Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments
Racing the TT on a bike is infinitely more dangerous than doing it in a kart.

Fair enough, but both are pretty dangerous in their own right. You're still exposed in a kart, and a kart isn't necessarily a car full of body panels to protect you...

I'm having a very hard time trying to decide who was the bigger idiot here, Saavedra or Perez:

Both of them are equally stupid in my opinion as it went from a simple racing incident to using vehicles as weapons, and then retaliating once more with said vehicles. Hopefully both were heavily fined and suspended for acting like children instead of race car drivers.

I'm having a very hard time trying to decide who was the bigger idiot here, Saavedra or Perez:

The blue car driver is the only idiot. He hit him in the back once, then 2nd time. Then as the idiot told the other driver to turn left, he himself went anyways, against his own instructions and proceeded to go forward as the other guy tried to go left.

One pulled a racing move that wasn't one, the other made a deliberate move which could have easily been fatal. Saavedra wins the bigger idiot prize in my books.

giphy.gif

No one was harmed in this video.

Now that's what I call England-on-England car violence. That Mclaren just snapped and crashed into the guardrail, and then came back to wreck the Bentley. Well, that wasn't pleasing for both teams...

...' bank accounts.

Nothing says "bone-headed" quite like going off the track, and then taking two cars out when you attempt to merge back with the traffic... These moves never work, and I struggle to think why do these drivers think they can get back to the track like Reay did. :boggled:

Nothing says "bone-headed" quite like going off the track, and then taking two cars out when you attempt to merge back with the traffic... These moves never work, and I struggle to think why do these drivers think they can get back to the track like Reay did. :boggled:
Ryan forced Pagenaud off track into a swamp. Pagenaud had no choice but to go where the car took him since he had no control.

Ryan forced Pagenaud off track into a swamp. Pagenaud had no choice but to go where the car took him since he had no control.

Oops, it seems that I got the drivers mixed up, never mind what I said. :dunce:

But yes, Ryan forced Pagenaud into losing control of his car, and then it ended up with three drivers out of the race. It's still a dumb move, because instead of gaining positions, the only thing Ryan gained was a trip to the barriers.

Back