Motor City Tunes GT6

Hami, yet again you make the definitive guide through hard work, understanding and dedication to the cause! It really is the first go-to reference and the problem-solving guide is exactly what I was looking for - most helpful.:bowdown:

I've been spending a bit of time trying to make up some fun FR (old) classics and have found many of them suffer the same kind of problem with exit oversteer, (this is after my initial diff' setting and some firming up). I'm tuning them in the 400-450pp range so not going for max-power.

Originally I thought the problem was all about simply losing grip through spinning up, but I now I can see the problem is that the outside rear is being overloaded and weight transfer is the issue. So rather than softening up to try and improve grip, firmer is the way to go.

As stupid it sounds, watching the replays really helps - I never paid that much attention before and just went by driving observation.

Thanks again, Hami. :cheers:

"Look at my WRS Registry ranking.....I obviously don't need it to be fast. ;)"

LOL cargo don't continue to make yourself in these funny situation, as it has become funny.

Toyota 86 GT '12
450PP, 264hp, 1150kg
Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

12231318356_82c1ab4632_z.jpg

Tune built for the Toyota 86 GT Super Lap Seasonal Event @ Trail Mountain - January 29, 2014

I am in love with this tune. If you know anything about real world tuning, this setup will drive your mind crazy. I had to ignore my own real world tenancies and just listen to what the 86 GT wanted in game. This car has massive understeer in stock form. I pulled out all of the tricks to get this to rotate correctly. I simply followed my newly published GT6 tuning guide and it lead me to this wonderfully handling machine. Only three of my friends currently faster than me (@GTP_CargoRatt who is a master at time trials, @praiano63 a tuning phenom who is usually half-a-second faster than me and @Johnnypenso who puts done amazing times without SRF). I am happy with placing a top 500 ranking and being close behind these three friends. I can run this tune on top of my ghost all day long.

One really odd thing about this tune. Look at the picture above. I did not think that this tune was super low or super soft so I was really surprised when I went to photo mode. After this, I did go back, raise ride height and increased spring rates to around the middle. The car was worse. So I returned the springs to slightly higher than I had them and raised ride height around ten numbers. Went a bit faster with a more predictable car <-- win. Tune below. Feel free to comment on whether it worked for you or not.

Pit Service
No Oil Change
Front Aero A
Stock rims
Paint: Sterling Silver Metallic

Installed Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 110/120 (100/110 in photo above)
Springs 5.15/6.25 (5.10/6.00 in photo above)
Dampers Compression 2/5
Dampers Extension 5/3
Anti-Roll Bars 2/5
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.11/-0.05
Brake balance 5/5 (barely used the brakes with this tune)

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.300
2nd gear 2.300
3rd gear 1.775
4th gear 1.450
5th gear 1.225
6th gear 1.075
Final gear 4.100

LSD 10/14/5
Power Limiter 98.4%
Ballast 22
Ballast Position -15%
Weight Distribution 52:48

This is an awesome tune thank you! Stable as a rock this thing...:bowdown:

Managed a 1m35.9 on my first lap and am now on 1m34.4 rank 349. It's my best online rank so far. :)

I also use your NSX tune which is brilliant, I love that thing around Ascari it's a beast. Your tuning guide has helped me no end as well, so thank you for putting the effort in man! 👍

[Edit] I put the wrong online rank

Yeah I noticed that and put my ballast all way to the back (+50) for a weight distribution of 52:48.
For some reason +15 gives me 53:47...edited I meant +

Jaguar XKR-S '11
560PP, 567hp, 1400kg

12246476474_beb1690051_z.jpg

Tune built for the Jaguar XKR-S '11 Super Lap Seasonal Event @ Rome Circuit -
January 29, 2014

Pretty good tune. I wish I could find a little bit more front grip in high speed, mid-corner through exit without destroying the rear grip of the car. Maybe if I spent more time with it. I just listen to the outside front tire talking to me most of the lap. It doesn't always turn yellow, but it never stops talking. Anyway, currently a top 300 tune in this seasonal.

