Multi-Screen Setup finally available in GT5

• Thread starter amar212
  • 264 comments
Holy ***! Look at GT5's penta-screen in action!

How funny that at an official GT5 display they are using a wheel that isn't fully supported by the game! Come on PD, hook up the G25 and G27 owners.

I currently have calls out to friends about getting together for a GT5 multi-monitor day. We were going to do this at launch until we found out it wasn't supported.

We already have 3 Sony Bravia 46" TVs lined up. I wonder if the multi-monitor works with the 3D function as the TVs are 3D.
We have a 4th friend with a 46" Samsung. Does anyone know if all the TVs have to be exactly the same brand and or/size?
I called 2 other friends which play GT5 but I can't remember what size and brand their TVs are. With luck we will have a 5 X 46 setup running this weekend or next.
:cheers:

We already have 3 Sony Bravia 46" TVs lined up. I wonder if the multi-monitor works with the 3D function as the TVs are 3D.
We have a 4th friend with a 46" Samsung. Does anyone know if all the TVs have to be exactly the same brand and or/size?
I called 2 other friends which play GT5 but I can't remember what size and brand their TVs are. With luck we will have a 5 X 46 setup running this weekend or next.
:cheers:

Regards 3D I dont think its possible to sync a single pair of glasses to multiple seperate displays. You can of course have multiple glasses to one display but thats only syncing to a single signal.

The current best 3D option seems to be the 3DXL adapter (£250) and a 3D Acer/Optoma Projector (£400+). Some guys in the UK just got this the past week (just released) and are saying the 3D experience on a big screen with no ghosting/crosstalk is fantastic and much better than you get with available 50"+ 3DTVs.

Last edited:
:drool: I knew PD would release this sometime but never thought it would be here so soon. More good news.. Have to wait till I have the funds to set something like this up but it has me picturing an even more amazing cockpit to put together.

OMG, this is unreal!!! My fiance won't like it... better get the 3 TVs and 2 extras-PS3 while I'm single! :)

Imagine this with the head-tracking enabled!!!

Honestly I found the 5-screen useless, the 3 is perfect!!! On 5-screen you have 2 TVs and 2 PS3 showing the guardrail all the time. Its just for showing on stands of expos...

But what BKViper said is the most truth: come on PD, give us G25/G27 full support! It's the best out there... come on!

When I turn 45-50, instead of using some of my saved money to buy a new car, **** that, I'm using the 20-30K instead to setup a good 3-way GT(6/7) / home theater. Although, I am itching now to get 2 more Slims and games, for I already have at least a dozen LCD's lying around in the office. Totally going to drive in Cockpit mode only. Thank you for this blessed feature, PD.

PD, how about "porting" your game over to the PC, I won't mind if it's "consolized" :D

i like multi monitor setups, but from my point of view the need to have the same amount of consoles as you have monitors is just plain stupid. Even more so the need for the multiple game versions.
Multi monitor stays on my pc. Its also expensive, but you only need the game once and a decent graphics card for about 500€. All in all this is fairer to me.

I dont think any PC on earth can run GT5 on 5 monitors.. GTR? Iracing? Sure but they don't look nearly as good as GT5.

Ok, need to apologise, due to thinks out of my control involving fire engines and police no less, I have been delayed!

Going to do the multi-screen stuff now!

First thing to say is that it is so pleasing to actually have this option in the game. I can hardly believe it has finally arrived.

The other good news is that this multiscreen option is indeed superior to that in FM3. Anyone with experience with that will tell you getting a good alignment was tricky and prone to your seating position. It didn't handle monitor/TV borders well with appropriate options.

Setting this up in GT5 is very simple and I had good results with alignment by the 3rd attempt even with a temporary configuration. Do take note that it probably best and advised to have the game updated and installed on each system.

You can easily and quickly exit the additional screens back to the option menu. Go in and change settings. Then initiate the multi-screens to rejoin the game on the server console. You don't have to quit the actual race/track you are on with the server/centre screen and this is a real bonus over FM3 as well.

The border management I assume works like how Eyefinity works. I don't have that but this is very simple to do. I got a decent yet quick setting with 3% for Borders and 50 degrees using 3x iiyama 2407 displays.

Replays work fine and look fantastic
Photo mode walking works fine as well but you can only have photos appear on single screen.
In game menus are single screen and display the GT logo only on the additional screens.
It will work with two screens if you only have two but you cannot set a camera like rear view or replay cam just only screens 1-5 with 1 being the far left display and 5 the far right.

Don't have time this evening to do much else but it's very promising and a great bonus for fans of the game.

Last edited:
First thing to say is that it is so pleasing to actually have this option in the game. I can hardly believe it has finally arrived.

