Mr RobotTV 

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 53 comments
United Kingdom
Solid Gone
MeanElf
A very interesting series with plenty of misdirection and use of nods to other films such as
Fightclub - which I feel plays an integral part in that misdirection

As with recent US TV series, this first series has just ten episodes and after watching the first five last night, I am still none the wiser as what truly might be going on. Definitely a well written and thought-provoking story, well acted also.

Series of the year for me, so far. Rami Malik is brilliant for the role. S2 has a lot to live up to, which usually means it will be a 1 season wonder. Still, totally worth it.

Series of the year for me, so far. Rami Malik is brilliant for the role. S2 has a lot to live up to, which usually means it will be a 1 season wonder. Still, totally worth it.
They have confirmed a second series so far, or did you mean that the quality might not remain the same?

Having just finished the last episode now, I was very impressed by how it was all kept floating slightly ahead of the expectation. Okay, some things were quite clear from early on, but the diffusion and distraction kept it all fresh and open as to what might be going on.

The double cliff-hanger was also a nice touch.

Judging by the longevity of most threads in this forum that aren't anime or popular film/TV series based, I don't expect this thread to be a hub of activity - but at least it is here for anyone who wishes to discuss it :)

I watched it on DVR - after my brothers saw the series - during a strange time. One's in video game coding/programming and the other's starting up as a PC tech. Where the hell do I fit in? psh I dip my pinkie in the waters.

I gotta say, USA Network is 🤬 awesome for picking this up. I wonder what it was like to produce such a gem, how it was written or created; all of this show on a station which has some underrated/overrated shows on it. They roll the dice for damn sure. I really like a couple or few other shows they push out.

This show though... :MnDiBwolN:

Easily the best drama of 2015 but it somehow seemed to slip under the radar for a lot of people, everyone I recommended it too loved it also.

Dont forget to watch the scene after the credit in the final episode ;)

Damn I think I may have missed it :dunce: Thanks for the heads up! It's definitely a series that deserves more than one viewing though, it was on my to-do list already just to see if some of the 'twists' (I wouldnt call them twists, revelations maybe) are actually foreseeable (eg in spoiler) :)

For example, when we first meet Darlene she barges in to Elliot's flat and gives the impression that she's a bit of a rude/unrespectful/flirty and overly confident character, so it gives you the wrong impression of her. In hindsight it's perfectly understandable that she behaved that way because she's actually really close to Elliot. I think there's probably a lot of moments like this which only make sense after the fact

Just watched S01E01 last night and planning on continuing some more tonight.

It's not OMG, I MUST CONTINUE NOW yet but it's certain intriguing.

TB
Just watched S01E01 last night and planning on continuing some more tonight.

It's not OMG, I MUST CONTINUE NOW yet but it's certain intriguing.
It's a bit of a slow burner, certainly during the first episode - but it does feed you enough throughout most of the subsequent episodes to build up quite a head of steam.

I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
I do like Elliots 'rants'.

WARNING: not actually a spoiler but use of 'bad' language in the title.

Last edited:
Due to one thing and another, I couldn't see episode 7 (eps2.5_h4ndshake.sme) until last night. Damn, I really didn't expect such a switch around - and it was so masterfully done...

This puts a very new slant on things and potentially a complete shift onto the rest of the series...
I mean, this whole inside-his-head-thing they've had going from early on in series 1 could be taken anywhere now. I also got a Ghost in the Shell vibe from the last scene between Ray and Elliot

I also got a distinct feel, or at least a nod to Kōji Suzuki and the third Ring book: Loop
...the virus from outside and how the first two books, along with our world, is just a Matrix style simulation
but maybe I am seeing too much into this - difficult not to though when they keep pulling stunts like episode 7 :odd:

I enjoy reading the discussion blogs on Gizmodo after every episode and many readers there had predicted what would happen in the recent episode. This season has been sort of disappointing. The director, Esmail, isn't as good as the other director that worked on the first season.

...This season has been sort of disappointing. The director, Esmail, isn't as good as the other director that worked on the first season.
You never know, I'd wait until the end of the season because it has that kind of feeling about it from the start, a slow build up.

I enjoy reading the discussion blogs on Gizmodo after every episode and many readers there had predicted what would happen in the recent episode. This season has been sort of disappointing. The director, Esmail, isn't as good as the other director that worked on the first season.
The start of the season started too slow imo, but now it's as good as it's ever been and fit's perfectly in what we saw last season.

Don't Click on the spolier tag if you haven't season Episode 10.
Im fairly sure Darlene survived that, but her boyfreind didn't. Once the FBI said they were releasing his discription i was pretty confident that was going to happen, it also seems like everyone is getting close to busted at this point yet there is soo much unexplained things going on at the same time, Tyrell Walek and Elliots unexplained business with the Dark Army most of all

Don't Click on the spolier tag if you haven't season Episode 10.
Im fairly sure Darlene survived that, but her boyfreind didn't. Once the FBI said they were releasing his discription i was pretty confident that was going to happen, it also seems like everyone is getting close to busted at this point yet there is soo much unexplained things going on at the same time, Tyrell Walek and Elliots unexplained business with the Dark Army most of all
Busy indeed and it's getting intense alright - some nice suspense being built all around.

I agree about the Dark Army contact - he was still sat upright when the shooting started, also the shooter didn't aim downwards, just sprayed horizontally.

At first I thought the Dark army was the real ones with the true power pulling E Corp and Fsociety Strings in some power game, but im fairly certain there is much more to that, it seems like all 3 are infact in a power game that F society isn't aware of who really only sees E Corp.

The Next episode I have a feeling will go back in time to explain more about Elliots Situation with the Dark Army before going ahead to explain what just happened at the end of Episode 10

I also wonder if Elliot is the one with all the power but he doesn't even know

At first I thought the Dark army was the real ones with the true power pulling E Corp and Fsociety Strings in some power game, but im fairly certain there is much more to that, it seems like all 3 are infact in a power game that F society isn't aware of who really only sees E Corp.

The Next episode I have a feeling will go back in time to explain more about Elliots Situation with the Dark Army before going ahead to explain what just happened at the end of Episode 10

I also wonder if Elliot is the one with all the power but he doesn't even know
I think you may well be right about Ep. 11.

When the series first came out, I got a distinct feeling something like a Fight Club scenario was unfolding in the background - if you haven't seen that film, I won't say any more than that.

Oh so there's more episode this season ? I thought eps.10 was the season finale like last year.

Edit : Just checked and apparently it's 12 this season. With a double finale episode.

Oh so there's more episode this season ? I thought eps.10 was the season finale like last year.

Edit : Just checked and apparently it's 12 this season. With a double finale episode.
Yep, seems to be a new thing as BrainDead is doing the same. Should be intense.

Back