Multi-Class SuperGT Championship - Congratulations Winners!

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 306 comments
The fast line is to get wheels each side of the sausage curbs but thats way too risky for me.
Too risky in that cutting in too much makes you potentially cut the corner and not enough causes the car to get too upset and lose momentum. Or aim for the normal red/white lines and play it safe. Keep your speed up and flat through the last left to get higher top speed on the straight. Flat out in a stock Alfa Romeo 4C Gr. 4 on SS tires so compare that as necessary

Well.. last night was challenging. OK I got damaged by Fred 2 times(and another I was distracted by his lagging and worried about being hit and I went off and hit a wall:dopey:) but I wasn't able to get under 32 seconds even when not damaged. Shame as I thought I would be strong at Gardens.

Not Freds fault though.

Last edited:
Well.. last night was challenging. OK I got damaged by Fred 2 times(and another I was distracted by his lagging and worried about being hit and I went off and hit a wall:dopey:) but I wasn't able to get under 32 seconds even when not damaged. Shame as I thought I would be strong at Gardens.

No Freds fault though.
We're trying a different host for the last round, while most of the grid is absolutely fine, it may fix the odd person seeing lag.

NOTE
Remember guys, round 6 is the final round, we have no ballast and we don't run power cuts. Take care at turn 1 and get some practice in! I know I will because I need to qualify 1st and beat @Sam digby to win the class assuming he comes 2nd.

Need to work on my setup, back to stock and work from there again!

Last edited:
It had been years and years that I didn't made a GT500/300 race (GT5 era), and it was my first time when it was part of a league. Needless to say, I was a bit stressed, making the liveries right before the start and having about 10 laps of practice if not less.

Starting last, I had good hopes in my ability to get on the Top 3, but by avoiding someone's spinning (can't remember who), Mattt thought an opportunity was there to take my inside at the 4 Apex turns, but he completly missed his braking point. Result ? A wall and engine damage. I exit the pits in the GT300 field with about 30 seconds on the lead. At that point, I took the race as a qualifying session and I tried my best to come back, playing with the trafic (which is new for me) and sometimes, having to overtake when a GT300 car is between us (happened twice with you @GTWelsh ;) )

I felt like it was almost impossible catch the lead until I see that I saved so much fuel in my first stint which made me gain a ton of time in the pit window and Fred struggling in the trafic with 2 GT300 cars blocking his way. I was able to come back way faster than expected and I take the lead on lap 39/40 not without great moves.

Congrats everyone, I really enjoyed the race!

I first of all want to apoligize to everyone who occured difficulties with me having lag but this was completely out of my control.. Some people saw me fine, some people saw me lagging.. This is something you can’t see ahead or have in control.. There’s only so much i can do..

So I’d like to say that i’m very sorry for those I gave damage during the race. I really don’t have the intention to take someone out by any means as i always try to race clean and fair.

With Stig hosting the last race.. We (especially me) can only hope it won’t be occuring again and hope for the best.

About my race..Well.. I was leading the entire race until i got rear ended near the end wich costed me time and eventually costed me the lead and the win but I still got 2nd so i gues that’s something good.

Hi guys, hope you've been practicing :)

Confirmed attendance for Round 6 of this GTSport SuperGT Championship:

1. T5Black
  2. Jimmy281090
  3. samdigby
  4. GT-Welsh
  5. DirtenDK
  6. Addy21_NL
  7. Fred_dude
  8. vrsSTIG
  9. Allaloneatron
  10. remedagent
  11. traels666
  12. FlichFloch
  13. mattt1973
  14. Jomas_74
  15. GT-Alex74
  16. Kenni3390

Last edited:
Round 6 starts today!

I have PSN messaged the people that I need updates from, in the hope they all make it.
@Sniparator@dad24dh

Qualifying starts normal time, 9pm sharp BST (British Summer Time, GMT+1).
Race day tomorrow, normal time, as above.

One for the photographers among us... After round 6 Can I request you re-share your best images and add the tag "mcsupergt" and if you remember, "round1" (or 2, 3, 4, etc). I will redo the first post with some post-series information and the shots you guys took.

Last edited:
I ‘usually’ take pics from each race we had to share them on our team fb page but I will for sure be doing them for this round!

Please all remember to remove any weight decals from your cars and to remove the weight ballast back to standard.

The first post has all the car power and weights listed by % too now. So that will help people using different power + weight units.

Apologies for the cock up regarding start times due to the world cup. In any future series will ensure alternative arrangement are clear to everyone and communicated properly then actually implemented as stated.

Round 6 Qualifying

GT500
  1. 1:46.563 Fred_dude
  2. 1:47.541 T5Black
  3. 1:47.663 vrsSTIG
  4. 1:47.825 traels666
  5. 1:48.753 DirtenDK
  6. 1:51.036 remedagent

GT300
  1. 1:54.463 GT-Welsh
  2. 1:54.726 samdigby
  3. 1:56.864 Jimmy281090