Most Hated Track on GT7?

• Thread starter Remy Zero
  • 157 comments
I think people have also frogetten that almost every Rally track in GT7, except the rallycross stage and Lake Louise Snow track are bad!

Am I in agreement here or barking up the wrong tree?

The sad part is that it used to be a rally neat track...almost like Monza in it's speed. The second redesign (by surprise surprise, Hermann Tilke) just killed it. It's like every single corner is a decreasing radius bore-fest.
Yeah, i even thought i liked it at one point but havent liked any version of it since its first appearance in GT. i would much rather have motegi than fuji

I don't know if it's just me, but I hate the Fuji Full Course, not the whole course, but exactly the section where it differs from the Short Course. This section of the track is very strange, unnatural and is a denial of driving pleasure!

However, I generally hate routes that give the impression of being artificial, as if someone drew them with a ruler. Sainte-Croix, the last section of Watkins Glen and all the gravel routes (the worst in the entire Gran Turismo series!). They give the impression, artificial, making me bored on them and feeling like I'm driving for punishment.... you know how it is when you have to go somewhere and you have to stand in traffic? Do any of you actually also choose a route that is longer (also in time), but without traffic jams than one with traffic jams and standing?

I can understand, to an extent, the hate for Fuji and the new GV. I hated Fuji when I first drove it back on GT5 but it has since grown on me. I have grown to like the width of the track simply because it makes overtaking quite easy. Similarly, for GV, I hated it at first too, but now I've come to love the track for its scenic view and narrow width. I play GT6 on occasion and can't really like the old GV anymore.

The only thing I hate about the new GV is the chicane section at the end of the tunnel where you have to come to a crawl. That chicane section should've just been a straight shot, but in typical PD fashion they shove a damnable chicane/sharp corner somewhere. I do also wonder where those dirt roads on the new GV lead though. I wish we had a rallycross layout that utilized them.

Last edited:
#1A) Tokyo Central Clockwise
#1B) Tokyo Central Counterclockwise

I cannot decide, nor remember which one I hate more. These tracks would be a blast in NFS/Forza Horizon/Ridge Racer, power sliding through corners and tagging the walls, hitting the Nitrous on the straightaways. Trying to drive them "realistically" is a chore.

I don't mind the East/South layouts, especially after grinding WTC 600 a handful of times. They are still "cartoony" but also have much more sensible layouts for racing (and also do enough to refresh those SSR5 memories).

#3 is Fuji with the extra chicane. The entire last section makes me contemplate driving straight into a barrier and unplugging the PS5. The version without the chicane is merely tolerable.

St-Croix and Autopolis are not fun, but I also recognize I suck at both of them.

1. Nurburgring GP
2. Fuji

NURB GP
Running the 1st sector of Nurb GP in time trials made me want to quit sim racing.

The corners are bizarre, slow and seem designed to frustrate / annoy. And they drag on forever with apexes that drop in and out of our space time continuum. PD's penalty zones in that sector are particular cruel and asinine also. I am very familiar with them.

The 24hr Nurb variants ruin any fun I'd have racing on the Nordschleife.

FUJI
  • The first corner and last sector from the chicane onward are a joke - ridiculous braking zones, where even are the apexes?
  • The looooong, tire destroying right-handed mid/high speed corner in the middle of track is miserable in anything that doesn't have F1 downforce.
  • The penultimate corner is a Random Number Generator gate that phases you into the shadow realm for getting on the throttle too early.

But I can tolerate Fuji more because of the 700pp Clubman+ race and last week's Daily Race A. There's good spacing for battles all over the track.

Weirdly, I don't mind the dirt / ice tracks. They're crazy and dumb in a fun way. I just don't care for GT7's dirt physics.

I'm surprised to see mentions of the new Deep Forest. While I don't like it as much as the original (the original was my favorite OG GT circuit) I still find it pretty enjoyable. The middle sector has a really satisfying flow and I actually like the fast Sugo/Watkins Glen like final corner where you come up over a sweeping rise flat out onto the main straight. The hairpin just before it isn't my favorite though, but it's not too bad.

