MR oh no more

Poland
Poland
bartofslaves
Hello gtplanet,

(EXCLUDED LMPT)

We all know that GT6 brought *especially* new physics model to MR cars.

Have you noticed that noone is using them lately on servers? And definetly if using not winning. And after that whinnin about phys model.

I hope I am wrong. Please flame me if so.

Most of MR cars are kinda hard to control for a lot of players. If you join rooms with low level players you wont see anyone use them probably, but thats not the case if players have decent or good level.

Besides...

*cough* Mazda RX500 *cough*

This is a ridiculously fast MR car, to give an example.

The Lotus Elise 111R still very fast too, or the brand new KTM X-BOW and the LCC Rocket are very fast aswell.

Mster232 - im not saying NSX cant be driven good, its that additional grip on med/high speed corners doesnt make it up for stability issues

to make things clear - im talking about gt500 cars

Mster232 - im not saying NSX cant be driven good, its that additional grip on med/high speed corners doesnt make it up for stability issues

to make things clear - im talking about gt500 cars
I also have a GT500 NSX and that drives fine too. The physics have changed, yes, but I don't understand why people are complaining about the physics of MR cars in general. You just need to make sure you don't suddenly come off the throttle mid-corner, and if you do it needs to be a slow gradual movement to increase stability.

BUT There are a lot of them, I tried only a premium and a standard one, you might try them all. I think standards are still better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the mr cars aren't too hard to drive and the only one I have trouble with is the LMS ultra. It was my favourite race car to drive in gt5

Some of the MR cars have terible weight distribution.. the F40 for example have 40:60.. so if you adjust that to near 49:51 every MR car will stick like glue..

I think that the mr cars aren't too hard to drive and the only one I have trouble with is the LMS ultra. It was my favourite race car to drive in gt5
There are other hard MR cars to drive with stock settings, like the Stratos, the Reventón, or the Huayra, to give some examples.

So you're only talking about MR GT500 cars? In this case yes, I think the NSX are not as good as they used to be in GT5. I like HSV better

I think the NSX in gt6 has improved by comparison. It took a bit of getting used to but my recent races i can match and beat the gtr's, something I found difficult to do consistantly in gt5.

So you're only talking about MR GT500 cars? In this case yes, I think the NSX are not as good as they used to be in GT5. I like HSV better
I agree, the NSX GT500 cars are crap compared to how they were in GT5. Huge disappointment for me.

I think the NSX in gt6 has improved by comparison. It took a bit of getting used to but my recent races i can match and beat the gtr's, something I found difficult to do consistantly in gt5.
What? In GT5 the NSX GT500 were FAR better than the GTR's... but the standard ones, not the premium ones.
Here in GT6 the GTR's seem to be exactly the same but the NSX seem to have became much worse.

Some of the MR cars have terible weight distribution.. the F40 for example have 40:60.. so if you adjust that to near 49:51 every MR car will stick like glue..

that is not so easy to be honest

any ideas how to tame MR in fast turns by other settings?

Hello gtplanet,

(EXCLUDED LMPT)

We all know that GT6 brought *especially* new physics model to MR cars.

Have you noticed that noone is using them lately on servers? And definetly if using not winning. And after that whinnin about phys model.

I hope I am wrong. Please flame me if so.
I always race with MR cars online and I win almost every race in rooms with all aids and abs off,AND THIS ARE MY FAVORITES CARS IN GT6!

This is very bad example of PD's limited perfectionism. Full star map of night sky, but not correctly defined basic variables for car behaving as its real life counterpart. And not for some 30hp Subaru from 60's but for such iconic car that F40 is.

The real F40 is far from the easiest thing to drive, and there are videos of most super/hypercars being crashed in everyday situations as well as at speed. Only racing drivers can reach the limits generally, especially in fast MR cars. The stats may be off, which is quite openly admitted by PD when the game starts up, but the difficulty isn't excessive. Not that I'm saying I don't have problems, because I do, just that I accept I have a lot to learn.