Pit Service
No Oil Change
Front Aero A
Stock rims
Paint: British Racing Green

Installed Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Sports Exhaust
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 90/100
Springs 10.00/10.50
Dampers Compression 3/5
Dampers Extension 6/3
Anti-Roll Bars 2/5
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.12/-0.08
Brake balance 5/6

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.000
Top Speed to 137
1st gear 2.825
2nd gear 1.900
3rd gear 1.455
4th gear 1.185
5th gear 1.010
6th gear 0.890
Final gear 3.600

LSD 9/15/7
Power Limiter 98.0%
Ballast 58
Ballast Position +25%

Toyota 86 GT '12
450PP, 264hp, 1150kg

12231318356_82c1ab4632_z.jpg

Tune built for the Toyota 86 GT Super Lap Seasonal Event @ Trail Mountain - January 29, 2014

I am in love with this tune. If you know anything about real world tuning, this setup will drive your mind crazy. I had to ignore my own real world tenancies and just listen to what the 86 GT wanted in game. This car has massive understeer in stock form. I pulled out all of the tricks to get this to rotate correctly. I simply followed my newly published GT6 tuning guide and it lead me to this wonderfully handling machine. Only three of my friends currently faster than me (@GTP_CargoRatt who is a master at time trials, @praiano63 a tuning phenom who is usually half-a-second faster than me and @Johnnypenso who puts done amazing times without SRF). I am happy with placing a top 500 ranking and being close behind these three friends. I can run this tune on top of my ghost all day long.

One really odd thing about this tune. Look at the picture above. I did not think that this tune was super low or super soft so I was really surprised when I went to photo mode. After this, I did go back, raise ride height and increased spring rates to around the middle. The car was worse. So I returned the springs to slightly higher than I had them and raised ride height around ten numbers. Went a bit faster with a more predictable car <-- win. Tune below. Feel free to comment on whether it worked for you or not.

Pit Service
No Oil Change
Front Aero A
Stock rims
Paint: Sterling Silver Metallic

Installed Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 110/120 (100/110 in photo above)
Springs 5.15/6.25 (5.10/6.00 in photo above)
Dampers Compression 2/5
Dampers Extension 5/3
Anti-Roll Bars 2/5
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.11/-0.05
Brake balance 5/5 (barely used the brakes with this tune)

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.300
2nd gear 2.300
3rd gear 1.775
4th gear 1.450
5th gear 1.225
6th gear 1.075
Final gear 4.100

LSD 10/14/5
Power Limiter 98.4%
Ballast 22
Ballast Position 15%

Alright Hami, as promised, I tested out your tune here. Before I go and start though, just let me say that I sincerely feel bad about the review I'm about to give, but I have to be completely honest with you. I wish I had better things to say, but sadly, I don't so please don't hate me for being honest with you. So, here is what I came up with.

The car felt very sluggish going through the gears, 3rd in particular. In all my runs with your car, about 3 hours worth, the closest I could get to my ghost with my tune was around .350. It simply couldn't keep up. On the more bumpier sections of the track, it seemed to not hold the road well at all. Like it was just skimming over the bumps instead of absorbing them. This was particularly evident in the first sector. The car seemed to handle the smoother corners better, but showed some understeer if I got on the gas too soon, but nothing I couldn't adapt to. The main things just seemed to be the sluggishness of the car and the seemingly hard suspension.

I remember running a TT here in the WRS and it was learned that it was better if you tuned the car for the bumpier part of the track (mainly the first sector) as opposed to the other parts of the track that weren't so rough. I really don't know what to make of this as your tunes are always spot on, but this one just seems like you missed the mark. I don't know, maybe its just me and others may find it to be a great tune. I can pm you my tune if you like, that way you can see what I'm working with. I think this might just be a case where it just doesn't fit my driving style.

