Multi-Screen Setup finally available in GT5

• Thread starter amar212
  • 264 comments
I stand deeply corected :)

Hey, did Nofi mentioned you on Sixaxis? Also, is it ok if I quote your pictures on GTS forum with propper credientials of course?

makes the cockpits look even worse
perspective in the cockpits are done orders of magnitude better in pc sims like GTR.
so it looks like my multi-monitor dollars will still stay on the pc where it's cheaper and better.

I stand deeply corected :)

Hey, did Nofi mentioned you on Sixaxis? Also, is it ok if I quote your pictures on GTS forum with propper credientials of course?

Of course feel free :)

Yeah I use TheSixAxis a lot, its a fun place!

Just a tip from a Ballymena man JamboGT but you can pause the game or in replays with the multi-screens. Would be easier to get some quality shots and avoid the blurring.

Or you could save a replay, load it up to view then enter Photomode and you can walk around like FPS on triple screens. It would be a great way to showcase this mode and take a physical photo.

I will gladly let some others enjoy the limelight as my time will come with the cockpit... :)

Last edited:
Have tested the FOV with a single screen and I am glad to say that it works.

I have three examples here:
Set at 50:
IMAG0216.jpg

At 75:
IMAG0217.jpg

And at 100:
IMAG0218.jpg

It is adjustable in steps of 5.

Thanks Mr Latte, thats a good plan, just wasn't thinking at the time.

A Ballymoney man here!

Unfortunately this is the end of my multiscreening for now as I need to return the screens and PS3s to my friends. I await their next absence.

I bit the bullet and picked up another PS3 and 2 more copies of GT5 and should have my triple screen up and running in a few hours.

Glad to hear setup works even better than in Forza 3 (hopefully now that T10 has some multi monitor competition from GT5 we will see it supported in Forza 4 as well!)

I'll definitely post some pics and help answer questions.

My Setup:

(3) PS3 | (3) NEC 23" LCD | Obutto Ozone | Fatanac PWTS w/CSP | Buttkicker | Spherex 5.1

5457726316_ee5c039e38_b.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my setup, I'd sure like to play gt5 on it! Gotta find some used ps3s....
Samsung MD230 3x23" 1080p
IMG_1169.jpg

I dont think any PC on earth can run GT5 on 5 monitors.. GTR? Iracing? Sure but they don't look nearly as good as GT5.

I was assuming he was talking about multiple PCs, just as multiple PS3s are required. Can you image the graphics being optimized to use all the available graphics, and have 5 PCs each running top of the line video cards.
The AA and AF themselves would help clean up GT5 so much.
And in addition to the 5 PCs, I want to run it on 5 Sharp 108" TVs.
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Sharp-LCD-108,news-1748.html
:drool::sly::scared::eek::bowdown:

Don't need 5 PC since Eyefinity is design to run up to 6 monitors. Even if one GPU not enough you can connect two-three cards on a gaming PC. The main reason you need three consoles is the GPU is only design to run one monitor. It doesn't have the speed nor the ram to run 3-5 screens.

Mr. Latte,

I immediately thought of you when the news of patch 1.06 was announced. Does this mean Project R will continue in earnest?

Zoom!(x2),

I've seen some incredible Eyefinity setups. I have no doubt a powerful PC with a pair of top end video cards could render a native version GT5 on triple screens, and look better than three PS3s doing it, too. GT for Windows will never happen, but I'd love to see a version of Forza.

I bit the bullet and picked up another PS3 and 2 more copies of GT5 and should have my triple screen up and running in a few hours.

Glad to hear setup works even better than in Forza 3 (hopefully now that T10 has some multi monitor competition from GT5 we will see it supported in Forza 4 as well!)

I'll definitely post some pics and help answer questions.

