Motorsports Trivia Thread!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,235 comments
  • 467,842 views
I'll go :cheers:

It could be very tricky for some though.

Who was the last driver to both score a DNF and a Win *officially* during the Bathurst 1000?
 
Who was the last driver to both score a DNF and a Win *officially* during the Bathurst 1000?

What do you mean by that? That he was sharing two cars at the same race, one won and the other retired?
 
What do you mean by that? That he was sharing two cars at the same race, one won and the other retired?

Won the race in one car, but also hopped in the teams second car at one stage before that car failed to finish.
 
Since that is not allowed any more, it would have had to have been pre 1997-ish, possibly long before that. Did Peter Brock get one of his wins by hopping in the other HDT car?
 
Unless it was one of those sneaky supertouring Bathurst 1000 races. Could be someone like Rickard Rydell or Jim Richards.
 
Thats why I said 1997-ish, since that was the era of the Bathurst 1000 war. I expect the answer will be pre 1990 though.
 
Since this thread has been dead for a month or so, I thought I would revive it with a new question:

Who was in talks to make a one-off appearance for Jordan at the 1997 British Grand Prix before Peugeot said no?
 
Since this thread has been dead for a month or so, I thought I would revive it with a new question:

Who was in talks to make a one-off appearance for Jordan at the 1997 British Grand Prix before Peugeot said no?

Colin McRae? I'm sure he tested a Jordan around that time.
 
Tierry Henry? Or was that too early with his Renault sponsorship?
 
Nope.

Even if this person had driven, they would not have been recognised as driving.
 
Nope.

Even if this person had driven, they would not have been recognised as driving.

Now it gets strange... hmmmm.

I'm going to guess either Damon Hill (the British connection and he'd spent a couple of seasons with Renault power), or Jordan herself - I remember she was painted yellow once for a Jordan shoot :)
 
I'm going to guess either Damon Hill (the British connection and he'd spent a couple of seasons with Renault power), or Jordan herself
Nope.

This person is not British - but if it had happened, they would have been British.
 
Okay:

This person had never driven a racing car before. And as far as I know, they still haven't.

Curiouser and curiouser. I'm out of ideas except for Gary Anderson.
 
Curiouser and curiouser. I'm out of ideas except for Gary Anderson.
Okay ...

Someone drove a Red Bull under similar circumstances at Willowbank Raceway a few years ago.
 
He drove at Willowbank - but he wasn't going to appear at Silverstone in 1997.
 
Bob Geldof? Father Ted? They're the only Irishmen I can think of who was famous in the late '90s.
 
Yes, this person is Irish - but if they had done it, they would have been British. And they never would have been recognised by the FIA as having done it.
 
Yes, this person is Irish - but if they had done it, they would have been British.

So the licensing/permit would have been British... the bit I'm struggling to get my head around is that the FIA wouldn't have recognised their drive. An exhibition drive?
 
Back