In closing, I just want to once again say that I'm truly sorry I had to give this one a bad review, but I just wanted to be honest with you so please don't hate me. Like I said, this was the first tune of yours that I had any trouble with, which is kinda strange in itself. If you have any questions about my review here, please ask. Again, my apologies.

EDIT: Just wanted to further say that after I tested your tune, I jumped back into my car and was immediately able to keep up with my ghost, at times even being up on it by as much as .300 at some points so it wasn't that I was just having a bad day. Just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited:
Hey MCH, completely off topic here: I've just been grinding after the most recent patch from PD and it seems the 3 tuned Chevs I tried have all gone to s*** so far as handling goes at any speed. Heaps of understeer also - is this my imagination? Thanks mate.

my apologies.

No apology necessary. Thank you for testing it out. You know me, always looking to learn and improve. I would love to see a PM of your tune.

I do agree with what you are saying about the gearbox. I slapped on my standard and maybe this low of a PP level car does not need that much torque reduction. As for the stiff dampers and stiffer springs, I may have been duped by the photo mode. I could not believe that the car felt that good to me but appeared to drag the track in photo mode, so I stiffened and raised the car.

Again, look forward to seeing your tune. I also may take you up on doing a test and tune night. What rig do you use? I have a G27 with NIXIM brake pedal mod that is mounted to a Playseat. I think my driving is improving with the time trials, but in racing there is always improvements to be had.

Hey MCH, completely off topic here: I've just been grinding after the most recent patch from PD and it seems the 3 tuned Chevs I tried have all gone to s*** so far as handling goes at any speed. Heaps of understeer also - is this my imagination? Thanks mate.

I am not sure. I have only gone back to one car, my GT40 Mark I '66 and it actually felt better. But you are not the first person I have heard this from.

I am not sure. I have only gone back to one car, my GT40 Mark I '66 and it actually felt better. But you are not the first person I have heard this from.
Thanks for the prompt reply MCH. No rush at all, only if you get the chance. I should probably read more of the Forum instead of just checking the garages and what not. I also had a Viper Launch Edition tuned to where it would catch the FXX and MC12C on 2nd lap of HSR in whatever the last race of IntB (I think) is and now I can barely get a win it has become so undriveable. At first it felt like the brake balance had changed - and they had - so I just took it out in free run and fiddled around braking from 140 in a straight line until I found where it wouldn't pull either way which was 10/10 but the whole handling has gone to s*** also. Heart goes out to you guys in the FITT contest which I watch with interest from the sidelines and I hope these changes have not played too much havoc with all the tunes. Please keep up the good work educating mugs like me in the 'dark art' of car tuning. Thanks again. :)

No apology necessary. Thank you for testing it out. You know me, always looking to learn and improve. I would love to see a PM of your tune.

I do agree with what you are saying about the gearbox. I slapped on my standard and maybe this low of a PP level car does not need that much torque reduction. As for the stiff dampers and stiffer springs, I may have been duped by the photo mode. I could not believe that the car felt that good to me but appeared to drag the track in photo mode, so I stiffened and raised the car.

Again, look forward to seeing your tune. I also may take you up on doing a test and tune night. What rig do you use? I have a G27 with NIXIM brake pedal mod that is mounted to a Playseat. I think my driving is improving with the time trials, but in racing there is always improvements to be had.

I'll pm you my tune in the morning as I'm already logged out for the night. I am also using my G27 wheel with a Playseat and partially homemade rig with my pedals hard mounted upside down. I'll have to send you a pic so you can see the setup exactly. I'm not using any brake mod at this time but its in the works.

Test and tune night sounds good. With being being on disability, I have all kinds of free time and I am available any time. Glad you're not mad, but I just thought it better to be honest as opposed to just saying, "yea, great tune." :lol: Anyways, I'll pm you my tune in the morning.

