Motorsport Games Board Resigns - All of Them

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 128 comments
Virtual Le Mans seriously need to move to iRacing. If you're gonna have a big event like this, why keep it with a failing company who have already screwed the event instead of going for the company with proven track record.
Money talks, and MSG has a lot of BS in store to fool unsuspecting racing organisers in order to squat on licences.

Last edited:
Money talks, and MSG has a lot of BS in store to fool unsuspecting racing organisers in order to squat on licences.
Oh they're full of it for sure. I'm just unsure how long the facade can keep on going before major partners realise that nothing good will come of them.

A glimmer of hope for the licenses they hold maybe
I'm not even sure about that, Motorsport Games was able to secure all the licenses because they were the only ones willing to release dedicated games for them. Once they inevitably go under they will all be back at square one with their only gaming representation being bit players in a bigger package.

I'm honestly shocked there is actually source code for four games to leak. :eek:

Dmitry Kozko has stepped down as CEO and will be replaced by former president Stephen Hood.

Considering they desperately need some new investors it's not a surprising move, not sure giving the job to someone that was upper management is going to attract anyone though.

The ship is sinking so fast he's probably going to bail before the end of the year. Especially since NASCAR is growing increasingly impatient with the state of its games.

I'm really starting to feel like the odds of NASCAR going back to EA (most likely by way of Codemasters) is increasing at a very rapid rate. Seems like it's either going to be that or iRacing actually gives Monster Games full access to their game engine to handle the console end of things, but that still feels very unlikely at this stage.

Either way, NASCAR can't afford to keep piddling around with budget developers anymore if they actually want to have a quality product representing them.

I'm really starting to feel like the odds of NASCAR going back to EA (most likely by way of Codemasters) is increasing at a very rapid rate. Seems like it's either going to be that or iRacing actually gives Monster Games full access to their game engine to handle the console end of things, but that still feels very unlikely at this stage.

Either way, NASCAR can't afford to keep piddling around with budget developers anymore if they actually want to have a quality product representing them.
I wish iRacing were brave enough to go all in with that. It worked out for ACC, is it the best selling title ever? No, but it has a loyal following, sold well and is much loved. If iRacing could do that with NASCAR, it really would be quite something.

You're right, it's unlikely, but ACC has proven that tactic can work.

In trying to offload one of those awful Vanilla Gift Card things, I bought NASCAR Rivals on the Switch the other day, and it's actually quite good. But I suppose all they did there was use the NASCAR Heat 5 engine/assets and merge them with the few good bits of NASCAR 21 Ignition (which is a horrid game). Still, they have a genuinely good NASCAR game to show for it, even if it's only on the Switch so nobody will really know about it.

I don't have any expectation that they'll release anything else now, they even seem to have canned their planned 2022 update for Heat 5 so if they can't even manage a DLC roster update, I doubt they can release anything.

The NASCAR and Indycar licences just need a good home that'll do them justice. I really hope they don't just go to iRacing, I really want a good console game or two out of this mess however long it takes.

The next part of this saga seems to be on the horizon as supposedly there will be a "substantial announcement" about NASCAR console games in the near future.

The article linked in the tweet doesn't really give any details, but the fact iRacing, Rocket League and Roblox were mentioned yet nothing about MSG was said fills me with hope NASCAR is moving on.

The next part of this saga seems to be on the horizon as supposedly there will be a "substantial announcement" about NASCAR console games in the near future.

The article linked in the tweet doesn't really give any details, but the fact iRacing, Rocket League and Roblox were mentioned yet nothing about MSG was said fills me with hope NASCAR is moving on.

MSG needs to be kicked and sued out of business. The fastest route to a game after them is just going back to Monster Games who are owned by iracing now.

Nascar needs to do brand deals with other games in the meantime to keep their name out there. Like get that Le Mans car in Forza or GT.

The Monster Games NASCAR games were quite good by the end and their subsequent games have been excellent especially SRX which I think is one of the most underrated gems out there. Everything MSG has touched has turned to utter rubbish, Rivals on the Switch maybe excepted. They need to be ditched ASAP and left to rot.

I hope nascar, btcc, indy and the wec all regret signing with motorsport games.

I hope they also get embarassed for this debacle.

Utter losers.

I hope nascar, btcc, indy and the wec all regret signing with motorsport games.

I hope they also get embarassed for this debacle.

Utter losers.
Well, if any lessons will be learned it will cause them not to sign any gamestudio. Resulting in no racing games for these disciplines at all…..

Well, if any lessons will be learned it will cause them not to sign any gamestudio. Resulting in no racing games for these disciplines at all…..
They have themselves blame to be honest not developers or publishers when they go and sign with motorsport games on top even a exclusive deal.

Now its all.coming crashing down I guess wec, indy or nascar wont blame themselves for getting into this deal at the first place when they can go licence their product to a wide range of racing games.

They have themselves blame to be honest not developers or publishers when they go and sign with motorsport games on top even a exclusive deal.
In fairness to the series' involved I can see why they signed. At the beginning it seemed like MSG was completely on the up and up, they had the backing (seemingly), a well respected sim developer and a few decently received releases under their belt. Add in the fact apart from NASCAR it had been at least 15 years since any of the series had a dedicated game and it makes a little more sense why they would sign an exclusive deal.

In fairness to the series' involved I can see why they signed. At the beginning it seemed like MSG was completely on the up and up, they had the backing (seemingly), a well respected sim developer and a few decently received releases under their belt. Add in the fact apart from NASCAR it had been at least 15 years since any of the series had a dedicated game and it makes a little more sense why they would sign an exclusive deal.
This puts it very succinctly.
For example, before MSG, the number of BTCC games since 2010 was....
Zero
Nil
None
Nada

To be choosy, you must have a choice.

if you haven't had a plumber in your town for 15 years and someone offers you money to use them, do you say "No"?

NASCAR finally set to ditch MSG it looks like

Last edited:
I hope Indy, WEC and Btcc are next.

Goodbye motorsport games. You will not be missed by anybody.

Good riddance.

Back