Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments

He got away unharmed, after a suspected fractured leg, they just announced he's okay.
Note: He was driving for the championship and that was the last race of the season.

EDIT: Gnah, if the timecode doesn't work, skip to 39:00

He got away unharmed, after a suspected fractured leg, they just announced he's okay.
Note: He was driving for the championship and that was the last race of the season.

EDIT: Gnah, if the timecode doesn't work, skip to 39:00

That's gonna suck tomorrow, glad he's ok,

Jury is out on this being brilliant, stupid or just plain crazy, but it sure is something!

(Is also just as worthy of being in the track limits thread...)

Last edited:
I mean the DTM have never really cared about track limits, but allowing someone to get an overtake by cutting a chicane is quite bad

Jury is out on this being brilliant, stupid or just plain crazy, but it sure is something!

(Is also just as worthy of being in the track limits thread...)

Jeez! Don't worry about keeping it between the white lines Mr.Wickens :rolleyes:

Found this way funnier than I probably should have:

Probably not what actually happened but this is how I like to think it went down:

Driver in red: "Hmm I think that crash was my fault. I better run over and apologise as quickly as possible!"

Driver in white: "Oh dear that might have been my fault, I hope he's not mad- OH CRAP RUN AWAY!!!"

There's a great photo from his FB (click to expand);

14590120_10154028277435678_8297021426278918209_o.jpg

Not strictly a motorsport OMG moment but when looking for a photo for the caption competition I also found this and wanted to share for reasons of cuteness overload. :D

f1-japanese-gp-2016-young-renault-sport-f1-team-fans-with-a-pirelli-tyre.jpg

I think F1 is missing a trick here - entirely kid-operated F1 support series. Watching 7-year olds chasing after (or running away from) tyres rolling down the pit lane, or kid-Charlie Whiting causing chaos by mashing every button at his disposal would probably be more entertaining than current F1 racing - plus there'd be no more crying and whining on the team radio than we have now.............. ;)

Back