Most Hated Track on GT7?

• Thread starter Remy Zero
  • 157 comments
Ignoring the dirt and snow tracks, for whatever reason, I just cannot like or love the Autopolis circuit. I feel there's just too much Micky Mouse corners, there's no proper flow. Right from the first corner, which is almost blind, and dropping down as you turn more into the corner.

I have tried many time, but, i just don't excel there, and I do hate this track very much.

Does anyone else feels the same to Autopolis or any other tracks?

Basically any track not wide enough to pass anyone without hitting them. So Mt. Panorama and Nurburgring sit squarely in that camp. I also do not like any of the Willow Springs tracks (feel like a drunk farmer with a tractor went out in the desert and cut a track in the dirt). I hate Laguna Seca in fast cars. Sub-650pp is where this track really shines. The sausages are too much of a factor on fast cars. Interlagos makes no sense to me. Those first 2 turns after the main straight make me not want to do the rest of the lap. They take all the fun out of the track.

The full configuration of St. Croix.
Oh yes, i forgot about this. Takes forever to complete one lap.
Basically any track not wide enough to pass anyone without hitting them. So Mt. Panorama and Nurburgring sit squarely in that camp. I also do not like any of the Willow Springs tracks (feel like a drunk farmer with a tractor went out in the desert and cut a track in the dirt). I hate Laguna Seca in fast cars. Sub-650pp is where this track really shines. The sausages are too much of a factor on fast cars. Interlagos makes no sense to me. Those first 2 turns after the main straight make me not want to do the rest of the lap. They take all the fun out of the track.
In terms of wideness, i also feel at the beginning stage of the game, brands hatch. It feels so cramped.

The full configuration of St. Croix.
I don’t give poo emojis, because, they’re just silly. So, I’ll type it. Poo. :sly:

Ignoring the dirt and snow tracks, for whatever reason, I just cannot like or love the Autopolis circuit. I feel there's just too much Micky Mouse corners, there's no proper flow. Right from the first corner, which is almost blind, and dropping down as you turn more into the corner.

I have tried many time, but, i just don't excel there, and I do hate this track very much.

How dare you give your opinion on hating Autopolis. I type poo, too. :P

Looking through the tracks right now. I’ll just put it down to my least used tracks: Blue Moon Bay Full Course and Broad Bean. Them Bubble Butt circuits are on other parts of the planet, but they‘re the most boring, to me, in the game.

I would say autopolis is not hated...but most challenging track in gt7...I can't say in race wise..because most of my time I do TT...but it's very technical track..you miss one brake point..whole lap goes into hell 🤣🤣🤣
( japan monaco ) hahaha

I used to hate Autopolis, I could never get a good lap around that circuit. Now I’m starting to get the hang of it though and it’s a lot of fun when you get a good flow.

My least favourite track is Fuji. Too wide for my liking and I don’t play it often enough to learn it well.

Yeah. In terms of real world tracks it’s Autopolis followed by Fuji and Brands for me.
And probably Goodwood too.

I used to dislike St. Croix and Fuji but after a while i started to like them especially when you use fast cars on those tracks (Gr.1,Gr.2,SF)

So my least favourite track atm is Lago - mostly because it is so overused that i got so sick of it 🤣

Last edited:
I loathe Deep Forest on a cellular level, even more than Trial bloody Mountain and that's saying something. Autopolis and Brands Hatch are easily my most used circuits. Proper tracks them.

"Hate" is probably a bit harsh but I absolutely dislike Laguna Seca and the Nürburgring GP track, especially the endurance layout. Whoever designed this must have had an serious corner fetish.

Hermann Tilke
I could have checked myself ofc but now that you mentioned his name I at least checked his wikipedia entry and found this under "criticism":

Tilke's track designs have been the subject of criticism. A 2009 profile in The Guardian noted that Tilke "has been accused of penning boring tracks and, even worse, of butchering legendary ones like Hockenheim."[1] Russian Formula One commentator Alexey Popov coined the term "Tilkedrome" to emphasize the characteristic ennui of tracks designed by Tilke.[2]

Former driver and team owner Jackie Stewart was critical of Tilke in a 2011 piece in The Daily Telegraph, blaming his designs for the lack of overtaking and excitement at many Formula One races, saying they "are largely carbon copies of each other". Stewart, while praising the vast improvement the designs have brought to the sport's safety as well as "bringing fantastic amenities and luxuries to the sport", argued that the tracks have "gone too far the other way" in terms of safety. His primary complaint was that the large tarmac run-off areas fail to "penalise mistakes"; he cited the 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, where Mark Webber was unable to pass Fernando Alonso, despite the latter running wide on four occasions, because the track's run-off areas did not impede him. Stewart suggested that the run-offs be made of a substance that slowed the cars down and thus punished drivers' mistakes.[3] Webber echoed Stewart's views, stating that he was "spot on".[4][5] 1980 world champion Alan Jones described Tilke's designs as "just one constant-radius corner after another" and "boring".[6]

Others have defended him. Driver and commentator Anthony Davidson said that Tilke "understands the demands of the modern cars...he gives us run-off areas and it's all well thought out. They are enjoyable to race on because they suit modern F1 cars. At a track like Silverstone you do not get as much overtaking because it was designed for cars that were slower and did not depend on downforce for speed. But the circuits designed in recent years have a long straight and bigger braking zone." He particularly praised Turn Eight of Istanbul Park.[1]

Last edited:
Fuji for me, yuck! One of the St Croix layouts is ok, can't remember which one. The longest version is dull though. I don't like Tokyo.

I pretty much like all the other tracks. :)

St. Croix, Tokyo, Fishermans Ranch

I don't hate them, I just don't know them and I'm lazy to learn them - bcs I don't like them on first view :)

Guess I am the odd ball, I love St Croix, all layouts. Has to be Gr4 and up. Everyone raves about La Sarthe, I never go there. For me the long straights with a few chicanes isn't too much fun. Tokyo, never go there either for so many reasons

1. Alsace - Ugly and not a fun track

2. Trial Mountain - I hate this track since GT1.

3. Brands Hatch - Hate everything about this track I only go there when the game forces me to.

4. Sardegna - Hate it cause its just not a fun track and I hate that 1 turn I think is 13 or 14 more then anything.:mad:

5. Nurburgring - Its a long and boring track and I have hated it ever since I first raced it back in gt4.

Last edited:
Deep Forest was a track I used to like a lot in the older installments, but the revisions done to that one sharp corner ruined it for me. However, I wouldn't go as far as to say Deep Forest is my least liked track. I agree with anyone who says St. Croix. I absolutely loathe that track.

Last edited:
Bathurst and Suzuka. Both pinpoint narrow tracks for lapping and Time Trials, but crap for racing. Can very easily block and hold someone up for ages as 90 percent of the tracks, if not more, are single lane only.

Unpopular opinion probably but they're crap for racing. While everyone hates St. Croix for some reason I love it as the tracks are wide and every lap has multiple good overtaking spots

Back