Glad to see many Fuji mentions. That track deserves it. I didn't mention it originally, but I also despise the enormous paved run-off areas. The track is so wide, and the runoffs are so large that it feels like racing around a huge parking lot in an RC car...it's like the anti-Nurburgring. The 'ring is fun even in slow cars (I was hotlapping my totally stock AE86 Levin and having a grand time) because the narrow ribbon and minimal runoff means you need to focus even to stay on the racing line and stringing together corners feels so rewarding. With runway-wide Fuji it's really hard to engage with the circuit because you feel so lost on it, even with a fast car. I think you need 700+PP for it to become even somewhat interesting. Even then you're just leaning on the aero and going from one steady state corner to another or braking or accelerating...its a circuit of minimal deftness. ALL of the above also applies to Willow Springs. I think even Cape Ring was better than these two real life turds. Cape Ring was terrible, just to be clear.

Hate’s a strong word, but my pick would honestly be La Sarthe. I get its significance and it can be fun to race on every once in a while, but it doesn’t do much for me personally and I often go months without ever racing it.

St. Croix’s another. It’s a great atmosphere, but B’s the only layout I like. A and C feel more like a rough draft of a fanmade layout.

Last edited:
I’d be curious to see the correlation of track dislikes amongst SP and sport mode players?

I for one love Fuji because it offers lots of overtaking opportunities in online races…and the first corner is a great place to set up the entire first sector; and the last sector can become deadly in high tire wear races.

I never did the vintage Tokyo credit grind - mainly because I can’t be bothered grinding for anything.

But secondly, because I absolutely hate that circuit. Of the very few circuits where we are surrounded by barriers, Tokyo IMO is by far the worst

I would say autopolis is not hated...but most challenging track in gt7...I can't say in race wise..because most of my time I do TT...but it's very technical track..you miss one brake point..whole lap goes into hell 🤣🤣🤣
( japan monaco ) hahaha
I don't know. For whatever reason, i just can't get the flow. Even in the past, the Hong Kong track, i prefer more than this.

Could be also, because i'm using the standard controller. After a while tracks like Autopolis, Fuji, Interlagos, Barcelona, it does get painful. It's also because i'm getting older for sure.

Back in GT1 and GT4, driving for hours on the controller hardly had any effects. Can't say the same for today

Hate's a strong word, but Autopolis is the most boring track to drive in the game for me. Just an absolute snoozefest. But the only races I actively avoid are the rally courses.

The rally layout at Barcelona. I avoid whenever possible.

I set to easy and just smash through it hoping I win the any races here right away, and get back to enjoying the game.

Silly little track imo, but fair enough if ykh enjoy it of course.

I don't know. For whatever reason, i just can't get the flow. Even in the past, the Hong Kong track, i prefer more than this.

Could be also, because i'm using the standard controller. After a while tracks like Autopolis, Fuji, Interlagos, Barcelona, it does get painful. It's also because i'm getting older for sure.

Back in GT1 and GT4, driving for hours on the controller hardly had any effects. Can't say the same for today
which car class do u use ? Road cars feel bad at every track in my opinnion..that's why I avoid them...

I’d be curious to see the correlation of track dislikes amongst SP and sport mode players?

I for one love Fuji because it offers lots of overtaking opportunities in online races…and the first corner is a great place to set up the entire first sector; and the last sector can become deadly in high tire wear races.

I never did the vintage Tokyo credit grind - mainly because I can’t be bothered grinding for anything.

But secondly, because I absolutely hate that circuit. Of the very few circuits where we are surrounded by barriers, Tokyo IMO is by far the worst
It's a valid point about online racing - which I'm not super into at this time. I also wonder - are you a wheel or DS user? I wonder if there is another correlation there. I find Fuji annoying to drive around with the DS (haven't got a wheel yet) but I could imagine it being more tolerable with a wheel, as the wheel is much better at holding long steady state positions and making smooth lock adjustments (like you need for changing radius corners) than the tiny thumb sticks are. A wheel is better everywhere, IMO, but at tracks like Willow and Fuji I think the differences would be most noticeable.

It's not the tracks I hate, it's the combos we get paired with.

Brands in clios is epic. Brands with op Mazda or GR3 stuff isn't fun.

Daytona is an awesome circuit, but not as a one make GT race.

The tracks are largely fine, although St Croix is not on my fan fav list.

It's the pairing of the race combo that bring them alive.