My Setup:

(3) PS3 | (3) NEC 23" LCD | Obutto Ozone | Fatanac PWTS w/CSP | Buttkicker | Spherex 5.1

I'm mad and jelly

As I have access to multiple PS3s and screens and copies of GT5 I decided to give this a go so am now going to post impressions.
Also as these are my friends screens so they don't all match, I imagine a version using identical screens with smaller bezels would be very impressive.
First, wow, the sense of speed is so much better, when you see the side of the road whizzing past it is quite impressive!
IMAG0154.jpg

It was quite simple to set up, I was concerned it was going to take some time and would need ethernet cables but it works fine using the wireless connectivity.
The game ony uses multiscreen when racing or in the race menu, at all other times only the main screen shows menus with the side screens showing the GT symbol as per loading screens.
IMAG0176.jpg

The multiscreen works for both racing and replays, in race you can still look left and right giving you a very, very wide range of view.
IMAG0210.jpg

Looking right
IMAG0212.jpg

And left
IMAG0211.jpg

And behind!
IMAG0213.jpg

The multiscreen works online also, very useful for checking positions of opponents cars.
IMAG0178.jpg

Obviously with standard cars there is no cockpit but the bumper/1st person view works well.
IMAG0201.jpg

looking right
IMAG0203.jpg

and left
IMAG0205.jpg

And in 3rd person view
IMAG0207.jpg

And finally in replays, of which I struggled to get a good picture!
IMAG0174.jpg

If you are rich enough go for it, it works very well! I am lucky enough to try it for free.

Am still to check about using the adjustable fov in single screen mode.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Im sold
3 32inch tvs from http://www.mwave.com/mwave/index.asp?
1 ps3 from craiglist
and 2 more copies of gt5
+ a steering wheel and seat :(
on my list of things to get this year

Last edited:
It's awesome! When you turn the view to left, you still can see the front on your TV on the right hand side. I have more motivation to work hard to get it and 5.1 sound system.

What's more, a video of racing with other cars (with turning left and right views) will be very much appreciated.

JamboGT, what's your wheel? Thrustmaster? Does it has shifter on your right hand side?

Using the Driving Force GT, a good wheel but badly needs better pedals.

I would get a video but had to give the PS3s and screens back!

I am sure some of the others could provide a video though:tup:

My Setup:

Whoa! Is that a "Catkicker" I see under your seat? I hear that greatly enhances the racing experience!

Epic! Of course it has no interest to me unless I can play online. I'm sorry if you mentioned this already and I didn't see it.

But..

Can you play online with 3 monitors?

For those people who have mutil screen setup, what would you say is the optimum screen size per TV? I'd like them big enough to where I dont have to put my nose to the screen.

I see a shopping spree coming on.

Mr. Latte,

I immediately thought of you when the news of patch 1.06 was announced. Does this mean Project R will continue in earnest?

Yeah thanks, Im delighted with this news, makes the game so much more impressive to play and better looking...

The Project hasnt stopped at all and has continued to grow.
Just found it pointless continuing updates of purchases. The Past few months has seen much more bought for it.

Thats my problem I keep experimenting and adding more to it which takes time to buy the components for the ideas. For example currently it now will use 5x onboard Subwoofers (3x12" 2x 10") up from the original idea of just 2 and 8x Buttkicker/tactile units. The objective is in giving surround tactile effects with surround sound in a surround bass configuration around the driver/player. Now of course with triple screens, 7 channel surround with 6x Behringer Equalisers, 2x Behringer Subharmonic Processors and using 4-5 amplifers those allow a great range of control in how it sounds and feel of the tactile.

I guess my way of doing it is different as the cockpit frame will be built around the audio and tactile experience.
As said before it's really part self experiment/hobby and not just building a frame/seat and adding on a Buttkicker.

Last edited:
I just used wifi, I imagine wired would give better performance though.

I was going to try with a spare router we have but didn't have enough cables.

For those people who have mutil screen setup, what would you say is the optimum screen size per TV? I'd like them big enough to where I dont have to put my nose to the screen.

I see a shopping spree coming on.

I found my older 22" a little small and bought 3x 24" last year. 24"-32" I would expect to offer good performance now that we know GT5 has pretty good control of the displays borders and eases alignment. Going for bigger HDTV displays often unless the very newest models may have quite large frame/borders and need much more room.

You might be quite surprised just how wide even 3x 24" monitors, particulary when you are maybe only approx 30" from centre screen to seating position. So smaler but closer, bigger but further applies.

For me I want a close but comfortable distance yet keeping all 3 screens in my peripheral vision. This increases the speed sensation as well an is more comfortable. Being too close would mean you would not have all screens visible at once and require looking left/right.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back