Most overrated car in GT6? (no flamewars)

I agree on the handling aspect of the Veyron. It handles like crap in GT. It handles pretty decently in Forza, though. Dunno which one is more realistic, I'd hope Forza in that aspect.

The LLC Rocket is highly rated not for pure speed, but because of how light, fast-accelerating, and incredibly stable it is. I've managed to take corners at a higher speed than the BMW McLaren F1 in that car, pretty impressive.

I'd say the overrated car for me is the 1948 Hudson. PD spent a lot of time and hard work making a car that's just crap. It's slow, barely reaches 90mph in stock form, and starts to spin out cornering over 50. It's easier to control a tuned Huayra than the Hudson.

I'm saying overrated because I seem to be the only person who thinks it's crap. Everywhere I go I see people raving on about how fantastic it is, and you're not allowed to complain about it without a barrage of "well maybe you don't appreciate car history" or "how can you say that", etc.

I'd much rather PD spent their time on making something new, like one of the "big three" hypercars, a new A5 Beetle, Audi RS5, et cetera.
Still, the Hudson is a 60 year old race car. Technology has come a long way since 1948.
My vote for most overrated goes to the GT500. There are plenty of car than can beat it.

I'd much rather PD spent their time on making something new, like one of the "big three" hypercars, a new A5 Beetle, Audi RS5, et cetera.

I smell DLC.
But then again the P1 was the poster child of Forza 5, you all think it could have anything to do with that?
And definitely no Porsche 918, screw you EA.... =(

Z4 GT3(stock settings). I first drove it in the 20minute Apricot Hill race. going into turn 1 it didnt turn while trailbraking. i thought it may be due to cold tyres. nope. The GT6 preview videos had me hyped. In the game, it's a dud. Doesnt sound good. Doesnt "feel" virtually quick. and doesnt impress me when I watch replays. Oh, I'm glad its in the game but, I'll stick with my SLS GT3.

Z4 GT3 (stock) is real piece of garbage mainly because that damn car just simply cannot brake in straight line... and veyron...have you ever tried to brake with this thing from 470 km/h? it took me approx. 1,2km to stop this thing :D

For me is has to be the Toyota Supra RZ. Everybody seems to rave on and on about that car, even wanting a premium version of it. I just don't get it! It's not extraordinarily fast, it doesn't handle better than anything else and it's pig ugly. I can think of far better cars to get excited about than this old shed.

The Veryron is an incredible drift machine with all Aids off, on the S Licence test at Ascari. So as long as entry speed is in the "safe zone" simply turning the wheel in just dictates what you want to do with this car. I still hate it, and will never use it again. Weight shift prior corner entry is your friend. Be reasonable with you speed around this track, it will get you in top speed in stupid time, but you can't do anything with the car at that speed other than ... well, nothing.

Give a Veyron to over 50% of all GT players on the Ring, and give a ringmaster a 350pp '66 oil pan leaker. the turtle will win.

Everyone knows what the Veyron is by now. Not the most agile in the bends. I still think it's a good car though if you use the Veyron appropriate driving style.
As for over hyped cars I think the winner would be the Delta Wing. I think it's not nearly special as expected.

The Veyron in the S license test is a dog. My tuned Veyron is about 2.5 seconds slower than it's average competitors around Tsukuba. But...if you tune and drive it on tarmac like it was on dirt, it does these 4 wheel drifts coming out of corners like an outlaw car.

For me is has to be the Toyota Supra RZ. Everybody seems to rave on and on about that car, even wanting a premium version of it. I just don't get it! It's not extraordinarily fast, it doesn't handle better than anything else and it's pig ugly. I can think of far better cars to get excited about than this old shed.

+1

The problem with the Supra is that (in real life anyway) it's very much the Veyron of the import world; they can be tuned up to insane levels of power, post blisteringly quick drag times and has a chassis that can support the power superbly. Notice how all those points are only positives for straight line speed. Toyota designed the Supra to be an upmarket sports coupe that could go fast in a straight line and handle quite well on twisty roads. However, the chassis isn't meant to deal with turns well, which is why it naturally handles like a dog on a track. I've known this since the earliest GT games and is probably why the Supra really doesn't interest me in real life as a result. As for looks, I wouldn't call it pig ugly, but then again, looks are subjective so I can't knock your opinion really.

I would have voted all models of the Skyline GT-R as the 'Veyrons of the import world', since there's always some kid on YouTube videos saying he's gonna build some 8 second R34 as a first car because he watched Fast and Furious. However, I gave the title to the Supra since Skylines are usually tuned for circuits rather than raw speed. I suspect the Supra's availability in the U.S. is what shoehorned the drag racing reputation on to it, which obviously the Skyline won't have.

