Motion Blur?

vipahcheese

(Banned)
United States
United States
vipahcheese3178
Just wondering, how are people getting motion blur in GT6 pics? Every time I try to take a picture it freezes the car in place. Am I just not getting something, or should I use an external editor or something?

There's A setting at the bottom of the camera in photo mode, I think it goes from 250-5000. The lower the value, the more blur present. I don't know what it's called though

What you're looking for is the shutter speed. It ranges from 60-8000 with 60 being the most amount of motion blur you can get while 8000 makes the car look stationary. Also based off your phrasing I'm assuming that your taking photos using replays so if you don't know already a lot of those shots should be taken in panning mode 2 or 3 which you can find if you can acces through the camera menu.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-gt6-photomode-faq-tutorial-depot.287344/ <----some more gt6 photography resources

Awesome, I just tried it and it doesn't show the blur until you've taken the picture. Thanks, really helped me there.

BTW, nice avvie @noize

If you do photo editing, you can try layering photos for a better effect. I'm no professional at it but this is the sort of thing I'm talking about...

This...
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes)_13.jpg

Plus this...
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes)_12crop2.jpg

Can end up like this (or better)...
CdlS2009(NC)13-VWGTiVGT2-Speed2.jpg

I do know how I got this one though. A very narrow aperture (1.0 is as low as it goes) and focus on the driver, it makes the rest of the car appear in motion. Hope this helps
Special Stage Route X_4.jpg

Basically, panning mode one can be thought of as the camera being mounted on a stand. The camera doesn't move, but it can rotate to follow an object. It's the only mode that works well when the camera is position at a distance and zooms in. It gives the motion blur to all objects in the shot, except to the car. Mode 1 can give good results even with a high shutter speed (like, 125 or 250), it all depends on how far away from the object the camera is placed. The closer to the car, the higher the shutter speed can be.

Panning mode two can be thought of as the camera being mounted to a car (or a helicopter). It will travel at the same speed and path as the object, but it does not rotate with it if it were to spin for instance.

Panning mode three can be thought of as the camera being mounted to an invisible stick attached to the object. The camera travels at the same speed as the object, and it also rotates with it. So if you're spinning out the camera will rotate with the car.

Panning mode two and three does usually not give much or any motion blur to objects far away in the background, the exception is when you're shooting an object that is turning. But if you want motion blur in the distance it's almost always better to use mode 1. Mode two and three requires a low shutter speed, usually the lowest (60) to give a good result, but it depends on how fast the car is going of course.

Back