Motorsports Trivia Thread!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,235 comments
  • 468,041 views
F1 fan
Thanks. Care to take a guess at my question? I'm worried that I've posted another difficult one.

I don't understand what your asking
 
Is it like somebody got into an accident in the final race of the season?
Edit 1985 Adelaide?
 
What does a "jack and jill" mean? Is it a metaphor?
 
It's a nursery rhyme.

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.
Up Jack got, and home did trot,
As fast as he could caper,
To old Dame Dob, who patched his nob
With vinegar and brown paper.
 
I know that, I don't get it's relation to Motorsport though
 
The injury could be like a crash and the king could be a new champion.
 
We are doing riddles now?

The answer to my unanswered question from the previous page is Patrick Tambay. His only F2 wins all came at Nogaro in 74, 75 and 76.
 
Last edited:
We are doing riddles now? I don't understand what you mean by "Jack and Jill"; are you referring to group masturbation?

The answer to my unanswered question from the previous page is Patrick Tambay. His only F2 wins all came at Nogaro in 74, 75 and 76.

I think they moved on because you were talking about F2. And it was 40 years ago...
 
I moved it on because it had been 3 days without reply. 48 hours is generally the accepted timeline. But still, good question SagarisGTB.

I'm stumped with this riddle though...
 
Oh, no worries about moving on. That's perfectly fine, there's no reason to stop the game if a question isn't answered. In my post above, I was just giving the answer for anyone who was curious and for the sake of thread completeness.
 
The injury could be like a crash and the king could be a new champion.

Exactly. Though not statistically a champion, but you're thinking along the right lines.


Nope. The race in question has a lot of history.
 
They stopped the Spa 1000km when the Belgian King died.

Something along those lines?
 
They stopped the Spa 1000km when the Belgian King died.

Something along those lines?

Nope. Sorry. I think a lot of people will kick themselves when they hear the answer.
 
Is the crash fatal? Like Earnhardt Sr crashing at Daytona and becoming a legend?
 
Is the crash fatal? Like Earnhardt Sr crashing at Daytona and becoming a legend?

Nope. Although I'm surprised it wasn't.
 
Martin Donnelly, Gerhard Berger, Mark Webber, Peter Dumbreck... all very serious accidents, but I can't link them to a King being crowned...
 
Martin Donnelly, Gerhard Berger, Mark Webber, Peter Dumbreck... all very serious accidents, but I can't link them to a King being crowned...

Nope. More recent than any of them.
 
Ralf Schumacher crashing at Indy in 2004, around the same time Dubya was re-elected President?
 
Ralf Schumacher crashing at Indy in 2004, around the same time Dubya was re-elected President?

Nope. Think back to my original sentence. Two big clues right there.
 
Mike Parkes and Ludovico Scarfiotti tied at the 1967 Syracuse Grand Prix. Does this have to do with the question?
 
Mike Parkes and Ludovico Scarfiotti tied at the 1967 Syracuse Grand Prix. Does this have to do with the question?

Nope.
 
Back