My only problem is that MR cars tend to be a little less accessible for those of us using a dualshock rather than a wheel. I don't think PD have 'broken' them, it just means that they are trickier for those who can't necessarily control whether they jump off the accelerator or jump on the brake mid corner; using a dualshock you don't have as much control over the 'weight' on the pedal.

For what it's worth, the only MR car I have put through it's pace in GT6 atm is the '91(?) Acura NSX. Bare stock on CS no aids (3-1 brake bias) and I must say, when you get used to the car, it's very enjoyable and drives real good. I had some trouble with lift-off oversteer in the beginning, but when I got used to the car it was quite easy to control and be fast with.

My only problem is that MR cars tend to be a little less accessible for those of us using a dualshock rather than a wheel. I don't think PD have 'broken' them, it just means that they are trickier for those who can't necessarily control whether they jump off the accelerator or jump on the brake mid corner; using a dualshock you don't have as much control over the 'weight' on the pedal.
Nope, It's just a matter of being precise. You can countersteer easier with the joystick, and you can use the other joystick for throttle/braking. But you can still use the gas/brakes with the X and square buttons perfectly, its all about precision and doing little taps when necessary and pressing them completely when necessary.

I use almost exclusively MR-cars, mostly for racing online, even with a DS3. I also see them used by my friends and other people joining. It's not different to GT5. I actually think in the range I'm racing (550-600 PP roadcars) the MR's got more competitive, mostly from some FR-cars like the CSL's losing though.
But I surely agree the handling of some MRs like the famed R8 Ultra is broken. But that's more an issue of some cars imo.

I
Nope, It's just a matter of being precise. You can countersteer easier with the joystick, and you can use the other joystick for throttle/braking. But you can still use the gas/brakes with the X and square buttons perfectly, its all about precision and doing little taps when necessary and pressing them completely when necessary.
I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying that it is harder to drive an MR in GT6 than it is to drive other flavours (FR, RR, 4WD etc).

Z1-AV69
But I surely agree he handling of some MRs like the famed R8 Ultra is broken. But that's more an issue of some cars imo.

I think this is a good point as well, I remember taking out a stock F430 and it was fantastic to drive. Some cars are trickier than others, but I struggle to enjoy them as much as I used to...

I always race with MR cars online and I win almost every race in rooms with all aids and abs off,AND THIS ARE MY FAVORITES CARS IN GT6!
The fact that many MR's are indeed very fast, doesn't mean that some of them don't have wonky handling. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Jesus here we go again.

If you're having trouble using MR cars (ESPECIALLY if you're using a controller) turn SRF on.

There's nothing wrong with MR's. People wanted more realistic physics, and then complain when we get more realistic physics.

If I want to do some of the career mode races then I do turn on the aids, however the fluctuation of MR cars makes me think that the physics aren't 100% consistent. I haven't driven a ferrari F430 or F430 Scuderia on a race track, however I can't see why the F430 handles like a dream, but the scuderia (to me using a controller with no aids on either) seems to want to spin all the time. They aren't THAT different in real life, so why are they so different in the game?

If I want to do some of the career mode races then I do turn on the aids, however the fluctuation of MR cars makes me think that the physics aren't 100% consistent. I haven't driven a ferrari F430 or F430 Scuderia on a race track, however I can't see why the F430 handles like a dream, but the scuderia (to me using a controller with no aids on either) seems to want to spin all the time. They aren't THAT different in real life, so why are they so different in the game?

The F430 and the 430 Scuderia are quite different IRL. Do a google search on the differences.

I know the differences, but I still feel they handle too differently in the game. They handle as though the weight distribution is completely different, but they are the same in real life. I know this is only one element of the performance and handling, but the GT physics are very reliant on the weight distribution to determine differences. Or at least that is my experience.

Back