Multi Class Endurance. Catalunya. 03/11/2019.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 561 comments

Where shall we race?

• Autopolis

• Blue Moon Bay Infield A

• Catalunya

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've actually got a T300GT RS set in my wish list on Amazon as well as a cheap stand. And by rig, you mean a framework to mount your wheel & pedals or are you building your own wheel/pedals? :confused:

:lol: I tell myself I'm an adult every day, but it just doesn't feel like it. A lower priced set would lead me to spend the money easier.

It’s a great wheel, you wouldn’t be disappointed. And yes Sir, I do mean the framework, this is the one I built. :)

F5907F3A-CE0E-4DF6-A1D5-4E132B25F888.jpeg

82F4F190-A604-41DC-8A83-D0CD4A3A9C38.jpeg

27EF35D1-AC28-4DAF-867C-D5669CC327B3.jpeg

21A4A526-CB5E-4323-8AF0-945A09E679E4.jpeg

Or you could build a simple one like this and just pull it up to the couch. :)

54884E92-DA61-4D58-9005-6173D35556D6.jpeg

9663A809-18E5-4DF9-97E1-4AAA550CFAA0.jpeg

I have a GT Omega stand also on my wish list. I've got more money than time to build a rig. Either way, I am only looking at a wheel/pedal setup for consistency. I've seen several videos plus considered some of the times we've posted that basically reinforce the idea that the setup doesn't make you dramatically faster, just more consistent. Most of you have seen my replays & how the car or steering indicator twitches a little even when I'm on the straights.

i'm on the G29 set up as well.. but on my second stand! The first stand was a basic steel frame kind - prob around £80 area.. it lasted about 8 months and i snapped it clean whilst hard braking at Mulsanne repeatedly in the LMP1 when it was on the dailies one time :lol: Have you tried completing a lap with a steering wheel in mid air? :crazy:

I have no time / tools / skill level to be building stuff myself, so i then ordered the GT Omega stand.. much better, but i just couldn't get the right seat position at first compared to the old - i don't have a gaming chair, i use a plastic bucket style seat from the kitchen :indiff: but it does the job nicely for now.

Found this website though for the bucket list :cheers::crazy:

I just saw some of a thread with NevilleNobody getting his first wheel & having to go through a transition. I wouldn't have figured it to be too difficult. I understand synchronizing the hardware to each game, but it is something I'll have to keep in mind if I make the leap.

The problem with all these wheel setups is, how upgradeable is the hardware? You spend all that money on a wheel and pedals, for a console with a limited life. When the next title comes out and it's on PS5, does your fancy wheel then become an expensive paper weight?

The problem with all these wheel setups is, how upgradeable is the hardware? You spend all that money on a wheel and pedals, for a console with a limited life. When the next title comes out and it's on PS5, does your fancy wheel then become an expensive paper weight?
That's when you switch to PC and rarely look back.

Sooo Fiat 500 F Gr. 4?

If such a car was in the game, I'd burn it.

The T300 RS is set up for both PS3 & 4, so it has backward compatibility & I've got some driving games. And honestly, as of right now, we won't know 100% if our current hardware would transition to the PS5. Many entities will likely attempt to keep things compatible.

You can buy adapters that allow wheels to be used with any console, that’s what I did when I first got GT Sport. I bought a DriveHub adapter that allowed me to use my old DFGT(PS3 Wheel) on my PS4, but it also allows you to use it on pretty much any console. It tricks the console it’s plugged in to that the wheel is one that is compatible with it. :)

I'm about this close (-) to saying "**** it" & pulling the trigger.

If you do, I’d be more than happy work with you as much as I can to help speed up your adjustment period. :)

Congratulations on deciding to purchase your first wheel man! :cheers: What time and days of the week are you free for practice? :D

Practically any day during the week, usually after 4 pm Central time. Until it all arrives, I need to take Renault out for a spin.

Practically any day during the week, usually after 4 pm Central time. Until it all arrives, I need to take Renault out for a spin.

Cool man, nights and weekends I’m usually free too so that works out well. I’ll shoot you a pm and we can work out a schedule of some sort. This is exciting!! :D

Finally checked the reply. I've got the full race.

I've tried to share it twice and its failed both times. Its 200 odd Megabytes. I wouldn't think file size would be a problem.

Hi
I would like to join but dont see your race times or application.
Can you point me in da right direction?

my time zone is GMT

Yea I saw that & was getting excited until I noticed one make race.
I am trying to find a league that uses most if not all manufacturers. I love the mix off different cars.
Thanks for letting me know... I keep eye out incase you start one with different manufacturers.

I'll be honest, I doubt I'll be running another mixed grid event. I really like the idea of one makes.

We'll see, though. I may run another multi class endurance.

Back