, I still find it very hard to drive at the limit. Such a shame.

I take it all back.....I have just run this car with sports hard tyres and left all other settings as default and I was more than pleasantly surprised :) Why I was having so much trouble before I have NFI.

Last edited:
For me, the Lamborghini Diablo GT. Pretty much top 5 best looking and sounding cars in GT6, but the off throttle over-steer is effing ludicrous and really puts me off using it. Even with a good suspension setup to eliminate most of the tail-happy characteristics, I still find it very hard to drive at the limit. Such a shame.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/diablo-gt-00.1051/
Try that if you have the time. Oh, and use Sports Soft for best results.

For me, just seeing NASCAR in this game again is disappointing. If you wanna drive in a continuous circle buy one of the lame EA titles that cater to NASCAR that basically can put you to sleep

The $20 mil. GT40 Mk2 that is simplified model and just isnt that fast.

Ok the XJ13 and GT40 Mk IV are kind worth it-ish like most of the $20 mil. cars but gimme some value for money bro.

Also that $3.5 mil Abarth whatever the hell...

I disagree with the above person about Nascars ^^^... I cant stand real life nascar but really... they arent that bad IN THE GAME.. and PD has that nascar license they need to use (or lose).

Nascar is fun on a road course.

The $20 mil. GT40 Mk2 that is simplified model and just isnt that fast.

Ok the XJ13 and GT40 Mk IV are kind worth it-ish like most of the $20 mil. cars but gimme some value for money bro.

Also that $3.5 mil Abarth whatever the hell...

I disagree with the above person about Nascars ^^^... I cant stand real life nascar but really... they arent that bad IN THE GAME.. and PD has that nascar license they need to use (or lose).

Nascar is fun on a road course.

Agreed - The Gulf liveried Ford GT40 20m car is the most disappointing car in GT6 (it desperately needs an upgrade). NB it's a modified MK1 not a MK2 - the MK2 sadly isn't in the game - the Mark 2 had a 7 litre engine and came 1st, 2nd and 3rd at Le Mans in 1966. The MK4 won in 1967 and the Mark 1 won in 1968 and 1969 following a rule change which restricted engine capacity. The MK3 was a road car only.

Agreed totally on Nascar - anyone who has tried racing them on road courses knows what fun they are - how can a big heavy car with too much power not be fun!

Cars which are a disappointment for me include - Ferrari 250GTO (bonnet cam is mounted at back of roof), Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (no race number) - that takes the biscuit - it has a big blank white roundel with no number yet we know that six were built and raced with a range of numbers.

1.Ferrari FXX
2. Ferrari F40
3.Cizeta V16T
Because I wanted to love them so bad, but I couldn't bring myself to complete a lap in any of them.
If you tune these cars they become very fun to drive. Being hard to drive IRL (supposedly) and in the game dont make them disappointing.

Cizeta not so much but the F40 is a ball to drive as long as you can control the wacky handling.

Also the FXX is just about the fastest bloody thing out there if you can handle it.

The F40 has an engine driveability problem (so much sudden torque). You can add the power parts and then set the power limiter down to around 500hp and it will be much friendlier to use. Either do that or be extremely gentle with the gas pedal

But overall those very tail happy cars handling problem can be solved by adjusting the ride height. It works wonderfully.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that the Sauber C9 doesn't sound anything like a V8. Then there's every single standard car and the handful of premium cars PD carelessly rushed into the game, whether it's the non-existing Veyron 16.4 '13 or the lack of dashboard illumination in the Alpine A110.

Curious. What do you mean by this?

I believe he's referring to the fact that a 2013 model of that specific Veyron never existed. I could be wrong.

As for my most disappointing car...the Audi R18. I try to give equal attention to all of my LMPs but this one's a mess. Maybe I need a tune for it, but so far, driving it makes me feel like I'm operating a motorized floor polisher.

1.Ferrari FXX
2. Ferrari F40
3.Cizeta V16T
Because I wanted to love them so bad, but I couldn't bring myself to complete a lap in any of them.
FXX and F40 are great but you surely need a wheel and pedals setup and patience as in 1st lap with tires cold it is sure that in any turn you push the gas over the 50% of it you will get a spin. So, take it easy in 1st lap and you will meet a great surprise (thrill is a better word in describing the feeling when handling these monsters).

My bad surprise was Pagani Huayra. Not that it's bad or not powerful enough. It just isn't as good as in reality. It cannot surpass MP4-12C laptimes in GT6 which is scandalous (alos shows that Mc is better than in RL in GT6). We talk about the fastest road car in GT5 history with active aero that doesn't help as it should in GT6. A big dissappointment.

For me, just seeing NASCAR in this game again is disappointing. If you wanna drive in a continuous circle buy one of the lame EA titles that cater to NASCAR that basically can put you to sleep
I'm not a fan of NASCAR either (at least watching it) but I enjoyed the seasonal event at midfield that required NASCARs. Try one on a technical course if you please, and let me know if I'm bananas or not.

Edit: My most disappointing car was the Cadillac Cien, it had the specs but when you drive it it's not really impressive other than straight line capabilities.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back