MR Corvette C8 - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,292 comments
Sounds like a turbo version of the LT6 in the ZR1. Whether it will also have the AWD hybrid from the E-Ray is a different story

Sounds like a turbo version of the LT6 in the ZR1. Whether it will also have the AWD hybrid from the E-Ray is a different story

Jesus, that thing is way turbo. I'm curious why they've left the wastegates open out the back. All four pipes seem to fit...I wonder if they're planning to do that for the road? No way that would pass a dBa scale for sound testing especially in Europe. Cars get away with loud rumbly V8 exhausts because low tones don't factor highly on the dBa scale.

Last edited:
Jesus, that thing is way turbo. I'm curious why they've left the wastegates open out the back. All four pipes seem to fit...I wonder if they're planning to do that for the road? No way that would pass a dBa scale for sound testing especially in Europe. Cars get away with loud rumbly V8 exhausts because low tones don't factor highly on the dBa scale.
Probably because GM knew that there would be spotters at the 'ring and could get some free viral publicity.

Back