Hami..i'll not be the first or the last to praise your efforts..but to put it in numbers my seasonal online ranking went from 150000 or so to 12000..between u and the fella that runs the 300 mph club thanks for showin a rookie the way

You just paint them. I think it is only on six models? The PURE racing series is using them. Pics of the six here:

11484760314_f8b86a2f61_o.png
I bought & painted them all, couldn't find the one with the chequered look though... There must be more than 6 maybe.. I really enjoyed painting & racing them I must say ! It would be great if there were details we could add to our cars in the paint shop... Come on PD it can't be that hard ! I wonder if we can do the same with the rx7's..... Anybody tried yet Hami ?

Heya Hami , just popping by to say thank you for you're tunes ... exellent work and a huge help for the seasonals ...

oh and the GT86 tune got me a 1.34.406 ( yes with srf but still so did most on my list so :P ) top of the (friends) list :D

Last edited:
Hi Mr Hami i have a question if you don't mind, maybe it's a stupid question and i'm sorry if this have been posted before...
Which more important make car faster.... higher torque or higher power? Can you explain a little about torque?
Thanks Mr Hami 👍

Ok edited this a little , youre tune and this seasonal is to damn adicting :P
I started with the goal of beeing in the top 3 of my friendslist and maybe finding a fun 450pp tune ... Now I am chasing that one perfect hotlap and am in the top 100 ( at the moment of typing this edit ) , a place where someone with my driving abilaties should not belong :P .
Even used this tune online and it became an instant hit on my favourite list :D

overall
190th
136th

98th

thanks to you ... i'm really enjoying you're tune :P

did adjust the tranny a bit tho :D

Last edited:
Hi Mr Hami i have a question if you don't mind, maybe it's a stupid question and i'm sorry if this have been posted before...
Which more important make car faster.... higher torque or higher power? Can you explain a little about torque?
Thanks Mr Hami 👍

Simple answer, I am not sure. Longer answer, it seems to differ by car. I have done painstaking comparisons between adding parts and sometimes HP wins out and other times torque. Most often is HP. You really have to build a car for two different options then drive it. I feel like there is a "like" multiplier programmed into cars that the PD programmer liked.

Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
550PP, 510hp, 1350kg

12322947593_10a15275f0_z.jpg

Tune built for the A-Spec International B Super Car Festival - January 29, 2014

The tune was build on sport hard tires to attain its balance, but I needed to switch to sports soft tires in order to beat the Ferrari FXX and the Enzo. The '14 Corvette Stingray was a challenging car to tune. It has massive understeer at speed and was nearly impossible to tune the understeer out of corner exit. I went really, really aggressive with this car, so if it over rotates for you, I can easily help with suggestions to calm it back down. Also, a few changes by track are listed at the bottom of this tune.

Pit Service
No Oil Change
Front Aero A
Rims: OZ Racing Superforgiata painted GT6 Metallic 022
Paint: Lime Rock Green

Installed Parts
Sport Hard to Sport Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 90/100 (adjusted by track below)
Springs 8.0/11.0
Dampers Compression 3/8
Dampers Extension 7/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/5
Camber 0.0/0.8
Toe -0.22/-0.11
Brake balance 6/6

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.000
Top Speed to 149 <- never adjust top speed after this point
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 2.000
3rd gear 1.540
4th gear 1.250
5th gear 1.060
6th gear 0.925
7th gear 0.825
Final gear 4.000 <- adjust final gear to match the longest straight

LSD 7/11/16
Power Limiter 99.0%
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0%
Weight Distribution 50:50

Silverstone Changes: Ride Height to 90/100 and Final Gear to 4.500
Monza Changes: Ride Height to 90/100 and Final Gear to 4.000
Lasarthe Changes: Ride Height to 102/105 and Final Gear to 3.500

Last edited:
550PP, 510hp, 1350kg

The tune was build on sport hard tires to attain its balance, but I needed to switch to sports soft tires in order to beat the Ferrari FXX and the Enzo. The '14 Corvette Stingray was a challenging car to tune. It has massive understeer at speed and was nearly impossible to tune the understeer out of corner exit. I went really, really aggressive with this car, so if it over rotates for you, I can easily help with suggestions to calm it back down. Also, a few changes by track are listed at the bottom of this tune.

