Motorsports Trivia Thread!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,235 comments
  • 468,214 views
OK then...I'm somewhat bad at doing these myself, but here goes:

In what year did a car that had set the fastest time in qualifying for Lemans 24 Hours fail to start from the pole position?
1991. The 3rd fastest car in qualifying, a Peugeot 905, started from pole. The fastest qualifier (a M-B C11) ran an old-regulation turbocharged engine and started 11th because the top 10 grid-slots were reserved for new 3.5L WSC cars.

Edit: Added extra info.
 
Last edited:
I can't think of a good question...

Name the driver who scored all three of his F2 wins at the same circuit.
 
F2 drivers.. F2 drivers.. I'm kinda stumped, so it's just guess work.

Derek Warwick, at Silverstone?
 
Stab in the dark here but Jo Siffert at Enna?
 
I think 3 days is a long enough forfeit. Let's keep the ball rolling with an easy one...

Which F1 driver has the longest gap between Grands Prix and what were those races?
 
Jan Lammers. Dutch GP (July 3 1982) - 10 Years, 3 Months and 22 Days - Japanese GP (October 25 1992).
 
Correct! Told you it was easy. Although Lammers did fail to qualify for the British and French GPs, following the Dutch GP of 1982.
 
Ok, here's a question. Don't know about the difficulty though.

Which book series is Ralf Schumacher a big fan of?
 
Lord Of The Rings?

The question has a very tenuous link to motorsports, if I'm honest.
 
MazdaPrice
Lord Of The Rings?

The question has a very tenuous link to motorsports, if I'm honest.

Yeah, maybe that one was a bit of topic and hard. The answer was the Harry Potter series if anyone was wondering.

Here's another question. Quite easy.

Approximately how many components make up a Formula 1 car? And, if it were assembled with only 99.9% of the components, how many things would be wrong?
 
Bopop4
80,000 and 80 things would go wrong.

Yep, correct. 👍 Your go.
 
Ok, which Grand Prix winner is now a she?
 
Are we talking about F1 or not? Mike Duff who won two 250cc motorcycle grand prix is now known as Michelle Duff.
 
Are we talking about F1 or not? Mike Duff who won two 250cc motorcycle grand prix is now known as Michelle Duff.

Yep, you got it! I didn't specify what type of GP though :sly:
 
Oooh, that was a very good question. I had no idea.
 
She got a sex change. I met her at the Toronto motorcycle show a couple of weeks ago, strong grip :scared:
 
Who did a jack and jill on the day a king was crowned

What Exaclty happened?

sexchangeexplainedtokid.jpg
 
Last edited:
That's weird! But the funniest picture ever! +1000000 I loled :lol: :dopey:

Thanks. Care to take a guess at my question? I'm worried that I've posted another difficult one.
 
Back