When PD nail it with things like the custom cars at TM everything is just better. If it's just renta meta the track is almost irrelevant.

St. Croix isn't my most hated, but it might be my most disappointing. I can tell what they were going for (alternate universe Le Mans), but it feels like they collected a bunch of ideas, but instead of choosing the best ones, they just decided to use all of them. They could have had one great layout, but instead they have three mediocre layouts that share almost nothing.

Cape Ring is the worst track in the entire franchise.

That jump was an absolute **** sandwich.

I believe the Cape Ring has the same design flaw as the St. Croix, but much worse, it lacks the aesthetic and creative appeal of the original circuits.

Firstly, throughout the route, the guardrails are very close to the track, with no runoff in the curves, the scenery is empty, everything is very standard, as if it were done in the Track Editor. Creatively, the curves and straights lack personality, despite the fantastic spiral curve (I really like it). The layout design seems to have been done in a random and uncompromising way, without any intelligent motivation for each sector of the track.

The user @Nakano219 was very intelligent when he talked about Cape Ring and St. Croix, in another topic:

Sainte-Croix is the one track in GT7 that reminds me, kind of in general of PS3-era track design as others have said, but especially of Cape Ring in particular: Both tracks have one big visual centrepiece (Cape Ring's loop, Sainte-Croix's bridge), and if you aren't at that feature or the start-finish straight, it can be very hard to remember what part of the track is coming next. That's because otherwise they are rather long tracks and have a ton of corners that are all visually similar in terms of trackside signs/foliage.
I also don't like the Evel Knievel jump, after or before the spiral. That jump is tacky as the jump on the Eiger Nordwand track (another track that I don't like, for exactly the same problems highlighted here).

I wouldn't mind if Cape Ring and Eiger Nordwand returned, but I would like them to get a visual overhaul and gain more personality in track.

The positive example of a circuit with character is El Capitan. The circuit has guardrails close to the track in some sectors, but not in other places. Each curve and sector has a purpose to challenge the driver.

Last edited:
I believe the Cape Ring has the same design flaw as the St. Croix, but much worse, it lacks the aesthetic and creative appeal of the original circuits.

Firstly, throughout the route, the guardrails are very close to the track, with no runoff in the curves, the scenery is empty, everything is very standard, as if it were done in the Track Editor. Creatively, the curves and straights lack personality, despite the fantastic spiral curve (I really like it). The layout design seems to have been done in a random and uncompromising way, without any intelligent motivation for each sector of the track.

The user @Nakano219 was very intelligent when he talked about Cape Ring and St. Croix, in another topic:

I also don't like the Evel Knievel jump, after or before the spiral. That jump is tacky as the jump on the Eiger Nordwand track (another track that I don't like, for exactly the same problems highlighted here).

I wouldn't mind if Cape Ring and Eiger Nordwand returned, but I would like them to get a visual overhaul and gain more personality in track.

The positive example of a circuit with character is El Capitan. The circuit has guardrails close to the track in some sectors, but not in other places. Each curve and sector has a purpose to challenge the driver.
I think its easy to take for granted how good the original GT1 courses were, judging on how frequently fantasy tracks (in all games, not just the GT series) are not very good. GT1 circuits:

Autumn Ring (probably the weakest of the original circuits, but still an easy 7/10. Mini feels to me somewhat of a mashup of Tsukuba and other small regional Japanese circuits)
Deep Forest (10/10 for me)
Grand Valley (9/10 for me and just as fun as its inspiration, which I think is Suzuka)
High Speed Ring (8/10 and IMO better than it's inspiration, which I think is OG Fuji)
SSR5 (9/10)
SSR11 (9/10)
Trial Mountain (10/10 for me)

The only subsequent fantasy courses that felt as good to me were El Capitan (as you mention), Midfield Raceway (please come back, it's probably my second fav after Deep Forest) and Apricot Hill. Each one of those originals had such a specific mood (the dramatic dusk sky of Deep forest, or the chilly late fall feeling of Autmn Ring) and each one had such a deliberate feeling character. None of them feel like there are any filler sections, they just slap from start to finish.

PD is such an opaque company. I wonder who designs the fantasy courses? Is the same person or team who came up with the original GT1 circuits still with PD? How much direction does Kaz give?

Latest Posts

Back