Pit Service
No Oil Change
Front Aero A

Installed Parts
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Springs 8.0/11.0
Dampers Compression 3/8
Dampers Extension 7/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/5
Camber 0.0/0.8
Toe -0.22/-0.11
Brake balance 6/6

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.000
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 2.000
3rd gear 1.540
4th gear 1.250
5th gear 1.060
6th gear 0.925
7th gear 0.825

LSD 7/11/16
Power Limiter 99.0%
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0%

Oh yes, oh yes, finally! :) 👍

Wow, some in depth tuning as usual Hami. Has me a little concerned because it looks like there are so many variations to be had...even more than GT5. I haven't tried any of your tunes yet, but I'm thinking the C7 tune will be the first.

Great tuning guide Hami. I read a lot of your work in GT5 and will definitely be referring back to your GT6 guide often. :cheers:

I've got a couple of questions, it'd be great if you could answer them:

1) Front Toe
Toe Angle
- Front toe-in will increase entry turn in, but also reduces mid-corner to exit grip
- Front toe-out will increase mid-corner to exit grip, but also reduces entry turn in

Is this different in GT6 to real life? I always thought in RL that front toe out increased steering response & turn in grip.

2) Dampers
Condition 1: Glowing red front tires under braking

Options: Reduce rear shock extension (lower number) and/or reduce front shock compression (lower number). This should speed up the transfer of weight to the front wheels and provide more front grip under braking.

I thought that stiffer shocks transfer load faster?

e.g. http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/shocktune1.html

But I've hear this argued both ways (yellow highlighted text in link below), and am now a little confused!
http://www.smithees-racetech.com.au/theory/shocktune.html

Cheers,

Bread

I used the GT86 and Jag seasonal tunes. Got around 2 secs beyond gold within a few laps on each. I could do better on both with these tunes, with more time.

I think these are the first of your GT6 tunes I have used. Really enjoyed both drives; great tools to get the job done without too much effort, and there's plenty left to push for a good time if you want to.

Last edited:
Great tuning guide Hami. I read a lot of your work in GT5 and will definitely be referring back to your GT6 guide often. :cheers:

I've got a couple of questions, it'd be great if you could answer them:

1) Front Toe

Is this different in GT6 to real life? I always thought in RL that front toe out increased steering response & turn in grip.

2) Dampers

I thought that stiffer shocks transfer load faster?

e.g. http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/shocktune1.html

But I've hear this argued both ways (yellow highlighted text in link below), and am now a little confused!
http://www.smithees-racetech.com.au/theory/shocktune.html

Cheers,

Bread

In my experience with SCCA road racing and remote controlled racing, toe out in the front produces a better turn in. GT6 is obviously different from real life.

As for the two damper articles that you linked, I had seen the first one and it actually helped as one of the influences for the damper section of my guide. I did find their corner section descriptions a bit confusing so I wrote my own version combining the advice from the three handling books that I had as well as in game testing.

I had not seen the second article that you linked. That one mentions stiffer dampers producing faster transitions. In my mind that goes against the laws of physics. The author does mention attending a race handling class and changing his mind about his theory. That article was a bit all over the place.

In my GT6 testing, a lower damper number produces a faster transition of weight and a higher number provides slower transition.

550PP, 510hp, 1350kg

Pit Service
No Oil Change
Front Aero A

Installed Parts
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Springs 8.0/11.0
Dampers Compression 3/8
Dampers Extension 7/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/5
Camber 0.0/0.8
Toe -0.22/-0.11
Brake balance 6/6

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.000
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 2.000
3rd gear 1.540
4th gear 1.250
5th gear 1.060
6th gear 0.925
7th gear 0.825

LSD 7/11/16
Power Limiter 99.0%
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0%

Where'd you get the Lime Rock Green paint? :)

Wicked tune for the XKR-S, went out and golded first lap without even breaking a sweat.

So controlled and responsive for such a big car! Thank you maestro.

Back