MrAngryBirdsHDz GTPDz Competition

At the OP: @MrAngryBirds :

You might want to take a look at this: For rules, and judging. (I have not read the thread myself, so I can't judge the contents decently, but the thread title suggests it should be good for learning how to judge.)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...explained-for-gt6-drift-battles.306688/unread

And this: As an example of how to host a competition.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rop-5-rd-3-winner.305886/page-12#post-9555364
I host real comps? whaaaa..... :gtpflag:

I've stepped into a parallel universe.

In-A-Parallel-Universe.jpg

@MrAngryBirds, @Gonales speaks sense 👍

Was not perfect because there was 12 people in the lobby, but next weekend will be 3 judges and 8 drifters. Join us at Saturday 8PM (PST). (Please don't hate, it make me sad) :)

At the OP: @MrAngryBirds :

You might want to take a look at this: For rules, and judging. (I have not read the thread myself, so I can't judge the contents decently, but the thread title suggests it should be good for learning how to judge.)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...explained-for-gt6-drift-battles.306688/unread

And this: As an example of how to host a competition.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rop-5-rd-3-winner.305886/page-12#post-9555364
I don't want to use D1 or Formula Drift Rules, I just want to use my own RULES and just having fun that's all! :)

I don't want to use D1 or Formula Drift Rules, I just want to use my own RULES and just having fun that's all! :)

People need clear rules, because judging is not easy at all. And to be fair, to everybody competing, it's not more than logical if everybody knew the rules, which is why I would suggest the following:

If you want more people on this site competing in your videos you're gonna have to write up an awesome O.P clear cut stating the rules format or else this thing is going to look like a dud.

I don't know what to do? Help me out please.
read the responses and take the advice. we dont like BS rules and Judging. just like racing we have rules for which we abide by for comps to make it fair for everyone. i made the thread about the FD and D1 rules to avoid comps like yours (bs rules and judging). think of it as the GTP Drift Community OLR

Last edited:
People need clear rules, because judging is not easy at all. And to be fair, to everybody competing, it's not more than logical if everybody knew the rules, which is why I would suggest the following:
Thanks to your help BayouSimDrifter and Gonales, I just combine D1GP & Formula Drift together. Idk if you guys like it or not? :/
- Judges looking for line, angle, style, and speed.
- Anyone who spinout will be out and under-steer will be lose points
- Safe pass is a win, when the lead car is well off line and the follow overtake.
- If you off course by one wheel = you will lose points
- Lead car should be focusing hitting all clipping point and zones with the maximum line, angle, style, and speed as
possible
- Chase car should get as close to the lead car as possible as long as the chase car's front wheels DO NOT reach in front of the lead car's front wheels. Try to gain more angle than lead car and show true dominance to the lead car.

Thanks to your help BayouSimDrifter and Gonales, I just combine D1GP & Formula Drift together. Idk if you guys like it or not? :/
- Judges looking for line, angle, style, and speed.
- Anyone who spinout will be out and under-steer will be lose points
- Safe pass is a win, when the lead car is well off line and the follow overtake.
- If you off course by one wheel = you will lose points
- Lead car should be focusing hitting all clipping point and zones with the maximum line, angle, style, and speed as
possible
- Chase car should get as close to the lead car as possible as long as the chase car's front wheels DO NOT reach in front of the lead car's front wheels. Try to gain more angle than lead car and show true dominance to the lead car.
take you time and think about it before you post it no need to rush through.

@MrAngryBirds; Some good advices (and links) there, mate, but your summary is, imo, already decent if you're runing a friendly competition, just for fun, and people in the lobby can behave.
I would add to those, out of my head, 2 wheels out (and perhaps even clear straightening) would be a 0.

The main thing that I've learned from hosting a couple of comps - even amongst selected friends - is that people tend to get overcompetitive and no one enjoys losing, that's why, as they say, everything should be CRISTAL clear from the start. (and that's also one of the reasons why I stopped hosting them for a while).
Where to start, where's the speed matching zone/courtesy run, line/clips, and finish...(don't let people initiate like if it was a drag race, that's AWFULL and disrespectfull imo).