OT: I'd have to vote the GT40 as well. Seems a lot slower than I'd anticipated and feels too twitchy to me.

The Veyron takes the cake in this thread clearly. I'd agree too, I like a car that can actually turn in a sane fashion! To anyone who posted in this thread voting for Veyron, do they have a second most overrated car for variety's sake in the discussion?

I find it strange how many people have chose the Veyron as the most over rated car due to the fact that I cant recall anyone ever rating it highly within the game. Perhaps you are all confusing the term overrated with the term 'I don't like it'.

I find it strange how many people have chose the Veyron as the most over rated car due to the fact that I cant recall anyone ever rating it highly within the game. Perhaps you are all confusing the term overrated with the term 'I don't like it'.
I've seen 10 Veyrons in a lobby before (on GT6).

That's over used, not a sign of rating it highly, just a sign that people want high top end and don't understand a cars dynamics. Proves nothing towards people rating it highly.

Nissan GT-R Black Edition.

Almost everyone I see in a GT-R, it's the freaking Black Edition. Why? Because of the cool name, the LED lights or because it's newer?

The Spec V is supposed to be lighter and it drives better in my humble opinion.

DAMN IT GOTTI!

While I must admit that was one of the most frustrating tests because of the car and track, getting gold wasn't that difficult. Took me about five tries. What was difficult was beating the time that one of my PSN friends had.

In this particular video, I blame the camera. Either use cockpit or "hood" cam. The last one preferably. Gives you better results.

Last edited:
lol @ everyone saying Veyron. Who said the Veyron was good in GT6? Who is overrating it? No one.

An actual overrated car is the Ferrari F40. Ugly and useless.

I smell DLC.
But then again the P1 was the poster child of Forza 5, you all think it could have anything to do with that?
And definitely no Porsche 918, screw you EA.... =(

I think both the P1 and La Ferrari are exclusive to Forza for a time. And EA has the Porsche license of course.

Really must be disappointing for Kaz. We know how he loves electrics/hybrids.

Last edited:
Z4 GT3 (stock) is real piece of garbage mainly because that damn car just simply cannot brake in straight line... and veyron...have you ever tried to brake with this thing from 470 km/h? it took me approx. 1,2km to stop this thing :D
I had the same problem with the z4, changed the brake bias one tick to the rear and found it was more stable while braking.

Porsche's - All of them.
Not even in the game and nobody shuts up about them. More than half the people buying GT games can't drive the RUF's, so they won't be able to drive Porsche's if ever included either.

Edit: And they almost all look exactly the same.

I would have to say the Veyron. It's fast in a straight line but if you put it on a road course, it has the performance of a potato.

Nissan GT-R Black Edition.

Almost everyone I see in a GT-R, it's the freaking Black Edition. Why? Because of the cool name, the LED lights or because it's newer?

The Spec V is supposed to be lighter and it drives better in my humble opinion.

While I must admit that was one of the most frustrating tests because of the car and track, getting gold wasn't that difficult. Took me about five tries. What was difficult was beating the time that one of my PSN friends had.

In this particular video, I blame the camera. Either use cockpit or "hood" cam. The last one preferably. Gives you better results.
It took me about 20 times to get that test done... My problem was that I would run wide out of a corner and get disqualified or accidentally cut one of the chicanes. When I finally completed a lap, I got gold the first time by .3 seconds.

Yes the veyron is overrated, but undriveable? no. everyone says its realy easy to crash with but, even though its handling i crap, if you follow the racing line and be realistic, its REALY easy to drive! The main thing i have with the car is that you actually have to slow down on the corner at special stage route X. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Dont get me wron, i really dont like this car, but its not undriveable!

R34 Skyline, yes I get it, Paul Walker and the Fast and Furious franchise made this car immensely popular. Yes, I get that the laws in the US only hyped up this car even more because it is banned. Yes, I do agree that I want one, but come on really? Every lobby I go into, whether its a drift, a drag, a race, or a cruise lobby, I kid you not, I see a Skyline in it.

I don't have anything against Skylines, whether it be an R34, or one of the 54 options and colors of Skylines in GT6, but to me, its been overrated. Sounds awful modded completely, and I haven't found a use for it in career mode yet, but it warrants enough to be in all of the lobbies I enter.

Toyota Supra - how many crying threads have we seen that PD ARE RIDICKULUSS FOR NOT MAKING SUPRA PREEMEUM!?1! It's not that great a car...

Mustang GT500 - OMG POWWEER, but it's crap. A dinosaur car only good for burnouts.

El Camino - An eclectic choice from PD, but it's fairly rubbish and I've seen a lot of El Camino talk round here too.

Back