The other good news is that this multiscreen option is superior to that in FM3. Anyone with experience with that will tell you getting a good alignment was tricky and prone to your seating position. It didn't handle monitor/TV borders well with appropriate options.

Setting this up in GT5 is very simple and I had good results with alignment by the 3rd attempt even with a temporary configuration.

After reading all your previous posts regarding multi-screen support, it's nice to hear that it's finally here.

After reading all your previous posts regarding multi-screen support, it's nice to hear that it's finally here.

Yeah, gees I had a lump in my throat and almost a tear in my eye with joy finally seeing it in action.
I forgot to mention it's possible with premium cars to still change the cockpit view to the standard,narrow,narrower viewing distance. Furthermore you can turn off all in game info and have only the joy of the games graphics. Really it is easy to setup and looks as well as we ever could of hoped.

The games performance and tearing all still seem the same, damn this is good.

Last edited:
Latte, you have got to do some good for the community and post some videos for us. Especially replays...

Do replays span across all screens?
What happens when B-speccing?
Can you do this only in arcade mode (like in GT4) or can you do this in A-spec as well as online?
Menus? how do they look, do the other screens go blank (or black ;)) and the menu only shows in the center screen?

Latte, you have got to do some good for the community and post some videos for us. Especially replays...

Do replays span across all screens?
What happens when B-speccing?
Can you do this only in arcade mode (like in GT4) or can you do this in A-spec as well as online?
Menus? how do they look, do the other screens go blank (or black ;)) and the menu only shows in the center screen?

I will let others upload vids etc.
B Spec is a no, full GT mode is what I tried so it's not limited like GT4 to only TT or just Arcade mode. Menus were mentioned it seems only in game uses the extra monitors.

It is possible to come out of GT Mode and into Arcade mode without resetting the monitors/screens it detects the game loading a track again and displays as the track loads. When screens are not used you get the GT logo as seen on loading screens.

Last edited:
FIVE SCREENS??? That's AWESOME.

I don't think a 5 screen setup will EVER happen for me (teardrop) but I'm starting on my 3 screen setup right now. Between Forza and GT as well as PC sims, I finally see plenty of reason to have one.

Can anyone suggest a good monitor to look for for this kind of thing? Also, I'll need some ideas for a stand or rack to mount them on, so I can use my driving rig with it.

I'm stoked. Color me amazed.:)

wow I was happy with my old gt4 3screen but 5!!! I cant afford that right now lol. Im definitely going to do the 3 screen setup though. You can get ps3s for $100-$150 on craigslist now.

And you guys say Iracing is expensive.

I know its probably the only way but seriously having to have 3 ps3s and 3 copies of the game? fail

I have 3 PS3's, one 55" projection and two 32" monitors. Maybe a trip to buy or rent two copies of GT5 and give this a whirl?

Imagine the power cunsumption made by 5 40" screens and 5 PS3's.. My monitor and ps3 (fat) are 250W alone .. Wouldn't rubberbandgrind a whole night with that setup up and running :crazy:

why still need extra copies of games to use this feature? The game can be installed in all ps3 and the game disc in the server ps3, so we can save the money to buy extra monitor or ps3.

Last edited:
As I have access to multiple PS3s and screens and copies of GT5 I decided to give this a go so am now going to post impressions.
Also as these are my friends screens so they don't all match, I imagine a version using identical screens with smaller bezels would be very impressive.
First, wow, the sense of speed is so much better, when you see the side of the road whizzing past it is quite impressive!
IMAG0154.jpg

It was quite simple to set up, I was concerned it was going to take some time and would need ethernet cables but it works fine using the wireless connectivity.
The game ony uses multiscreen when racing or in the race menu, at all other times only the main screen shows menus with the side screens showing the GT symbol as per loading screens.
IMAG0176.jpg

The multiscreen works for both racing and replays, in race you can still look left and right giving you a very, very wide range of view.
IMAG0210.jpg

Looking right
IMAG0212.jpg

And left
IMAG0211.jpg

And behind!
IMAG0213.jpg

The multiscreen works online also, very useful for checking positions of opponents cars.
IMAG0178.jpg

Obviously with standard cars there is no cockpit but the bumper/1st person view works well.
IMAG0201.jpg

looking right
IMAG0203.jpg

and left
IMAG0205.jpg

And in 3rd person view
IMAG0207.jpg

And finally in replays, of which I struggled to get a good picture!
IMAG0174.jpg

If you are rich enough go for it, it works very well! I am lucky enough to try it for free.

Am still to check about using the adjustable fov in single screen mode.

I was hoping multiple monitor support would be supported but had no idea it would be this soon, thank you PD!

I'm in the process of installing the game on my other 2 consoles and will be getting some seat time in after that but I will post up some shots or vids later

Thank you very much Jambo!

Great effort, looking forward to my space and finance planning in next few days :D

Last edited:
Back