Mt. Panorama is too fun,

  • Thread starter Thread starter VeeT1
  • 21 comments
  • 1,933 views
I had heard of Bathurst but wasnt actually familiar with the track until this game. Easily has become a favorite of mine very quickly!
 
We don't need threads on every thing you like about GT6, there are plenty of other threads for this.

why do you always use bold letters?
 
Yeah, stick with opening threads for the things you want to complain about! It's how it's done. :D


Oh, i like panorama at night even better specially when your in a dark room, very nice.
 


This is a geological audity!

The dipper, the ol' dipper!

Not the corkscrew!

200 miles a damn hour!

It's hell corner! It's hell corner, not hell corner!

:lol::p

 
"You can't race on a track like this!"
 
Great Aussie track. We have a 24hr race here every year too.
 
So far one of my more disliked tracks, that darn long straight followed by a long break near the end of the course has cost me at least one race so far..
 
I've posted this a couple times before but now so many are experiencing Bathurst for the first time around the world in GT6 I feel we can appreciate it even more, my favorite lap of Bathurst in my favorite era (Group A)

 
^Brocky at his best. Such an awesome track, so glad it finally made its way to GT!
 
I raced on that track when I was playing Toca Race Driver 3 (an excellent game) a time ago, and was one of my favorite in the game. When I heard that it would be in GT6 I was happy :)
 
It's a strange track, I've got a mixed opinion about it. It's pretty high speed, fun to drive the hilly sections, but then there's that long straight with that tight corner at the end. My Diablo keeps going wide and ends up in the barriers there.
 
So there I was coming down Conrod Straight just before The Chase, last lap, in the lead, when an Audi R8 passes me on the left and a Courage C60 passes on the right, because rubber band effect, you know?

Just then I get rammed straight up the keister by the Merc/Sauber sending me off in the boontoollies.

Morale of the story is I placed 8th and lost the championship. Jimmies were rustled.
 
Bathurst is another track for the favorites, like every course in this game.

Don't see why everyone is having a hard time with the long kink in the last straight. If your car is unstable when cornering in high speed, just let off the gas. Brake at the straight after the minor corner, and move through as quickly as you can.

There is even a driving test where you can practice this with a Fisker Karma.
 
I love the scenery but I think proper fun depends on the car being driven there. Low powered cars struggle on the uphill sections and super cars don't have enough room to breathe on the narrow mountain. It feels good in a GT3 or muscle car though.
 
I'm SO GLAD this track is in GT now!!!! I really enjoyed it in the TOCA games & was thinking we'd never see it in GT. Love it! 👍 Now if only PD would give us some premium Australian V8 supercars to drive on it! :mischievous:
 
Back