Multiplayer

United States
Utah
So I'd figure I should start a thread covering this topic, as I'm sure most of you who get the game will be racing online often. So what are your thoughts/wants for the multiplayer aspect of the game? The possibility of only 16 cars online, and your plans for racing online?

Disclaimer: We still don't know enough about multiplayer to make a proper judgement. SMS will be making a blog in the near future covering this specific topic.
(This thread will be updated weekly if any additional information is released).

It already does feature the latter two. And considering the huge amount of profile stats the game monitors and saves, I d be surprised if matchmaking wouldnt come at some point sooner or later (doesnt make much sense now since you need to reset your profile with every new dev build currently).

Matchmaking finds lobbies of similar skill levels to your own. Hopper lobbies are a set of lobbies that have scripted car and track combinations, for example LMP1 cars at Le Mans, then GT3 cars Brno, then Ford Focus at Donnington, etc. The players are unable to change the settings of the lobby, be it track, laps, cars or weather. You can ony vote to skip race.

Matchmaking finds lobbies of similar skill levels to your own. Hopper lobbies are a set of lobbies that have scripted car and track combinations, for example LMP1 cars at Le Mans, then GT3 cars Brno, then Ford Focus at Donnington, etc. The players are unable to change the settings of the lobby, be it track, laps, cars or weather. You can ony vote to skip race.
Ahhh, what a difference a missing comma makes:lol:👍👍

Take a look at this

https://twitter.com/WMDCars

I tried to post it on here but Twitter policies wont let me. There's a photo that SMS retweeted of the Xbox one Version on a multiplayer lobby, it was at Watkins Glen and it said the following at the top.

"9/18 Players+0AI".

I know SMS hasn't completely optimized the consoles yet so lets see where this goes.

I don't think that's an XBone shot, all of those people are regular PC players, I've raced against them quite often. Where has it said XBone shot?

I don't think that's an XBone shot, all of those people are regular PC players, I've raced against them quite often. Where has it said XBone shot?
It didnt' but usually the PC version says "X/64 Players" not 18, and I believe on the top right there are a blue X and Yellow Y button icon. (To start/skip track)

The PC version normally says x/64 because the host rarely changes the driver limit, but you can reduce it. The two coloured button (they don't have any letters in them) is also part of the PC GUI. If you take a look at the car selection screen, there is a yellow circle in the same place for you to go to the garage.

The PC version normally says x/64 because the host rarely changes the driver limit, but you can reduce it. The two coloured button (they don't have any letters in them) is also part of the PC GUI. If you take a look at the car selection screen, there is a yellow circle in the same place for you to go to the garage.

Well in that case I stand corrected..

with the different sim levels available in the game is there an option to only allow people using the same sim level in the lobby or will the online part of the game only utilize the full simulation mode ?
At the moment most of the lobby's dont restrict the aids however you can I believe

Can you set up public lobbies with a name or description? or does it just display username, venue details etc?

Can you search for specific types of lobbies using filters?

Do you score points in online races? If so, does the lobby reflect current drivers standings with a points total, after each completed race?

Does anyone know if you can do an online career or anything similar? Basically just a multiplayer version of the single player career...

Does anyone know if you can do an online career or anything similar? Basically just a multiplayer version of the single player career...

The most troll-free and realistic would be league MP championships, where you always race against the same people, maybe even share the same car. I'd love to race a GT3 championship like that.

The most troll-free and realistic would be league MP championships, where you always race against the same people, maybe even share the same car. I'd love to race a GT3 championship like that.
Do you know if theres any controller-only racing leagues on PS4?

The GTPlanet Project Cars Racing Community

On PS4 players can have up to 2000 friends which may have an impact on the ease of organising clubs within games.

It may be possible to have PCars GTPlanet rooms/groups for signed up players only that are populated nearly around the clock.

Certainly on PS3 the 100 friends limit meant groups that had that many members still had many times when most members weren't on and playing the relevant game. Many members are limited by how often they can get online and by where they are on the globe and often found themselves in sparsely populated club rooms except at some organised meets/races.

Project Cars on communities/clubs/groups may be able to work in a different way to how something like GT5/6 have worked.

Is anyone on WMD able to give us an insight into how some of the community run events and clubs may benefit based on what is coming our way soon?

Are there any new information out regarding online racing features, especially the role off the lobby host. Will he have the ability to impose penalties and/or disqualifications etc?

Are there any new information out regarding online racing features, especially the role off the lobby host. Will he have the ability to impose penalties and/or disqualifications etc?

I would VERY MUCH doubt that. The chance for a system like that being abused is about 100%.

I would VERY MUCH doubt that. The chance for a system like that being abused is about 100%.
Gran Turismo had the ability to boot you out of the room and I'm not sure I ever saw it abused in more than 3 years online in any of the circuit racing rooms I was in. So I'd say it's closer to 0% than 100%

Gran Turismo had the ability to boot you out of the room and I'm not sure I ever saw it abused in more than 3 years online in any of the circuit racing rooms I was in. So I'd say it's closer to 0% than 100%

Same on Forza. I hardly saw it abused in custom lobbies.

Back