There's also the matter of "the other" things that tend to happen during these comps such as; crashes (whose fault was it ?), taps and pushes (whose fault was it ?), sudden lag jumps, etc etc..you know, those weird online issues that we GT player, are blessed with everyday. (BTW PD, when is this *enters track everyone has a lag jump* going to end ?).

Also consider some simple rules for people that fall out of the lobby during the comp (a time limit to get back on?). Also for people that simply decide to go and get pizza/popcorn/go take the dog out for a walk........on the middle of a comp...*HATE THAT!* (personally I sugest having a time limit for a player to get on track) and, if you allow that same player to do his/her run after getting back on lobby. You know, that sort of annoying things that ALWAYS happen when you don't want them to happen.
These last issues are the ones also - that from my experience - delllaaaaaaaaayyy a comp, make people unhappy, makes the whole thing go on forever and ever and are very important, as you probably have noticed, hosting comps online.

Good luck with the organization of it, you'll need it (and also a LOOOOT of time). Been there :/

EDIT: I also have one other tip; something I don't think I ever saw online (but im might be wrong?). In case of doubt regarding a wheel (or wheels) off track, just ask a player on track (or go yourself) to go to that spot and (while spectating on that car) watch the tyre marks on the floor. That should clear things out.

Sorry to inform you but the likes of you are not wanted around these parts. You overall lack of knowledge of drifting and how competitions work is appalling. So just do yourself a favor and quit posting videos that are a complete mockery of the sport. Thank you.
Seems like your head needs pulling out if you get what I mean. The guy is obviously new and doesn't know the rules around here. No need for your comment.

Cyber-bullies, not cool at all. Aleast the guys trying. Everyone had to start somewhere.

Hate how people think they're kings and queens of GT drifting, it's a game, chill and let people do what they want. Some high horses need their legs chopped.
See though Greazy, you must have missed his video that was "The best drifting video on GT6" ?

What's with the shift in attitude? By the looks of it your pinning yourself down here.

Not really.

You truly expect some decent judges to show up? ^^ =D

How many really good judges are there on GTP? People with regular judging experience in real competitions? I just know one. And as far as I know, he prefers GT5 still.

Probably just voting by himself, would explain why he 'won' his last competition... xD

Which isn't rude, but 100% right. It's a valid explanation for him winning his comp, right?

Not really.

How many really good judges are there on GTP? People with regular judging experience in real competitions? I just know one. And as far as I know, he prefers GT5 still.

Which isn't rude, but 100% right. It's a valid explanation for him winning his comp, right?

It was pretty rude.

It was more of a "Hey you rigged your last comp, so why is anybody going to help you judge this one"

And now you're trying to be the thread adjudicator, seems both hypocritical & contradicting to me.

It was pretty rude.

It was more of a "Hey you rigged your last comp, so why is anybody going to help you judge this one"

And now you're trying to be the thread adjudicator, seems both hypocritical & contradicting to me.

You considered it rude, when BOTH statements aren't, that's not my problem.

You considered it rude, when BOTH statements aren't, that's not my problem.

It's pretty rude, and apparently it's your problem if you're too stubborn to take note of your own actions and avoid contradicting your own posts.

It's pretty rude, and apparently it's your problem if you're too stubborn to take note of your own actions and avoid contradicting your own posts.

The only thing that is rude about it, is that I haven't researched exactly how many people on GTP are decently qualified judges. For the rest, if you can't live with it, than don't. There is a simple logout button. :/

A moderator responded after that post. And frankly, he didn't comment about it, so I really think it's not your place either.

Last edited:
The only thing that is rude about it, is that I haven't researched exactly how many people on GTP are decently qualified judges. For the rest, if you can't live with it, than don't. There is a simple logout button. :/

A moderator responded after that post. And frankly, he didn't comment about it, so I really think it's not your place either.
Then it's not your place telling other people what's rude and what isn't.

Back