Most Uncontrollable Car

• Thread starter PawnBoy
  • 355 comments
a ginetta g4 fully tuned will suprise a lot of you ... i had high hopes, but it is quite simply the worst car i have ever come across, try it and find out for yourself :P

I tuned mine fully in the hope of creating a Ginetta championship for online racing similar to the real world one, after a few laps I realised there was no hope lol

Both the Alpines and the Hommell Berlinetta are hard work/fun with no driving aids, though been a while since I tried them.

The Ginetta is a lovely little car, I had a lot of fun with it in GT4 and looking forward to the same in GT5. It's stupidly fast for the power, but you do need to keep the revs up and keep it smooth around the corners. It's really little more than a kit car and really doesn't have the chassis or body rigidity to accomodate a more powerful engine. I guess GT makes us believe shoehorning any amount of power into any car is a good idea!

I really think racing the Ginettas stock would be a blast, as they were (and still are albeit more powerful nowadays) in the real world :)

Isn't the BTR2 4wd?

Only thing that even comes close to Yellowbird's handling is probably RUF BTR.

Also, Stratos and both Alpines are pretty fun cars to drive.

No sir, the BTR2 like the BTR "Yellow Bird" is rear engined rear wheel drive. The CTR2 comes in AWD. The Yellow Bird is the BTR in case you were wondering, just was nicknamed Yellow Bird, but it's a Big Turbo Ruf.

Most of the RUFs, The Pagani Zonda R(for some reason), and te GT350 with a few mods.

Honestly, most cars aren't too bad as long as you have throttle control, with that even the toughest car can be tamed relatively well.

And old FR with 350+ HP or any old MR cars are usually quite a handful.

McF1, 330 P4, the stupid Caterham, the Murcielago (why, oh, why???), and the 599. I haven't tried the Spirra, Cobra or Yellowbird but I've heard pretty grim stuff about them.

I believe in the case of the 599, the F1, and the Murcielago, the tyres in the cars are just completely wrong. They're the same compound as the ones in an EVO X. How come?

The Stratos sticks out as a real brute in my mind. I spin EVERY time I try to corner in that thing at speed, regardless of tires or tune...

Perplexing to see so many votes for the Elise, Evora and Caterham... they're peaches.

With MR and light FR sports cars, it's all about fluidity of movement. Ease into the turn, don't overcontrol.

---

It's easy to make any car hard to tame if you throw more power at it. Fully tuned cars don't count... find the right LSD setting, tune the gears to accomodate the extra power, and you're back on top. Except if it's one of those ridiculously light GT350s. Mine can hold a powerslide for minutes. :lol:

---

What's interesting are the cars that are tricky even completely stock. That's definitely the Yellowbird. The tiptoe twitchiness of the rear-engine configuration matched with tire-shredding torque... lovely to drive... terribly slow in terms of laptimes.

The Cizeta was a handful in GT4... but in GT5, it's easier to drive. There's a lot of "push" in the chassis due to the weight of that V16. That same V16 gives it some nasty snap oversteer, but as long as you lean on the understeer in corners, it's very, very manageable... only thing is it has the turning radius of a truck... so tracks like Eiger are off the menu.

The TVR Speed 12 actually has terrific handling (even though it has the turning radius of a small planet). All you actually need is a modicum of throttle control to keep from spinning out. Fun to enter the one-make races on SSR7 in this one... it's actually a challenge to stay ahead of the AI until you figure out when and how hard to brake.

Some of the more insane cars from GT4, like the Amuse Carbon R and the VW Nardo, I haven't driven in GT5 yet... but I've got an Amuse awaiting an engine rebuild and a thrashing in my garage.

+1 Niky. Most of the light MR cars are quite easy to drive. (I find the elise to be beautiful bone stock, better than it's bigger brother the espirit). Although the stratos is probably the most unforgiving car.

Like riding a bicycle. Stay on it, and you're good.

Whereas driving cars like the Stratos and the Yellowbird feels like trying to ride a unicycle while balancing a wolverine on your shoulders... :D

Last edited:
I was read the heading for this thread & thought what EVERYONE ELSE thinks...

Yellow Bird & Shelby Cobra... 2 of my favourites though (For the same reason).

I hate the Elise, its a shocker. After the intermediate Top Gear challenge for it, I have pretty much steered clear from it. The Yellowbird I havent driven yet in GT5, but in GT4 I know it was a handful. The LP640 Murcielago was dreadful in that Gran Turismo Rally thing, but the SV had none of the problems of its less powerful sister. FGT also gets a nod for its snap oversteer too. Thats about it so far, Ill try some other cars and get back soon.

For me its the yellowbird and the f40. The cobra was indeed hard to drive at first but I think I got used to it. Considering I drift it now.... Not going to lie that thing was a briggin fitch to learn to drive hard but ooooohhhh the rewards. Like out running fully modded gtr's at both nürmberg and selarthe :) that was the best feeling of accomplishment I have ever gotten from gt5.

Zonda R. I've yet to tame this beast with no aids.

It surprise me when no one said fully tune (no setup) BMW 1 Series Concept. Or maybe it just me. :P

Exiting the corner, throttle too early, you'll potentialy get understeer

Find it funny how people say that the Mclaren F1 stock is almost uncontrollable, when it is the fastest stock road car in the game around most tracks.

For me? I really don't know, probably the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 on comforts. Though to be honest i don't find any of the cars uncontrollable, but the Lamborghini sure is a handful.

I hate the Elise, its a shocker. After the intermediate Top Gear challenge for it, I have pretty much steered clear from it. The Yellowbird I havent driven yet in GT5, but in GT4 I know it was a handful. The LP640 Murcielago was dreadful in that Gran Turismo Rally thing, but the SV had none of the problems of its less powerful sister. FGT also gets a nod for its snap oversteer too. Thats about it so far, Ill try some other cars and get back soon.

The Top Gear challenge is not an Elise, it is an Evora on comfort tyres.

From my own experience, I would say the Lancia Stratos, Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, and the RUF Yellowbird.

The Lexus IS F Racing Concept would oversteer like hell too on comfort hard tires.

Colonel_Loki
The evora handles nicely, and the elise and caterham are nice with sports soft or higher. Don't know what you're on about.

I have to agree with the zonda if you don't have racing tires on, even then it's not exactly easy to drive.

Oh really, i took it for a spin around the nordschliefe, and got my head bitten off.

Back